PlanetCricket from WCL 4 - WC 6th Match

Well I think people have got to have a last name of more than one letter since Meet seems to have just vanished from the database so I need a proper last name. Make it up for all I care. I just need a last name.

Well I'm simming through the seasons and matches and only Bangladesh and Ireland have given me any real challenges (Netherlands have been given Test status at the expense of Bangladesh). All the other games have been easy victories.

Against Bangladesh, we won by 113 runs, making 328/4 to their 215

Against Ireland, we won by 66 runs, making 288/5 to their 222.

So how is it going to work, are you going to start again and post the matches, are is this the actual save and have you just got screenshots of all the scorecards?

no. I was bored and I wanted to know how we fared in the higher divisions. I haven't even got all the players signed up yet and you can't edit players/make players once you have started the game.

It will be like WWIII in that it's pretty interactive. Riz is the captain as I said earlier for those not listening. I'll give out the pitch and weather details and then the captain (or vice captain if the captain isn't on) will post the lineup and then I'll put the lineup in and start the match. If we win the toss, then I'll ask the captain to choose whether they want to bat or bowl first. Since the first 4 seasons (20 matches) will be One Day, I will probably just do the aggressiveness myself for batting and bowling although I'll allow people to do their aggressiveness once in test/first class matches. I'll probably give it in updates of 5 over's, whether it is the scorecard or just a quick scoreboard, while also posting when a wicket falls, like Sartaj does in WWIII. So while batting, there won't be much to do for the captain until first class matches where he can post the aggressiveness of the batsman that aren't on. While bowling, for OD matches, I'll post it in updates of 5 over's while probably 10 over's for FC matches. The captain will post their bowlers (opening 2 bowlers will be put in the starting XI lineups) and I'll play the match and do it as Sartaj does it. So really, it will be a lot like WWIII. I might as well give the option to all. I have set everyones nationality to Bahrainian (WCL 6 team) so if any of the options other than 1 is chosen, I will have to change it.

1) Start in WCL 6. Everyone will have inflated averages after 3-4 seasons and work your way up to WCL 1 and finally reach test status.

2) Start in WCL 4. This takes off 2 seasons to start off with and it will be still very easy to promote. This is probably the better option as people have the chance to warmup in WCL 4 and WCL 3 before they get into WCL 2. Will probably start off as Fiji or Singapore. Only downside is that I have to edit everyones nationalities.

3) Start in WCL 2. This will make it pretty hard right from the start but it means only a minimum of 4 seasons to be granted test status. (Since we are a WCL 2 side, the team will be placed into the Intercontinental Shield meaning at least 1 season in there and then another 3 seasons (18 months) at least to win the Interncontinental Cup. If this is the option, Oman is the most obvious nation to take out of the picture (replace them). Downside again is that I have to edit everyones nationalities.

hedger_14 added 1 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

I've not bothered about putting WCL 1 in there as we would be taking out too good an opposition to be there. It would be either Ireland, Scotland, Kenya, Afghanistan, Canada or Netherlands that we would have to replace.

I say we start at WCL 4, and move our way upwards that way we dont have to climb to far and still have great averages :D

The averages you've let us have are akin to around Bangladesh level aren't they? So we'll be wasting most teams for quite a while :)

Ok. No point in leaving the poll open any longer. Looks like we'll be starting from WCL 4 and I'll use Fiji as our nationality.

I think maybe we start in WCL-6, but you play the matches by yourself to WCL-4 so that we have experience and some statistics. Can you put me in a domestic team as well? :) So in the offseasons we play matches too?

I felt that way but I wouldn't have been bothered to change the lineups for each match. And players sign for Domestic teams anyway. 4 of the PC players were even playing in the IPL as overseas players.

But it'd be nice to choose the domestic team. I suppose it wouldn't really matter if you weren't simulating those domestic competitions though

Users who are viewing this thread