PC version 1.20.1 released

Noted a new Bug in online 2 vs 1.

1. Unable to resume a saved game in co-op(2 VS 1 ie two player on the same PC and 1 in remote PC ) mode in online. The issue for there before in local co-op also and it was fixed with one of the recent update. I believe that the Online part is not yet changed. Please have a look in to it.

Hmm, borderless window mode seems to be functioning fine for me, though I also don't notice a framerate difference between the two, just a difference in how the graphics are scaled.

Might be worth checking your config.ini file that is in the Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14 folder - that contains all the graphical settings. Take a look in there to check there whether the line for borderless is set to 0.

That is definitely set to 0 and the game is still in Borderless Window mode. However since I restarted my PC I am no longer getting the low framerate so I guess it's not really an issue anymore.

The fields are all jumbled up after the installing the latest patch. Also most of the field options are repeated. Any suggestion?

Attachments

• 2015-07-20_00001.jpg
    2015-07-20_00001.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 2015-07-20_00002.jpg
    2015-07-20_00002.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 18
  • 2015-07-20_00003.jpg
    2015-07-20_00003.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 2015-07-20_00004.jpg
    2015-07-20_00004.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 2015-07-20_00005.jpg
    2015-07-20_00005.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 15
Just hit out against the spinner, clearing the mid-on by a good 15 yards directly over his head...

...only to be caught by the bastard love child of Thor and Superman at mid-off.

this with reduced attributes. FFS.

Probably just me but since the recent patch I cannot seem to buy a wicket. I certainly cannot get an edge I haven't edged in weeks infact I actually just don't bother with slips anymore.. It is like any ball that would miss the stumps by 1mm the batsman will totally miss but 1mm closer he will block everything. Every short ball to any tailender with weak back foot skills can deal with it easy and fast..

It is probably just me but my bowling form is worse than Ian Bells batting form. Might just reinvent myself as a spinner in a new career. I found fast bowling in career mode frustrating before the patch / my sudden inability.

Probably just me but since the recent patch I cannot seem to buy a wicket. I certainly cannot get an edge I haven't edged in weeks infact I actually just don't bother with slips anymore.. It is like any ball that would miss the stumps by 1mm the batsman will totally miss but 1mm closer he will block everything. Every short ball to any tailender with weak back foot skills can deal with it easy and fast..

It is probably just me but my bowling form is worse than Ian Bells batting form. Might just reinvent myself as a spinner in a new career. I found fast bowling in career mode frustrating before the patch / my sudden inability.
What level are you playing on?

I have two actually

ONe on pro which as I say I struggled with.. but my old one on Amature I went back too and I am just as useless on that. As I say it probably just me but it just seems since the patch I get no change out of nothing. Fast bowling seems well useless.

Is not getting many edges normal? I used to get a few but now none ever. I don't think I have ever seen an edge to the slips since I bought it last year. Right now they middle the bat everything or miss as long as it won't hit the stumps.

Like I say again it could well be me but I would normally take 1 2 3 or even 5 wickets a game but now I have taken a single one in about 9 matches which was a lucky one as it was slogged and fell short on the man at deep square leg. Maybe I should drop myself :lol

Lots of people are experiencing a lack of edges. On pro they seem less less if you see what I mean. If you are getting the ball in the right place generally then you should be taking wickets....

Just hit out against the spinner, clearing the mid-on by a good 15 yards directly over his head...

...only to be caught by the bastard love child of Thor and Superman at mid-off.

this with reduced attributes. FFS.

This was my point in the scripting thread. No matter how you set the attributes, the game will just decide to over-ride them when it's "wicket time".

No matter how you set the attributes, the game will just decide to over-ride them when it's "wicket time"

I'm not so sure about that, here's what I will say: The fielding still remains a huge issue for me, especially when it comes to catches.

The proof is in the games feedback itself. Lets use this T20 scenario I face all the time... I hit a six, clean over the mid off boundary and the games feedback tells me it's 90 meters. Couple of singles, an over later I hit another six, same place to the same bowler and it goes for lets say, 85 meters. Both times I've watched the replay, both times the trajectory and the arc are about the same, maybe slightly left or right, maybe fractionally shorter but essentially I'm timing it correctly and clearing the boundary easily each time, almost always into the crowd somewhere. The best scenario I can use is I hit the side-screen and got the XP for doing it (a scenario that's happened to me often).

The AI changes the field, pushes mid off back. Great, that's smart AI. The fielder is now on the boundary at mid off... but I decide to take him on anyway. Wait for the right delivery, then I hit another six. The game tells me it's gone 85 meters again, except this time the fielder at Mid Off has run back over the boundary and in the animation-replay he catches it just over the boundary line. Obviously I'm not out, but previously I was clearing the boundary line into the crowd, or hitting the sidescreen and getting it "85 meters" now all of a sudden it's the same measurement but the fielder is catching is just over the line?

Something doesn't add up...

Next time I take on the fielder, with the same trajectory, the same timing or very little change and the ball suddenly drops down, warps from a clearly 'over the boundary' trajectory to Mid Off who stands and catches the ball, and I'm out.

It's hugely frustrating. I don't think it's scripted per-say ...but there has to be a code in the game somewhere that says if X fielder is within Y distance of the ball, they can catch it. The "Y" needs to be reduced so it's human. The speeds the fielders move in the field, some of the time, are still quite comically superhuman. Just the other night playing online against a random they set a fielder smack bam behind the bowler on the boundary line, who could then cover anything on the boundary position moving left or right from Cover to Deep Midwicket...

...and that's a human player, the AI doesn't do that anymore, but their boundary runners still cover too much ground in the outfield, yet somehow move too slowly towards the ball on many occasions.

That's why I don't think there's scripted dismissals, or edges or anything else. I just think using the field mechanics as a capsule of the games niggles, some elements are just set to incorrect levels of acceptable cricket possibilities. There's absolutely no excuse for an AI (or human) player to place a fielder on a boundary line and be able to have you getting caught out for shots that the game tells you were clearing the boundary both visually and statistically mere moments earlier. I fully believe it's down to the warping-effect that happens in catches because the game allows too larger an area for catches to be possible in relation to the fielder, both vertically and horizontally.

Wow, that's the most I've typed in a long time.

I'm not so sure about that, here's what I will say: The fielding still remains a huge issue for me, especially when it comes to catches.

The proof is in the games feedback itself. Lets use this T20 scenario I face all the time... I hit a six, clean over the mid off boundary and the games feedback tells me it's 90 meters. Couple of singles, an over later I hit another six, same place to the same bowler and it goes for lets say, 85 meters. Both times I've watched the replay, both times the trajectory and the arc are about the same, maybe slightly left or right, maybe fractionally shorter but essentially I'm timing it correctly and clearing the boundary easily each time, almost always into the crowd somewhere. The best scenario I can use is I hit the side-screen and got the XP for doing it (a scenario that's happened to me often).

The AI changes the field, pushes mid off back. Great, that's smart AI. The fielder is now on the boundary at mid off... but I decide to take him on anyway. Wait for the right delivery, then I hit another six. The game tells me it's gone 85 meters again, except this time the fielder at Mid Off has run back over the boundary and in the animation-replay he catches it just over the boundary line. Obviously I'm not out, but previously I was clearing the boundary line into the crowd, or hitting the sidescreen and getting it "85 meters" now all of a sudden it's the same measurement but the fielder is catching is just over the line?

Next time I take on the fielder, with the same trajectory, the same timing or very little change and the ball suddenly drops down, warps from a clearly 'over the boundary' trajectory to Mid Off who stands and catches the ball, and I'm out.

It's hugely frustrating. I don't think it's scripted per-say ...but there has to be a code in the game somewhere that says if X fielder is within Y distance of the ball, they can catch it. The "Y" needs to be reduced so it's human. The speeds the fielders move in the field, some of the time, are still quite comically superhuman. Just the other night playing online against a random they set a fielder smack bam behind the bowler on the boundary line, who could then cover anything on the boundary position moving left or right from Cover to Deep Midwicket...

...and that's a human player, the AI doesn't do that anymore, but their boundary runners still cover too much ground in the outfield, yet somehow move too slowly towards the ball on many occasions.

That's why I don't think there's scripted dismissals, or edges or anything else. I just think using the field mechanics as a capsule of the games niggles, some elements are just set to incorrect levels of acceptable cricket possibilities. There's absolutely no excuse for an AI (or human) player to place a fielder on a boundary line and be able to have you getting caught out for shots that the game tells you were clearing the boundary both visually and statistically mere moments earlier. I fully believe it's down to the warping-effect that happens in catches because the game allows too larger an area for catches to be possible in relation to the fielder, both vertically and horizontally.

the game behaves like there's a "dice" in the code that is like "will there be a wicket this ball"? if there is, they will find a way to get that wicket, whether that's a fielder warping 50 metres for a catch, a physics defying ricochet off the pads or whatever. I hit a great chip shot yesterday, not perfectly timed but comfortably cleared mid-on in a straight line towards long on. More than well hit enough to go for four... but it was caught by a guy running warping from mid-off.

the guy who it was hit right over couldn't get near it, the guy 40 metres away was there drinking a cup of tea waiting for it to fall in his hand.

this is why the AI will play sensibly for 80 balls then decide to play 3 metres inside the line with his stumps exposed... or chip tamely to mid-off: the dice have fallen, and he has to get out one way or the other.

i'm not saying there really IS a dice-type code, as it would clearly be ludicrous, but it's how the game behaves at regular intervals times.

Biggs i never know that u can even type sensible things...

@Biggs

You have brought up some very interesting points. I have never picked up on the ball warping but the fielder warping is plain to see. Having set the running speed and acceleration to minimum just highlights when it does happen. At first I thought it may be linked to anticipation but minimising that didn't prevent this either. I'm going to start playing around with the catching attribute to see if this has an effect but obviously having this set too low will result in too many dropped catches.

I think the catching ability is more of a coin-flip thing where too low, and the AI just drops it, too high and they never drop it. I doubt it stops the actual ball-warps-in-trajectory-to-player scenario as the catching sphere of possibility™ won't change; that is the ball will still warp to the player, adjusting the attribute only reduces a successful catch. In my humble, yet correct opinion.

the game behaves like there's a "dice" in the code that is like "will there be a wicket this ball"? if there is, they will find a way to get that wicket

One thing I have noticed now I'm back playing regular in career mode and scoring big in tests is that when your fatigue is high it becomes increasingly difficult to hit lofted shots, which I think is a nice result. That being said, the dice thing you speak of (not quite as nice as my catching sphere of possibility™) is more prevalent when you're bowling, than batting.

Users who are viewing this thread