ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Couldn't find another thread regarding this so decided to make one.

I'm currently on the final session of day 4 in a test match and the pitch looks exactly the same as it did at the start of day 1. Quick pitch wear was set to ''off'' but still you'd still expect to see some visible changes on day 4. Has anyone else noticed any deterioration to the pitch as your match progresses?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Couldn't find another thread regarding this so decided to make one.

I'm currently on the final session of day 4 in a test match and the pitch looks exactly the same as it did at the start of day 1. Quick pitch wear was set to ''off'' but still you'd still expect to see some visible changes on day 4. Has anyone else noticed any deterioration to the pitch as your match progresses?
Is the pitch set with cracks?? I think only then the cracks will be visible....

dippa

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Have you noticed any increase in deviation off the pitch or more variable bounce as the days wore on?

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Is the pitch set with cracks?? I think only then the cracks will be visible....
The pitch is set to ''pristine'' but once again you'd still expect to see footmarks after 4 days of play...

Have you noticed any increase in deviation off the pitch or more variable bounce as the days wore on?
For pace bowlers I have. There's no extra turn for the spinners though.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I've always felt this sometimes you see some foot marks sometimes nothing more often than not the pitch it exactly the same looks wise... even with quick pitch wear on nothing much changes from day 1 to day 5. Don't know if it doesn't work online as i mainly play online but i've also noticed it in career but i guess the reason for that is i simulate to player that could be the reason there. I wish there was more up and down or big spin depending on pitch conditions for days 4-5. Hopefully it could be looked at.

Last edited:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
The pitch is set to ''pristine'' but once again you'd still expect to see footmarks after 4 days of play...

For pace bowlers I have. There's no extra turn for the spinners though.
Yeah I expected footmarks but its not there in the game maybe its for the next iteration....

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
Yeah I expected footmarks but its not there in the game maybe its for the next iteration....

I think ive seen foot marks but its a rare occasion.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I think ive seen foot marks but its a rare occasion.
There are foot marks but I am talking about them showing some effect when bowling like the way the ball seams around when hit on a crack...

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Even AC13 had a ''Live Pitch'' feature. :p

Seriously though, could one of the BigAnt guys confirm if there is pitch deterioration in the game?

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
I seemrd to notice that cracks were appearing towards the end of a first day of a test but then the pitch 'reset' the next day.

Vans

Club Captain
I had one he'll of a game where I played England in a Test match in career with South Africa.

First innings South Africa batted (me) and we got a decent score of 400+ then England came in and scored over 600 runs in their innings.

Then on the end of day 3 going into day 4 we came in to bat and I notices the obvious cracks and some movement from seam bowlers. We didn't score to many runs as batting was difficult with this pitch filled with cracks.

We set them just over 250 runs to win and I thought shit this is going to be tough to get a result (draw) or win defending that total.

I'm captain of the South African test team so I made sure I opened the bowling with Steyn and then.............

I ripped through that top order and there was no stopping me! My balls was swinging everywhere. Got 3 edges I think and I took like 8 or 9 wicket and we defended that total.

So yes the pitch does change dramatically if u make it to day 4 or 5 of a test match.

It was a great experience to see that......

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
Seems a little hit or miss tbh... maybe as i very rarely play through a test in one sitting save & exit may not save the pitch wear... but i've defo seen it here or there..

Users who are viewing this thread