PlanetCricket.net take over (FM2008)

Which club should PlanetCricket.net take over?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
This story will be using Football Manager 2008 for PC and relevant corrections and updates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

PlanetCricket.net are chosen to take over a football league club

The Football Association, the governing body of football in England, has selected the community of the PlanetCricket.net website to take over a league club with the ambition of guiding it into one of the best and most well known teams in the world.

Many clubs entered the Supporters Takeover scheme, which looked carefully for a group of football supporters to become shareholders in a league team. Brian Barwick, the chief executive of The FA, announced the results of a meeting of the selection committee today, saying that PlanetCricket.net were 'one of many' to apply for the scheme but were 'the group with the biggest potential to maintain the health of football in England'.

"PlanetCricket.net laid out very clear plans as to their ambitions for their club if they were selected. All of the selection committee were very impressed with their presentation and in the end they all voted unamamously for them." he explained.

PlanetCricket.net launched in its current form in 2001, as a forum for the discussion of cricket, but have expanded to other topics in recent years, including football.

It will be left to the members of the website to choose which club they take over, with a free reign over any team in the Barclays Premeir League or Coca-Cola Football League.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A message to the PlanetCricket.net community

Congratulations! Our bid to be the selected group for the Supporters Takeover scheme is successful, and we must now decide which club we are going to become shareholders of.

There is a poll in which you can vote in at the top of this page. It will expire in just a few days, so hurry up! All you have to do is pick the league in which the club we should take over is in, the Barclays Premier League or the Coca-Cola Football League.

After the league has been decided, there will be another poll to decide which club in that league we will take over.

Lee Payne,
Spokesperson

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Nice idea, following on from the myfootballclub.com thing :D

Yes, I based it on MyFootballClub. To avoid making it sound like every member had payed ?35 though, I evolved the idea into an FA hunt.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Championship for sure! And Lee shut up. Ipswich are the best team in the world!

(The only reason I am saying this is because my team who will not be named were beaten quite badly by them recentley) :p

Manly

Thor
Championship for sure! And Lee shut up. Ipswich are the best team in the world!

(The only reason I am saying this is because my team who will not be named were beaten quite badly by them recentley) :p

u a bristol city fan then?

Users who are viewing this thread