4. Scott Styris
5. Michael Hussey+
6. Andrew Flintoff
7. Jacob Oram
8. Graeme Swann
9. Shane Bond
10. Muttiah Muralitharan
11. Shaun Tait

Having 5 Kiwis and not having Chris Cairns is a crime!! Plus you need a better wicket-keeper!!

I always liked him. He seemed like a pleasant guy, had a smooth bowling action, was our best ODI bowler for so long. And he scored a 100 at Lords. Talk about timing, you gotta love a guy that come out of nowhere as says 'F you all, I'm getting my name on that honours board'.

He had a nack for taking wickets, was a good fielder, was a decent batsman, always did his best and had none of that attitude or ego issues that some of our players did.

Still, he averaged 48 with the ball! He was good, quite excellent actually, to his first 50 ODI wickets. Went downhill from there.

288 ODI wickets at 27.85 is a pretty good record regardless.

Shame he couldn't do that in Tests. He use to bowl some very good deliveries, but also gave one bad ball in an over, so he lost his effectiveness in Tests as the batsmen could just see out his good patches and score off his boundary ball every over.

I've solved the great dilemma. India send over Australia some spinners and the Aussies will send you some of their pacers. You can both send each other C grade players who will shine on the other side.

----------

288 ODI wickets at 27.85 is a pretty good record regardless.

Shame he couldn't do that in Tests. He use to bowl some very good deliveries, but also gave one bad ball in an over, so he lost his effectiveness in Tests as the batsmen could just see out his good patches and score off his boundary ball every over.

he is the guy with the big ears right?

Yep.

We don't have many star spinners ourselves at the moment. Plenty of amazing batsman though.

The thing is I don't really buy the fact that Australia have a limitless source of quicks anymore. They're getting smacked left right and center it seems, one after the other. That too on helpful decks, who knows what would happen if they played most of their matches in the SC.

Let's see what happens after this Saffer tour, if Ishant could not produce good spells on these wickets then he never will. He is holding up a much better bowlers spot, whoever that replacement is.

Lovely Idea :)

Marcus Trescothick
Justin Langer
Ricky Ponting
Sachin Tendulkar
Paul Collingwood (c)
AB de villiers
Geraint Jones (w/k)
sulieman benn (Just because I love the 'YES BENNY' from all the players)
Graeme Swann (His video diaries have me in tears)
Matthew Hoggard
Chris Martin (His batting brings a smile to everyone's face)

Trescothick
Sehwag
Ponting
Tendulkar
Lara
Kallis
Gilchrist
Swann
Steyn
Akhtar
McGrath

12th Man: Panesar

I've solved the great dilemma. India send over Australia some spinners and the Aussies will send you some of their pacers. You can both send each other C grade players who will shine on the other side.

----------

he is the guy with the big ears right?

Ajit_Agarkar_300.jpg

My fav players in Test XI

Mathew Hayden
Virender Sehwag
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Brian Lara
VVS Laxman
Nayan Mongia (wk)
Shane Warne
Anil Kumble
Shane Bond
Brett Lee

Last edited:
"Graceful Eleven"

Barry Richards
Majid Khan
Greg Chappell
Mark Waugh
David Gower
Carl Hooper
Bob Taylor (w)
Michael Holding
Dennis Lillee
Allan Donald
Bishen Bedi

graceful indeed.

Basically as long as you have been watching cricket. Pick a test XI of your favourite players that you have seen live (on Tv or at the ground) during the respective players playing careers. Mine would be:

Michael Slater
Matthew Hayden
Ricky Ponting
Brian Lara
Kevin Pietersen
Adam Gilchrist
Andrew Flintoff
Wasim Akram
Darren Gough
Curlty Ambrose
Allan Donald

Honourable mentions to: Shoaib Akhtar, Glenn McGrath, Warne, Saeed Anwar, Steve Waugh, Shane Bond.

Digging this thread to add a slightly new twist to. Pick a test XI of your favourite players in cricket history, based on what you have read, heard, seen clips of them. Mine would be:

Gordon Greenidge
Len Hutton
Viv Richards
Brian Lara
Gary Sobers
Ian Botham
Mike Procter
Alan Knott
Harold Larwood
Freddie Trueman
Curtly Ambrose

Tests -

Hayden
Langer
Kallis
SRT
Lara
K Sangakarra
Hussey
Wasim
Warne
Steyn
Walsh

ODIs-

Sehwag
SRT
Jayasurya
Kallis
AB De Villers
MS Dhoni
A Gilchrist
Klusner
Wasim
Steyn
Murali

Its pointless going by old clips, they ususally pick the best of that player anyway. Also you never get the context of the match. Like Cook's 95 without the context of the match is not that great, but in context that 95 goes up so many notches. These are the players i saw in Live matches.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread