IPL Pepsi IPL UAE/INDIA 2014 Discussion {Play-Offs}

What had been the best of IPL 2014?

• Total voters
One person who I feel is not being given enough credit is Sanjay Bangar. He has been a very good coach and maybe should be given a chance by some state association.

Utthy had a very good domestic season in first class (Ranaji) and List-A (Vijay Hazare??) competitions and he could continue his good form in a TT competition as well. Overall a fantastic season where he dominated his respective team in respective formats. Someone's consistency in all three formats in a same season/year should be considerable to pick that player for national side. That what I expect from newly modified BCCI.

A decent ranji at best, only in vijay hazare he has done good, pujara is way more consistent he averages a 100 this ranji season , 67 in deodhar trophy, im not belittling uthappa, he has struck form alright, but he isnt the first priority to strengthen this indian team in odi's or tests ahead of pujara etc esp overseas tour taken in account.

Something for MI to chear about will be that Simmons ton:clap:clap after the way for being to the playoff being a narrow one.:rolleyes

Simmons has been excellent for MI since he has arrived. Brilliant batting by him to reach that century.

----------

Narine is such a beast. It looks impossible to hit him because likes of Dhoni and AB has also struggled against him.

Narine is such a beast. It looks impossible to hit him because likes of Dhoni and AB has also struggled against him.
ya from what i have seen of narine, left hand batsman with a good slog sweep are the only ones who have a chance of hitting a sixer even then not on a consistent basis.

Dhoni destroys Dale Steyn and ransacks 24 runs off that last over!:cheers:clap

Please some one tell Dhoni that all overs that he plays from now on will be the final over of the innings. That way, the switch inside Dhoni's brain gets flicked to "ON" and he knows that he can smash anything in the last over. The guy is a last over monster!

Excellent innings from Dussey. CSK need a Hussey always, and the Husseys always perform when it comes to Chennai. :lol:D

Warner is a delight to watch when he turns on beast mode

----------

I jinxed the poor guy :(

CSK most likely wont get into Top 2. And the way they have lost their way here in this IPL with their form, I feel they wont make it to the final again this time. Dhoni continues to be absolutely pathetic with his team selections. He goes to Hastings when we have Matt Henry on the sidelines. He picks a no-hoper Negi when we have an Aparajith who can fill the roles of Manhas and Negi in one. I want to call Dhoni a freakin' idiot, but let me be decent here.

This period in Dhoni's career reminds me of Ganguly in 2004-05 when he faded away with his captaincy and eventually lost his place in the side. As long as NSR and cronies are there, Dhoni can be safe of his place (and Dhoni's batting added to that has been pretty good in the shorter formats). But it wont be long before NSR is wiped out, and Dhoni faces trouble.

Shikadhawan striking some form .. bodes well for India

CSK has the worst bowling unit among all IPL teams..
Even Rajasthan Royals have got better bowlers than CSK..

How did they even think of buying Ashish Nehra and not using him at all ? :facepalm

CSK most likely wont get into Top 2. And the way they have lost their way here in this IPL with their form, I feel they wont make it to the final again this time. Dhoni continues to be absolutely pathetic with his team selections. He goes to Hastings when we have Matt Henry on the sidelines. He picks a no-hoper Negi when we have an Aparajith who can fill the roles of Manhas and Negi in one. I want to call Dhoni a freakin' idiot, but let me be decent here.

This period in Dhoni's career reminds me of Ganguly in 2004-05 when he faded away with his captaincy and eventually lost his place in the side. As long as NSR and cronies are there, Dhoni can be safe of his place (and Dhoni's batting added to that has been pretty good in the shorter formats). But it wont be long before NSR is wiped out, and Dhoni faces trouble.

I don't mind Aparajith for Manhas, it's logical, but claiming he can fill the roles of Manhas and Negi in one and going on to call Negi a no-hoper, who's a young player as well, pathetic, ridiculous and incredible... and all our bowlers have been equally bad at some point or other, I really don't know on what basis everyone's on the Aparajith and Henry bandwagon, both their records domestically is horrid in the shortest format compared to Negi and Hastings.

CSK has the worst bowling unit among all IPL teams..
Even Rajasthan Royals have got better bowlers than CSK..

How did they even think of buying Ashish Nehra and not using him at all ? :facepalm

We did use him, he got annihilated in our opener vs KXIP, probably a good thing you forgot that eh. :rolleyes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread