PlanetCricket Ashes Cricket 2009 Q&A

Not all of them. Most will be answered just by waiting for the next batch of screenshots and videos to come out. We also are working on the possibility of another PC Codemasters open day like BLIC07 had, so we should have a chance to play the game again, which would help answer a lot of the queries.

Questions along the line of Tom's are likely to be asked, questions on specific features are likely not to be unless they are related to a major possible omission.

We have to balance up the stuff we need to know before you go out and buy the game and the amount of time we have, they spent quite a long time on that initial Q&A, so with hundreds of questions asked about the game, they can't possibly answer them all, and if they did, you'd still have questions.

do you know when these next batch of screens and videos are due to come out? coz they need to get as many people 100% sure they want the game quickly.

Im sure about 75% are going to get the game anyway... but yes i would def like to see video footage...

Also does anyone have any idea of the depth of options you will have when creating a player?

Do you think that the Ai will still open the bowling with spinners, because this was woeful. :mad:

I am really waiting for the demo. when i bought BLIC2005 i played demo. liked it & bought the game. but,for BLIC 2007 i didn't do that .it really disappointed me .This time:noway i will buy without demo being tested

yes
first need to play demo if demo impress us then we should buy the game
other wise why we waste money on that.

Last edited:
It's a Cricket game, of course I'll buy it. Which console I don't know. Curious whether there are any diffrentiations between them. I'll probably buy PC for patchability.

Well, and it may need the codies team to confirm this, but the PS3 is very patchable, I don't know of many games I've got which aren't patched. Depends what kind of post-development support they'd provide, I'd be surprised if they didn't patch the PS3/console versions (barring Handheld)

i dont care as long as it has online multiplayer its a absolute buy :clap

^Since they have not based their game on blic07 code I dont think Spinners will open the bowling any more but we may see that happen in T-20 matches. Yousaf pathan does it all the time for Rajasthan royals.

Brilliant work,
nice interview..
It is early stages atm in terms of what they are telling us, but i am confident that this next addition to the cricket games archives will be a step in the right direction.

I don't think ashes09 will have a "Be A Pro" type game mode, but I would like them to look into it for future titles.

Well, and it may need the codies team to confirm this, but the PS3 is very patchable, I don't know of many games I've got which aren't patched. Depends what kind of post-development support they'd provide, I'd be surprised if they didn't patch the PS3/console versions (barring Handheld)
Hopefully we can get some patches going on PS3 because my PC struggled with RPIC 07 so I doubt it will do too well on this one.

Are you talking about the patches the developers provide or the patches that people like we make?

Users who are viewing this thread