PlanetCricket.net take over (FM2008)

Which club should PlanetCricket.net take over?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In the light of JJ Simpson being set up for sacking, Ben Manning told the press:

I believe I have the right credentials for the Blackpool job, given I actually DO have Football Manager 08.

It is likely that more managers will declare their interest in the soon-to-be-vacant Blackpool job in the coming days.

Rhys Williams rules himself out of the running for the managers position as he does NOT YET have Football Manager 2008 either. (but will do soon :p)

Richard Matthews had this too say about the incident

" I do have FM 08 and wouldnt mind if i got the job although i do know there is alot of good people wanting the job except for the cheeky bugger Jack Teague"

Blackpool sever ties with Simpson

Blackpool chairman Lee Payne has told of his disappointment that manager JJ Simpson has left the club by mutual consent one day into his reign.

Simpson was unveiled as the manager on Monday, but left on Tuesday to sign a contract to become the face of insurance company Sheila's Wheels.

"The club is under new ownership, and at this time it is vital that any new staff take a vow of loyalty to the club and it's supporters." Payne said.

A revised announcement as to Simpson's replacement will be made on Wednesday.

Jack Teague is now the favourite to become the boss, with newcomers Ben Manning and Richard Matthews also in the running.

Williams has announced that he would like to take the job of assistant coach at Blackpool after recent events ruled him out of the running for the main managerial job.

BETFAIR:

Blackpool Managerial Job

Jack Teague 2/1F
Briggsey 4/1
Ben Manning 10/1
Richard Matthews 25/1

Simpson Reveals Future Plans

JJ Simpson, the world's shortest reigning manager has revealed he didn't want to leave Blackpool, he just didn't have FM08:

I didn't want to leave. There was no mutual consent, it is just a way of saying I was sacked. But, no worries. Those Sheila's are fine!

He also revealed he hopes to stay as part of the Planetcricket.net board to make some decisions.

Jobs offered as backroom staff at Blackpool

Blackpool chairman Lee Payne has taken time away from his search for a manager to offer the positions of assistant manager and first team coach to two members of the PlanetCricket.net website.

JJ Simpson, who, contrary to press reports, resigned as manager after one day, has been offered the assistant manager post as it will not require him to terminate his contract as the face of insurance company Sheila's Wheels.

The first team coach position has been offered to Rhys Williams, who ruled himself out of the running to be manager today. He had expressed his interest in the assistant manager's job but the club hope he will settle with coach.

Jack Teague's poor managerial record could count against him and he is no longer the favourite to take the job. The bookmakers now believe Briggsey is the man at the top of the shortlist.

Briggs 'invites Blackpool offer'

Former Arsenal boss Briggsey has reportedly expressed an interest in becoming the new Blackpool manager.

Briggsey, who left Arsenal in September, said he would be prepared to talk to the new Blackpool owners at Planetcricket.

"You will have to speak to the new board to see if they are interested in offering me the job," he told the Sun newspaper.

"I cannot say what I think until they say they are interested. Tell the board to come and get me. We will have to wait and see, but I rule nothing out."

Jack Teague has also added:

"After my spell at Aris I travelled to Darlington, 2nd from bottom and ready to fall out of the football league. This time I gained points against high teams, but due to the amount of injuries (10 unavailable in 1 game!) I decided to leave. Unfortunately the injuries just couldn't get us results and I again fled England to manage Messina. A ok start and by the end of my first season there we had a clean slate.

I feel Blackpool need me to make sure their stay in the Championship is shorter, I mean longer, than 1 season!"

Jack Teague still remains below briggs in the odds with just a few hours from the announcement...

Richard Matthews- who is the bookies outsider to get the job had this to say

"Im not going to list all my achivements in managerment because it would take to long but all im saying is that i am a great manager and everyone knows that but all that matters is does Mr Payne do?"

Matthews has also been linked with a job at scotland.

Users who are viewing this thread