PlanetCricket.net take over (FM2008)

Which club should PlanetCricket.net take over?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Blackpool thats quite close i can see it from where i live in southport. Newly promoted should be intresting

Blackpool should be an interesting choice. Newly promoted, semi good players and a decent fan base. But, it think it would be good if a Blackpool fan helped us out. If there is one..

Hmm, interesting choice - hopefully we can keep the club up.

Blackpool! Blackpool!!

Sure they may be in the Championship now, but I cast my mind back to when we took them apart in the Play-Off's many seasons ago! They beat us 2-0 in the first leg at our place, and we went back to theirs in the 2nd leg and did them over 3-2! Before going on to beat Notts County at Wembley! Bradford were the choice dammit!

Although if I'd have voted, it would have been for QPR, best youth players out of all the clubs listed, give or take a couple players from the others.

Blackpool will be a challenge, there's no doubt about that!

Can we have all the details Lee? Maybe they could be posted on the first post? :)

What sort of details?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackpool begin search for new manager

After the takeover by the PlanetCricket.net website, Blackpool have today bugn their search for a new manager.

The decision will be made by the new chairman of the club, Lee Payne.

Jack Teague, Rhys Williams and JJ Simpson are all believed to be in the running for the post. The announcement is made on Sunday afternoon.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Come on Blackpool! Holden's the Dark Horse..Hes taken england to number one in the world in less than a year! Good luck whoever the new manager is

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Details such as players, finances and stuff like that. And to be in the running for such a mighty club as Blackpool is an honour :p

H0wZ4T!

Club Cricketer
Of course, I am going to promote myself for manager. I have a vast knowledge of English football, the youngsters, the tactics and ultimately, Football Manager.

But, if all else fails, Jack and Rhys are great dudes.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Not winning any game out of 13 with AS Aris Salonika (Greek Superliga) on FM07 surely puts me as a definite for the job :p

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Simpson unveiled as Blackpool manager

JJ Simpson has been unveiled as the Blackpool manager on a one season long contract.

The announcement was made by chairman Lee Payne a day later than planned as he had asked for extra time to make a decision.

Simpson will be the first boss under the club's ownership by the PlanetCricket.net website. He will delegate day to day team related managers and the website's community will be in charge of finances, transfers and, if needs must, finding a new manager.

"I am pleased to announce that JJ Simpson is the new manager of Blackpool," Payne said.

"There were many worthy contenders for this position, but I believe JJ has the knowledge of this league that is needed to be successful. Briggsey was a close second with his decent record for Arsenal, followed by Rhys Williams and Jack Teague."

JJ Simpson must now create a new game with Football Manager 2008 as Blackpool.

H0wZ4T!

Club Cricketer
Blackpool manager already buggers things up

New Blackpool manager, JJ Simpson is set for the axe, just half an hour after being appointed.

He has already make a huge mistake, he doesn't have Football Manager 2008 yet. He does have FM 2007, but JJ is too skint to buy the newest edition.

Lee Payne was unavailable for comment.

Users who are viewing this thread