Planet Cricket Awards 2023 - The Final Results (Forum Awards)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
pcawards intro2.png

Lady and gentlemans welcome to the 2023 Planet Cricket Awards.

My name is Say Jhah, with my good friend Rambo Raja. We have hacked this account in order to present awards voted by the members of this forum.

Throughout today (and maybe tomorrow and the day after tomorrow), we shall bring you the winners and losers in exhausting detail.

The ceremony will begin with the awards for miscellaneous cricketing reasons.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
View attachment 290018

My name is Say Jhah, with my good friend Rambo Raja. We have hacked this account in order to present awards voted by the members of this forum.

Throughout today (and maybe tomorrow and the day after tomorrow), we shall bring you the winners and losers in exhausting detail.

DC getting ready to sue PlanetCricket Awards.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Miscellaneous Cricket Awards
Rambo Raja:

Let's get the day started on a positive note with the award for 'Worst Cricket Moment' of the year:

1706702767176.jpeg

There was a clear winner, taking a third of the votes, but let's talk bout the runners up.

In 3rd place was the 'ICC's response to Usman Khawaja' with 14% of the vote.

2nd place went to 'The overreaction to Alex Carey's dismissal of Jonny Bairstow' with 16% of the vote.

Taking home the trophy for Worst Cricket Moment was 'India losing the World Cup final' with 33% of the vote.

Unfortunately, nobody from India turned up today to collect the award.

Just like the final.

1706702341095.jpeg

1706702223480.png

Say Jhah: To present the award for 'Best Commentator' is last year's winner, who didn't get nominated this year, Mr Ravi Shastri.

368190.jpg

Ravi Shastri: Buckle up folks because this is the big one! Whether you're a die hard fan or just a casual observer of the beautiful game, it is we commentators that lead you through the highs and lows of the experience. The results for this award were more exciting than a Bollywood blockbuster.

In third place it was the former England cricketer and a lady, Isa Guha with 10%.

Second place went to the man best known for coaching Delhi Capitals, with 34%: Ricky Ponting

I won't keep in you in suspense any longer and we shall who emerged victorious as the King of Commentary, the Dauphin of Discourse, the Titan of the Tongue.

With 40% of the vote it is the giant of West Indian cricket, the man who commentates across the globe, who along with Simon Doull contributes to more global climate change than 97% of the world's population.

1706705798907.png

Rambo Raja: The next award is 'Spirit of Cricket Award' which acknowledges those moments we see in cricket that blind us to the fact that world isn't going to shite, it restores our faith in humanity, fairness, and good will to all men. In an astonishing result, produced a three-way tie for first place.

It was not graciousness of the Australian team in victory that won the day, it was not Pakistan attending the World Cup.

Instead, all collecting and equal share of vote, with 22% each:

Usman Khawaja, Kane Williamson's sportsmanship in the World Cup and England giving Australia a 2-0 head start in the Ashes.

As per the rules of the Planet Cricket Awards 2023, in the event of a tie-break, the deciding vote will be given the to host of the award ceremony, my dear friend, Mr Say Jhah.

Say Jhah:

1706704395700.png

Mr Jay Shah for organising the best World Cup ever.

1706704495016.jpeg
1706704557049.png

Say Jhah: Well that was unexpected but I'd like to thank everyone who voted. According to me, everyone who was nominated was very deserving of the award, but there can only be one winner.

Now I shall move on to the next award in this category: 'Best Cricket Moment' of the year.

There were many, many nominations in this category. Too many to list.

There was another tie, but only for second place, so there will be no need for me to cast the deciding vote here. With 12% of the vote were Mohammad Shami's bowling in the World Cup and Australia silencing the Ahmedabad crowd to win the World Cup. Frankly, the 12% of people who voted for the latter need to take a good hard look at themselves and ask if the truly enjoy 1.2 billion people being silenced.

However, the winner romped to victory with an enormous 54% of the votes. For an innings that will live long in the memory of all those who saw it:

1706704958441.png

Now we shall take a break, reconsider our life choices and whether or not the awards should be scaled back to just posting a table of winners.

Please enjoy a word from one of our sponsors.

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
View attachment 290018

After looking at the banner, I am already boycotting the pimple popper. Where is my avatar with the prestigious Rambo?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Team Awards

Say Jhah:

1706712702921.png

And we're back to cover the Team Awards for 2023.

There's been many great team performances this year. India's 10-match undefeated run in the World Cup, India beating Australia in the Border-Gavaskar Trophy and India winning the Asia Cup.

1706712733641.png

The first award is for 'Best Associate Side' This was extremely one-sided with a clear winner.

Picking up just 4% of the votes was the Uganda men's team who qualified for their first T20 World Cup meant they finished in third place.

In second were the Thailand women's team who continue to punch above their weight in the women's game with 8% of the vote.

However, with a massive 88% of the vote after a hugely successful year:

1706713221342.png

Rambo Raja:

Next up is the hotly contested awards for 'Best Men's T20I Side' and 'Best Women's T20I Side'. There were eight teams nominated in the men's category and none of them were the current World Champions: England. For the women's award there were just two nominees. To present the award is England legend Kevin Pietersen.

19hd1ile09il9gif.gif

Kevin Pietersen: Shots. T20 is all about shots. Who can forget the shots. Shots like the switch-hit against Murali, shots like a reverse sweeps against Warne, Shane Warne. These are the best shots. We should celebrate these shots.

1706714485259.gif

Settle down, folks! I know, I know, you're all dying to see who snagged these prestigious awards today. For the men's awards, tied in second place on 12% were West Indies and Pakistan. But taking home the prize with a whopping 52% of the vote:

1706715416761.png

In the women's category two sides had a shot at the award: Australia, the winners of the T20 World Cup and England. The final vote gave us an undisputed champion. With 73% of the vote...

1706715459396.png

Rambo Raja:

What thoroughly deserving winners. I look forward to seeing how many awards that Pakistan can pick up in the other categories.

1706716588912.jpeg

1706716539627.png

Now for everyone's third favourite format and the award for the Best Men's Test Side. To present the award, all the way from the Crictoverse it's Blaze and Tonk!

1706716843475.png

Blaze: Tonk, Test Cricket is dying.

Tonk: Really, Blaze?

Blaze: Yes, really.

Tonk: What a pity.

Blaze: But don't worry, Tonk, I know how we can save it!

Tonk: How?

Blaze: The Crictoverse, is a cricket-themed blockchain platform, which has launched its own line of NFTs featuring iconic players and legendary moments. These digital collectibles offer fans a unique way to own a piece of cricketing history and potentially benefit from the rising popularity of NFTs. With money raised from the blockchain this could be channeled back into test cricket.

Tonk: Wow! That sounds incredible.

Blaze: It really does, Tonk. However, as with any investment, it's crucial to do your own research and understand the risks involved before purchasing any NFTs.

Tonk: It really is.

Blaze: But you too could own an iconic moment such as this Andrew Caddick NTF.

1706717366895.png

Tonk: Andrew Caddick! Wow, he's my favourite.

Blaze: Mine too, Tonk, Mine too.

1706716964189.jpeg

Tonk: Well, without further ado. We are very pleased to announce the winner of the award.

In third place, with 12% were Ashes winners England. Second place was for Border-Gavaskar Trophy winners India with 22%. Yet, with 67%, the winners were a team who won one-match at The Oval and a couple against Pakistan.

1706717702640.png

Say Jhah: Congratulations to Australia, who knows maybe that will be the last chance for a team to win such an award. Did you know I'm running for Chairmanship of the ICC, Rambo?

Rambo: Well, I too am going up the world.

Say Jhah: Oh really?

Rambo: Yes, I have 1.7million followers on my YouTube channel; Ramiz Speaks.

Say Jhah: Oh... Well done, I guess.

Rambo: Do you need a VPN? Because I heartily recommend Nord VPN.

Say Jhah: Anyway... on to the next awards for today. The Best Men's ODI side and the Best Women's ODI side. England and Bangladesh both tied for second place in the women's vote both receiving 10%, but it was once again dominated by one team with an enormous 80%:

1706718489924.png

The men's vote was a battle between two champion teams, the finalists of the 2023 World Cup: Asia Cup Winners India and Australia. With one side receiving 45% of the vote, the winner narrowly scraped home. This was truly a fiercely contested two-horse race.

1706718717855.png

Rambo Raja: Quite a two-horse race, Say.

Say Jhah: Indeed.

Rambo Raja: At least India's horse didn't fall at the final fence, like the final.

1706718803513.jpeg
1706718767928.png
1706718970513.png

Say Jhah:

Now for the most important award in the calendar for teams from around the world: Best International Side. Unsurprisingly, when all the votes were counted it came down to three of the teams that have already picked up awards. Placing in third place was the Australia women's side. But once again the final two were India men and Australia men. Second place picked up 39% of the vote but the winners managed to take home 49%. Clearly they impressed the members of Planet Cricket, almost as much as me.

1706719450724.png

Rambo Raja: What a thoroughly deserving victory for Australia. The Champion team of 2023.

Say Jhah: We shall take a further break now, but please enjoy this musical interlude from our very special guest: Brett Lee!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I am sick and tired of that song as that is on loop on since the long ass break that Rambo and Say Jhah are having. I am so sick that I had to admit myself twice in the emergency room for pregnancy tests puncture of ear lobes. When is this never ending break ending?

Users who are viewing this thread