Planet Cricket Awards 2023 - The Final Results (Forum Awards)

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Listening to Binga singing "tumhara hi rahoonga" in a deep voice and staring at all the Say Jhah portraits in the room I'm feeling something unexpected awaken deep inside. Please get this over with

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Individual Cricket Awards Part 1

Say Jhah:

1706798383374.png

Welcome back everyone, I hope you enjoyed the musical performance, but now we move onto the individual awards.

Rambo Raja:

First up, we have the award for 'Umpire of the Year'. It was a tie for third place with Michael Gough and Richard Illingworth both taking 10% of the votes. There was a big gap between the final two, with second place claiming 18% and first, over half the votes, at 55%.

1706797547174.png

Rambo Raja: Congratulations, Joel

Say Jhah: Hold on, Rambo. We're getting a request from the third umpire here.

Rambo Raja: Oh my, it looks like.... yes, we spoke too soon.

1706797639261.png

Say Jhah: That means...

1706797765838.png

Rambo Raja: Well, you can never speak too soon, even here at the Planet Cricket 2023 Awards.

Say Jhah: The next award is too acknowledge those players who have worked hard, or just not been as bad as last year. The award for 'Most Improved Cricketer' There were ten nominees but only two managed to attain more the 10% of the vote. In third place was the Australian Jake Fraser McGurk. Out in front, in a vote that saw them separated by just two votes were Rachin Ravindra and Mohammad Siraj. Picking up 30% of the vote:

1706798050949.png

Rambo Raja: Congratulations to Siraj. That's one more trophy for India...

Say Jhah: Don't you dare.

Rambo Raja: What?

Say Jhah: You know...

1706798175287.png

Say Jhah: The next award is to remind us that there are actually cricketers who play outside of the big 3.

Rambo Raja: That's right, it's the award for 'Associate Player of the Year'.

Say Jhah: In third place for was Roelof van der Merwe on 16%. In second place with 24% of the vote Bas de Leede.

Rambo Raja: But it was a huge margin of victory that. On 47%,

1706798943090.png

Say Jhah: A clean sweep for the Netherlands.

Say Jhah: Next up, the award for 'T20 League Player of the Year'. To present the award is a man who knows a thing or two about scoring quickly: Sunil Gavaskar

1706799185515.jpeg

1706798541631.png

Sunil Gavaskar: We are here to celebrate the sheer cricketing brilliance displayed in T20 cricket around the world. Speaking of brilliance, I won't bore you with tales of my 34 Test centuries, but let's just say I was aware how to dominate the bowling attack without the need to hit DLF Maximums. However, that doesn't stop me from appreciating the strokeplay and audacity of some of these young bucks today, even if they haven't quite mastered the Gavaskar forward defence.

Second place was a four-way tie between Suryakumar Yadav, Rashid Khan, Imad Wasim and Shubman Gill. But with double their votes, on a very impressive 24%, a player who struck fear into the heart of the bowlers around the world,

1706799785277.png

Rambo Raja: Now we move on to the awards that acknowledge the new kids on the block, Men's and Women's Emerging Cricketers of the Year.

Say Jhah: Shubman Gill, who made his international debut in 2019, emerged this year in third place. Coming in second place was the South Africa pace bowler Gerald Coetzee with 24%. Taking home the prize, with 39% of the vote, a player who arrived in a big style at this World Cup 2023 brought to your by Mr Jay Shah.

1706800421415.png

Rambo Raja: In the women's vote there were just four nominees. Third place went to Kelis Ndhlovu with 19%. In second place was Saika Ishaque on 27%. But first place with 42% of the vote:

1706800505279.png

Say Jhah:

The last awards for this part of the show are for the international 'T20 Cricketers of the Year'. There were three nominees in the women's category. In third place was Chamari Athapaththu with 10% which left a battle between Hayley Matthews and Sophie Ecclestone. With 57% of the votes:
1706854529957.png

Rambo Raja: For the men there were six nominees. Three players led the way, collecting the bulk of the votes. Third place went to the T20 League Cricketer of the Year, Heinrich Klaasen with 20%. Second place went to Sikandar Raza on 29% but, five votes clear, with 39% of the vote:

1706854872379.png

Say Jhah: This concludes Part 1 of the individual awards. Rambo and I will take a much needed break to recuperate.

Rambo Raja: But please do enjoy these important words from our sponsors.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Taptan made it to big leagues!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Individual Awards Part 2

Say Jhah:

1707072404179.jpeg

We have returned from our Chocko Pan Masala feast. Believe it or not we still have 76 awards to give out.

Rambo Raja:

1707072320599.png

Say Jhah: Next up is the award for Best Captain of the Year. To present the award: Captain America

1707074580762.png

Captain America: Captain America, reporting for duty! That's right, even a super soldier enjoys a good game of cricketering. It's a sport filled with strategy and sportsmanship; two things that must be embodied by all captains. Remember, it's not just about winning or losing; it's about playing fair and always giving 100%.

In third place with 12% of the vote was Scott Edwards. Second place went to Rohit Sharma with 23% of the vote. He must be very familiar with second place by now.

1707072968031.png
1707072989059.png

Yet, with a heroic 58%, of the vote:

1707073163625.png

Rambo Raja:

Thank you, Mr Captain. Next up is ODI Players of the Year. Third place, for the men, went to Glenn Maxwell with 18%. Second was the destroyer of batting line ups throughout the World Cup, with 31%, Mohammad Shami.

Say Jhah:

Beating out the competition, on 39%

1707074108554.png

Say Jhah: Unfortunately Virat could not be here today, but he was able to send us a video message.

Say Jhah: There were just four players involved for the women's vote. In third place, on 16%, was Ashleigh Gardner. Second place, on 27% went to New Zealand's Amelia Kerr. In the end, taking over half the vote (51%)
1707074439701.png

Say Jhah: Now we return to the format everyone pretends to like this most: Test Cricket, with the award for Men's and Women's Test Cricketers of the Year.

Rambo Raja: Apparently there were three women's test matches this year, but we still managed to find four nominees. Third in the vote was Ashleigh Gardner on 22%, second was Deepti Sharma on 35%. But, by one single vote, thankfully meaning we won't end awarding it to Miss Say Jhah,

1707075422165.png

Rambo Raja: There were more nominations for the men's trophy but it was still a close result. Taking third place was Travis Head with 22% of the vote. And with 29% was Usman Khawaja in second place, and in first place with 29% was Pat Cummins. Wait. That means we have a tie. Ah.. we need to refer to a tie break...

Say Jhah: As per the rules, any tie shall be broken by, yours truly, Mr Say Jhah. Usman and Pat have both had brilliant seasons, but, if I had to choose, according to me:

1707076472457.png

1707076616014.jpeg
1707076879385.png

Rambo Raja: Well this leaves the two big awards of the ceremony. Women's Cricketer of the Year and Men's Cricketer of the Year. Hopefully we have no ties.

Miss Say Jhah: I'm delighted to announce that the third place for Women's Cricketer of the Year went to Chamari Athapaththu with 14% of the vote. In second place was Hayley Matthews on 29% of the vote. But in another narrow victory, by just a single vote,

1707077137511.png

Rambo Raja: In a great year for men's cricket, the competition was tight for the Men's Cricketer of the Year. With many stand out performers such as KL Rahul (getting 1 vote probably from a true verified enigma), Mitchell Starc, Mohammad Shami and Mitchell Marsh all getting 2 votes. Still, the battle at the top was extremely close. In third place was World Test Championship winner Pat Cummins on 22%, second place went to World Cup winner Travis Head with 29%. However, edging him out was --

Say Jhah: Hold on, Rambo.

Rambo: What?

Say Jhah: What's that?

Rambo: I'm not sure, Say. But it looks like it could be some kind of inter-dimensional portal.

1707078729868.png

Say Jhah: An inter-wha..

Rambo Raja: An inter-dimensional portal. Wait... there's somebody coming through.

1707079065465.png

A voice: SAY JHAH! We have come from the Forbidden Zone.
1707079152704.png
Rambo: The Forbidden Zone?

A second voice: Yes, The Forbidden Zone.

Rambo: Identify yourself gentlemens.

The first voice: I am Captain Dada of the Interdimensional Surveillance League.

The second voice: I am Inspector Jah Shay, also of the Interdimensional Surveillance League.
1707079319097.png

Captain Dada: We have adventured through time and space to capture this imposter.

Rambo Raja: Imposter?

Inspector Jah Shay: Say Jhah. A no-good crook who escaped the maximum security temporal prison system to wreak havoc on the multi-verse.

Captain Dada: He also stole the scared Hairpiece of Tantoon.

Rambo Raja: What?! Say, tell me this isn't true?

1707079517545.png

Captain Dada: Give it up, Say. It's time for us to take you back to the Forbidden Zone where you belong.

Inspector Jah Shay: And handover the Hairpiece.

Say Jhah: No, not that. Anything but that!

Captain Dada: It's too late, Say. We've already told the Council of Elders that you will be apprehended and the Hairpiece of Tantoon will be safely secured in the sacred vault.

Rambo Raja: Well, that escalated quickly.

Inspector Jah Shay: It is time for us to go now.

Say Jhah: Farewell, Rambo my dear friend.

1707080805982.png

Rambo Raja: You're no friend of mine, Say Jhah. Now get back to your Forbbiden Zone, I've an awards ceremony to finish.

1707081496414.png

Rambo Raja: Well, that leaves it to me to announce, that with 29% of the vote, the Men's Cricketer of the Year is:

1707078260398.png

Rambo Raja: Unfortunately, the winner could not be here today, but did send us a message.

Rambo: Thank you to all who voted, congratulations to all of the winners of the awards. We look forward to never doing this again.

Goodbye forever.

1707080425743.png

Tomorrow the user awards (at last).

Users who are viewing this thread