PCPL International Unveiling Conference

ledzep

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The sign up thread.

Damn looks like i am gonna have to do my bidding when i get in from school.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
But didn't Rhys say we can protect two of our players? :confused: :eek:

Due to the practicalities of the whole International drafting system, we felt that it was an idea which we could have gone ahead with if world Cricket hadn't changed so much since PCPL1. As you'll see several players from last seaon aren't avaialble this season. Protecting two would have helped some teams unfairly and disadvanatged others.

To those who are angry/annoyed/want to kill me and the rest of the PCPL management, over the fact that once again you guys have to pay for the contracts of these international Cricketers, i'll say this once.

PCPL2 was never, ever a sure-fire happener. PCPL1 internationals were never intended to be signed for more than 1 season. We spent, and I don't lie about this, atleast 5 hours last evening going over the pro's and con's of a new international draft, and we felt that pretty much every team would find benifit from it.

Just a quick word about the draft, Toronto Tanks spent 300k (the minimum amount) and came 4th - above two teams who spent considerably more. Spending more money for better internationals helps, especially this season as we're allocating one more international per team, but it doesn't guarentee success.

Hopefully this has answered some questions, if not, please feel free to PM me.

Well surprised with the list of players. Amit Mishra there , he hasnt played a T20 match yet and no Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag or Zaheer Khan.

Khan is in, the others not. Sehwag and Gautam's agents made demands we couldn't agree to.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
PCPL2 was never, ever a sure-fire happener. PCPL1 internationals were never intended to be signed for more than 1 season. We spent, and I don't lie about this, atleast 5 hours last evening going over the pro's and con's of a new international draft, and we felt that pretty much every team would find benifit from it.

So how do you plan on working out the next season? Do we do these international drafts every season?

tassietiger

International Cricketer
So is the system that everyone pays vCash to you for these internationals, and then that money comes back to the teams in prize money? If so, genius idea. Teams can take the gamble and go all in, thinking they'll get it back, if they have the agates. I like it.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
So is the system that everyone pays vCash to you for these internationals, and then that money comes back to the teams in prize money? If so, genius idea. Teams can take the gamble and go all in, thinking they'll get it back, if they have the agates. I like it.
Only thing is, last year all the money didn't go into the prize money. :p I hope this time it would.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
So how do you plan on working out the next season? Do we do these international drafts every season?

Well PCPL3 may not even happen, so answering this would be difficult. If PCPL ran on for another season, then i'd imagine it'd be the same.

Yup, this is generally where we're going with it.

Only thing is, last year all the money didn't go into the prize money. :p I hope this time it would.

PCPL1 was a "trial," run as it where :) I needed to make a "cushion," so I could bet on PCPL2 happening.

This season we'll most likely have a bigger fund to give out AND likely 2nd and 3rd places being rewarded plus winners of tier 2. This isn't official, this is just a quick word, we will have to talk before confirming this.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I'd like to be able to sign players on long contracts...

May I suggest bringing this up on MSN in a few hours when we all get together. Guys, just so I know, has everyone got my MSN?

Zorax, I'm sure I don't have you, PM your msn.

Users who are viewing this thread