4. Sauber-Petronas.... Bjorn Wirdheim
5. Prost-Peugeot...... Ryan Briscoe
6. Benetton-Supertec.. Robert Doornbos
7. Williams-Mercedes.. Kimi Raikkonen [CONFIRMED]
8. Jaguar-Supertec.... Andre Couto
9. Jordan-Honda....... Alex Yoong
10. McLaren-BMW........
11. Scuderia Ferrari...

some interesting picks here, not too surprised to see Junky go second because he was a great driver who never got to F1 for some reason (money is usually the answer); I actually didn't realise that Bobby D was that old and he was pretty good, I'm not sure about some of the drivers though.

Code:
1. BAR-Honda.......... Felipe Massa
2. Minardi-BMW........ Bruno Junqueira
3. Arrows-Zepter...... Jason Watt
10. McLaren-BMW........Narain Karthikeyan
11. Scuderia Ferrari...
[DOUBLEPOST=1458984994][/DOUBLEPOST]@Samuels

May I pick out of the list?

Code:
11. Scuderia Ferrari...Sebastian Vettel

Code:
11. Scuderia Ferrari...Franck Montagny

some interesting picks here, not too surprised to see Junky go second because he was a great driver who never got to F1 for some reason (money is usually the answer); I actually didn't realise that Bobby D was that old and he was pretty good, I'm not sure about some of the drivers though.

Some of the drivers that have been picked are little bit questionable.

I opted for Doornbos clearly because of his age but I remember that he was Minardi driver in 2005 and then he became Red Bull testing driver in 2006.

Pre-Season Testing at Jerez

It's time for the first round of testing for this season's Formula One cars. You can enter up to three drivers for each Test (including the in-season test at the Nurburgring), but all of your drivers are eligible. Your decisions which drivers you send for Testing are very important because:

1. If a race driver has not tested in a car before the start of the season, then they are less likely to drive well until they have grown used to the car - and they would have to do that in races.
  2. If you find that your Test Driver out-performs one of your race drivers, then you may want to consider changing your race driver. At the very least, it should give you some idea of how your drivers will perform compared to one another.
  3. If you want to improve your Development Driver's chances of getting a superlicence (such as Williams with Raikkonen) then good testing performances will help their chances.
So, logically, you want to include all your drivers - but you can't! So please nominate which of your drivers you would like to send to the first test at Jerez.

- - - - - - - - - -

Driver Loans: How They Work

At any point in the season, one team can approach another to sign a driver on loan for as long or short a period of time as they choose. There are no restrictions for this. So for instance, Ferrari currently have three top-class drivers in their team: Schumacher and Coulthard, who are currently signed on to race for the team, and Eddie Irvine (last year's runner-up to Hakkinen) who is not. Their development driver Montagny also has a strong career record. So they could loan one or both of them out to any of the other teams on the grid for as long or short a period of time as they choose, and for any (or no) cost.

So for instance, they might lend him to Jaguar for the whole season to partner Mark Webber free of charge, or they might charge a million for ten races. It's entirely up to the discretion of the teams involved.

- - - - - - - - - -

Sponsorship

I still haven't finalised the mechanism for this, but I'm nearly there so watch this space. Generally sponsorship doesn't matter too much for testing anyway, which is why teams often run snazzy testing liveries.

@themusketeer @IceAgeComing @rishabh96 @Samuels @Sami Kumar @MrNginator @CerealKiller @HawkAussie @Rohith. @Mars_Mk1 @Jack Ryder

Mika Hakkinen, Jenson Button and Giorgio Pantano will be McLaren's driver at the pre-season tests.
EDIT : @The Author don't confirm this yet, i'm in talks with an another team over a loan.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread