PC version 1.20.1 released

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Am enjoying it immensely now, esp on Legend mode. But please please, stop fast bowlers bowling over the wicket. It seems that I'm facing about 80% of bowling from around the wicket (over the wicket for LH and around the wicket for RH fast bowlers). Is this intended or just how the AI copes with it? Yes bowlers do bowl around the wicket but for the most part, RH fast bowlers bowl over the wicket. Have a look at the recent 1st test of the Ashes...the majority of english bowlers bowed over the wicket for long periods before sometimes dabbling in around the wicket (but only to LH batsmen eg. Rogers).

what annoys me is that if you try to block or drive, you will most definitely nick it to the keeper. I've started my career as a 21 y/o with a level 3 batsman...they shouldn't be nicking these balls every time.

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mode- Career
Match Type- One Day
Overs -last over of the innings
Bug- game crashed twice when i finished bowling last over of innings
first instance was Pre 1.20 release(i was playing on beta)
Second Instance was post 1.20 release i bowled last ball of the 40th over and pressed A to skip Celebration(8ovrs 3 maidens 7 runs 3 wickets:facepalm), Game crashed to desktop.
i never had such issue before and i don't know if this is something to do with my pc or game, so i request you(Big Ant team) to look into this.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
One thing i would ask the boys at Big Ant to have a look at is the ability to choose weather. I didnt realise you could play in overcast conditions untill earlier. Seen it so rarely never noticed.

Thought it was just cloudy or sunny!

It effects edges aswell.

I know we all bang on about it, i just wish there was some clarity on skills and edges.

Just seems so silly the game is so so good yet, the best bits about it dont exist on veteran and above !

weeramanthrie

County Cricketer
sometimes while batting, the batsmen reveals all the stumps when blocking. loosing too many wickets due to this. any idea how to stop that? tried increasing the straight bat skills, but no effect.

vinit85

Club Captain
Career Mode(version 1.20)
1.Umpires Still Comes in Test Uniform even in ODI & T20 Matches.(Domestic & International)
2.Same Umpires Repeats after every match.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
1. Unable to resume a saved game in co-op mode. I started playing a casual game in co-op mode . Saved the game and while trying to resume it only one player can be assigned to either of the team.
2. The fielding HUD(Field position names above the fielders while pressing RT) doesn't appear for both the players. What i have noted is initially player two can see the fielding HUD and player 1 can't see. Once the player1 gets out and new batsmen comes in for player 1 now player 1 can see the HUD and player 2 can't.
Fixes for these issues will be in a small update due later today.

Mode- Career
Match Type- One Day
Overs -last over of the innings
Bug- game crashed twice when i finished bowling last over of innings
first instance was Pre 1.20 release(i was playing on beta)
Second Instance was post 1.20 release i bowled last ball of the 40th over and pressed A to skip Celebration(8ovrs 3 maidens 7 runs 3 wickets:facepalm), Game crashed to desktop
Haven't been able to reproduce this one - could you send me a copy of your career save?

sid8491

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Fixes for these issues will be in a small update due later today.

Haven't been able to reproduce this one - could you send me a copy of your career save?
Hey I just purchased game yesterday, how would I know the game version? And how to update the patches?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Hey I just purchased game yesterday, how would I know the game version? And how to update the patches?
You can view the current version in the game credits - which are under the Options menu. Steam will keep the game up to date for you.

kamyFC

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Just a Q.
If there are new patches. Would saved games be lost?

I lost a saved (in progress game) and the tournament once there was a new patch applied. I think this was the old patch (1.1.8 or something)

Is that intentional or is it a bug?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
If there are new patches. Would saved games be lost?
They shouldn't be. In progress games are sometimes an issue, but even then that should just be some features not working as intended, rather than things being lost.

kamyFC

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
I'm going to be safe. I have in progress games saved, that am really enjoying on 1.20.

So i have set Steam to manually patch the game.
Once i dont have in progress games in saved state, i can update.

I guess. that should work.

Thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread