Planet Cricket Awards 2023 - The Final Results (Forum Awards)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Forum Awards Part 2
Best Comeback Member

A great way to get nominated for this award seems to be get banned or deleted. However, it was a split decision between two others for this award. @Dutch and @Aravind. Congratulations to you both on your successful returns!

Vote %
Dutch
22%​
Aravind
22%​
VC the Slogger
20%​
Bigby Wolf
16%​
Viper.
16%​
Icyman
4%​

Rookie of the Year

Replacing the award where we all had to guess who was a certain age, The Rookie of the Year had a highly competitive number of newer contributors to the site. In the end it was @pillowprocter who came through as the winner.

Vote %
pillowprocter
43%​
Welwyn
27%​
Paranoid Kendroid
14%​
HighFlyingDwarf
11%​
isFEISARfair
5%​

Veteran Member

For those who just can't quit this place, it was an even more hotly contested category full of long term members. Despite many familiar names and great members being up for nomination and
congratulations to the winner @Bevab !

Vote %
Bevab
26%​
CerealKiller
13%​
Aislabie
11%​
Na Maloom Afraad
11%​
Till Valhalla
9%​
SaiSrini
9%​
VC the Slogger
9%​
ahmedleo414
4%​
Verified Enigma
4%​
Cremercurrans
4%​
Icyman
2%​

PC Ambassador of the Year

An award that recognises the wider contribution made by a member of the forum. Another award this year goes to @RUDI

Vote %
Rudi
30%​
Na Maloom Afraad
26%​
Nilay Shah
23%​
CerealKiller
14%​
VC the Slogger
7%​

Best Presenter in the league section

Great respect goes to all who continue to keep everyone entertained in the league section. It seemed clear that this award could only go to one person after the result of Best League. However, due to certain irregularities pointed out in the aftermath of Part 1, I have decided to exercise Say Jhah like judgment and give this award to the highly deserving @World Cricket Conference.

Vote %
Na Maloom Afraad World Cricket Conference
52%​
Paranoid Kendroid
18%​
Pinch Hitter
18%​
Cremercurrans
11%​

The under-appreciated member

An award that goes to someone who contributes greatly to site but often goes unseen or has better things to do and makes the most of their time on the site. It very close contest for the top spot this time but it was another award that went to @Paranoid Kendroid

Vote %
Paranoid Kendroid
15%​
Rudi
13%​
CremerCurrans
13%​
ahmedleo414
11%​
asprin
11%​
wealey
9%​
Verified Enigma
7%​
mohsin7827
7%​
ShamiLoverGlipGlops
4%​
Na Maloom Afraad
4%​
Ed Smith
4%​
Umair7
2%​
AP Haux
0%​

Most Improved Member

This award recognises how we can all be better posters, people or something semi-profound like that. Congratulations again to @pillowprocter. Winning both best newcomer and most improved (the Tom Hartley double) is quite an achievement.

Vote %
pillowprocter
24%​
Aravind
17%​
Na Maloom Afraad
17%​
CerealKiller
15%​
Disharies
10%​
Andrin Isaac
10%​
ahmedleo414
7%​

Most Helpful Member

It's another deserved award going to @RUDI

Vote %
RUDI
41%​
Na Maloom Afraad
25%​
Pinch Hitter
16%​
Neptune
9%​
MrDependable
5%​
pillowprocter
2%​
Manish
2%​
Scoodledoodle
0%​

Best Cricket Discussion Poster

The cricket discussion forums are always buzzing (at least when India plays or the IPL is on). Yet there's always a great level of debate and discussion about cricket that's happening around the world with many great contributions from many members. But this is an award for best and there can only be one best. A very well deserved win for Best Cricket Discussion Poster goes to @Bevab

Vote %
Bevab
45%​
Aislabie
27%​
BigbyWolf
20%​
Icyman
7%​

Best Avatar

17bb686ca97ae1939f957079ccc348f4668916dd.gif

Vote %
wasteyouryouth
39%​
CerealKiller
18%​
pillowprocter
11%​
Ed Smith
11%​
neo7
11%​
VC the Slogger
9%​

Funniest Member

A comprehensive victory here to the man who never laughs and only likes, but always keeps us smiling. Funniest member of the year with a massive 43% of the vote goes to @Till Valhalla Congratulations! Very well deserved.

Vote %
Till Valhalla
43%​
shamiloverglipglops
13%​
Verified Enigma
11%​
Na Maloom Afraad
11%​
Paranoid Kendroid
9%​
Icyman
9%​
AP Haux
4%​

Best Post Contributor

The biggie I guess? The award that recognises that person who has exhilarated our lives on the site across the board.

Following in the footsteps of previous winners such as 2022's champion @wasteyouryouth , 2021's victor @wasteyouryouth and let's not forget 2020's winnner @wasteyouryouth

Commiserations to all who were nominated but there was a clear winner.
Vote %
Bevab
30%​
pillowprocter
19%​
Aislabie
15%​
CerealKiller
15%​
ahmedleo414
13%​
Viper.
4%​
Paranoid Kendroid
4%​

Congratulations to all those who were nominated. You are all winners (but not really) and special congratulations to the winners (you are the real winners).

I guess when I've taken my cut, I shall send you all a vCash gift.

Biggest thanks to those who nominated and voted with you there would be no awards.

That really is it. There are no awards left to give out.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So by my maths, 6 x 5 = 30M vCash reward, right @asprin? :spy
Yes, please arrange to have the vCash transferred to any of the Admins and reply here once done.
Post automatically merged:

Not allowing @wasteyouryouth to contest has opened up opportunities for others though. Welcome move.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
A comprehensive victory here to the man who never laughs and only likes, but always keeps us smiling. Funniest member of the year with a massive 43% of the vote goes to @Till Valhalla Congratulations! Very well deserved.
What! Definite proof of vote fraud.

Spent time to find this gif and can't even use it not fair.
tenor.gif

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys
Best Cricket Discussion Poster

The cricket discussion forums are always buzzing (at least when India plays or the IPL is on). Yet there's always a great level of debate and discussion about cricket that's happening around the world with many great contributions from many members. But this is an award for best and there can only be one best. A very well deserved win for Best Cricket Discussion Poster goes to @Bevab

Vote %
Bevab
45%​
Aislabie
27%​
BigbyWolf
20%​
Icyman
7%​
images

When I see my name in that list! Lol.

If this was 2016-19 I would have been happy to see myself there but these days I post nothing but random Twitter posts and once in a bluemoon decent post.

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
images

When I see my name in that list! Lol.

If this 2016-19 I would have been happy to see myself there but these days I post nothing but random Twitter posts and once in a bluemoon decent post.
Maybe you underestimate yourself. Not a bad achievement for someone who only joined 2 months ago.

Bevab

Staff Member
Big thanks to everyone who voted for me, didn’t expect to win so much honestly. :)

Congratulations to every other winner and nominee, here’s to another great year on these forums for all of us. :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread