On Hold PCF1: 2000 --- On hold until I return from my travels

In addition, I can confirm that Montagny would be granted a Superlicence, and as such would be eligible to race in Grands Prix.
Make that a million for the bid then.

Our drivers for the Jerez test will be

fra.gif
Olivier Panis
ita.gif
Jarno Trulli
arg.gif
Gastón Mazzacane

@The Author

f1banner01.png

Trade Time!
Auction_123rf.jpg

knsPo.png
iwVny.png
g8uG.png

1996.jpg
006325-retro-green-floral-icon-arrows-two-directions-left-right1.png
feivK.png

The first big loan transfer has taken place. The four time GP winner has been hot pick during the transfer window. If reports are to be believed Team Scuderia Ferrari received bids for Irvine from 3-4 teams but the Williams-Mercedes Benz team has been able to lure the owners of the Ferrari team for an undisclosed sum of money. What is more that the team Ferrari will also get Frenchman Patrick Lemarie is in return for no cost. Irvine will join Herbert and Wilson. It will be interesting to see who of the latter two misses out now that Irvine is in the team who is expected to lead the team in all the races.

Headlines everywhere at Jerez testing

A season of Ferrari dominance looks to be in store after their commanding performance at the first of two pre-season tests in Jerez. At the top of the long weekend's time sheets was double World Champion Michael Schumacher, closely followed by his new team-mate David Coulthard. The two Ferrari race drivers were then followed by the two McLaren race drivers as Mika Hakkinen, the reigning double World Champion, and Jenson Button placed their cars third and fourth.

But the big headlines were grabbed by the pair of young drivers in fifth and sixth: Kimi Raikkonen out-paced the experienced Johnny Herbert to place himself as the fastest Williams driver at the test, while Franck Montagny put up a creditable performance in the third Ferrari to post sixth. After the test, the FIA confirmed its willingness to grant a Superlicence to Montagny, but also re-iterated that it wasn't quite prepared to grant one to Raikkonen just yet. "He's not far away, but we'd certainly like to see how he performs at the next test or two, and also in Junior series, before we say he's ready."

At the other end of the leaderboard, neither Laurent Redon nor Giorgio Vinella was able to hold a candle to Mark Webber in the leading Jaguar. "Webber really made our car work around the faster corners today," said their Team Principal later on, "and he really impressed us. Hopefully, Laurent will also be able to do so next time." However, rumours were rife after the session that either they or possibly Arrows might be in the market for a loan signing - perhaps Raikkonen in the hope that his Superlicence comes through, or even someone like Gene or Zonta who raced in F1 last year.

Code:
   Testing Times at Jerez
1  Michael Schumacher (Ferrari)              1:24.155
2  David Coulthard (Ferrari)                 1:24.376
3  Mika Hakkinen (McLaren-BMW)               1:24.595
4  Jenson Button (McLaren-BMW)               1:25.011
5  Kimi Raikkonen (Williams-Mercedes)        1:25.180
6  Franck Montagny (Ferrari)                 1:25.208
7  Giorgio Pantano (McLaren-BMW)             1:25.473
8  Johnny Herbert (Williams-Mercedes)        1:25.488
9  Max Wilson (Williams-Mercedes)            1:25.973
10 Takuma Sato (Jordan-Honda)                1:26.602
11 Tom Kristensen (Sauber-Petronas)          1:26.705
12 Rubens Barrichello (Jordan-Honda)         1:26.949
13 Mark Webber (Jaguar-Supertec)             1:27.050
14 Olivier Panis (Prost-Playstation)         1:27.167
15 Fernando Alonso (Benetton-Supertec)       1:27.262
16 Jos Verstappen (Sauber-Petronas)          1:27.455
17 Jean Alesi (Arrows-Zepter)                1:27.535
18 Allan McNish (Jordan-Honda)               1:27.582
19 Giancarlo Fisichella (Benetton-Supertec)  1:27.606
20 Pedro de la Rosa (Minardi-BMW)            1:27.750
21 Jarno Trulli (Prost-Playstation)          1:27.764
22 Jacques Villeneuve (BAR-Honda)            1:27.765
23 Bjorn Wirdheim (Sauber-Petronas)          1:27.984
24 Alexander Wurz (Benetton-Supertec)        1:28.157
25 Alex Zanardi (BAR-Honda)                  1:28.215
26 Marc Gene (Minardi-BMW)                   1:28.466
27 Felipe Massa (BAR-Honda)                  1:28.479
28 Nick Heidfeld (Arrows-Zepter)             1:28.689
29 Jason Watt (Arrows-Zepter)                1:28.943
30 Stephane Sarrazin (Minardi-BMW)           1:29.193
31 Laurent Redon (Jaguar-Supertec)           1:29.831
32 Giorgio Vinella (Jaguar-Supertec)         1:30.241
33 Gaston Mazzacane (Prost-Playstation)      1:30.277

A perfect start. I am particularly happy with Franck's performance. He did well for a back up driver but I doubt we will need him anyway. It was a close race but what is most important that both of our racers finished at the first two positions.

Not bad, but could've been better. Then again, we got a quite bad engine deal, so it won't be easy this season.

Last edited:
I would say we were not that bad but we could have performed better. We will need to up our efforts and we can be better. Looking to loan a player.

I am going to stay with the plan that I had and give Sarrazin one more chance as Bruno Junqueira will replace Marc Gene in the third Minardi car.

Marc Gene is up for loan at 200k for the first four races.

We gained some good and solid timings. Sato did particular well to get one over Barrichello. Yoong to replace McNish at Mugello testing. If we provide consistent timing like this test, we could be fielding in competitive midfield times, and possibly in content for at least a Top 5 or a Podium Finish.

Users who are viewing this thread