Player Discussion

John Dobson - The Future of Durham Cricket?

Player Profile:

Full Name: John Dobson
DOB: 24/08/1990 (20)
Major Teams: Durham
Salary: 26,000
Description: Aggressive batsman, strong leg side preference.

He could be the future for Durham cricket. The 20 year old was promoted through the youth squad this year and has already shown his ability in the few matches he has played already. He didn't show much promise in the T20's with 10 runs from 2 innings in 3 matches. His first class debut was more than impressive though, scoring 147. He didn't bat on his OD debut but scored 3* and 32* in his only other matches. After being dropped from the team after only making 17 in his only innings in the next FC match, he was recalled for the final match of the County Championship season. He showed his abilities yet again, scoring 55 in the first innings as Durham were bowled out for 251 and a nice 63* in the second innings to improve his average and most likely get a contract for the next season. He has now scored 282 runs @ 94 in 3 matches, 4 innings and does not currently have an average in OD cricket. He has also shown some promise with the ball having taken 3/52 in one of his innings but hasn't been able to repeat that in his 2 other bowling innings. Watch out for this young lad as he could definately be the future of Durham and English cricket.

John Dobson has been in fine form in his career so far, with 1000 runs already in 11 First Class matches, 15 innings at an average of 92.82. His conversion rate is really high, with 5 centuries and 3 fifties in his career, one fifty being out on 99. His other 2 half centuries were 75+, I think. He still hasn't got much of a chance in One Day cricket though, 9 matches, 7 innings and 4 not outs, 189 runs @ 63, with one unbeaten 50.

I rested him for most of the T20 matches so it wouldn't wreck his form and made him play 2nd team matches. This shows how dangerous he is when he gets a start. In his 10 2nd team matches during that period, he scored 10 and under, 4 times, 20-35, 2 times and 100+ 4 times. His 4th highest score was 103, his 5th highest score was 31. Then his first FC game back, he made 126.

The master has done it again, hitting 87* as we managed 202 in our 40 over's, the next highest score being 18.

ICC 2006 : Playing as Surrey

I got this youth opener in my 2034 season. In my recently concluded 2036 season he got 1000+ runs in the One Dayers itself ( CT+ProLeague ).
In both the FC & OD, the half centuries could have been much more as he got out in the 40's on some occassions.

( both screenshots from the 2036 season )

dexyxh.jpg

And here's another gun...experienced one.....The runs scored could have been much more but he missed some games as he was selected by England...but never got to play those International matches as he had to sit out...:mad:

2r6nptv.jpg

Last edited:
John Dobson - What A Season

Player Profile:

Full Name: John Dobson
DOB: 24/08/1990 (20)
Major Teams: Durham
Salary: 24,500
Description: Aggressive batsman, strong leg side preference.

What an unbelievable season by John Dobson as he breaks all the records. He scored over 2000 FC runs in his first ever full season at an average of 102.33 to now have 2431 First Class runs @ 101.29. His One Day season was great as well getting not outs as he managed 447 runs @ 111.75 in 13 matches and 9 innings. He also scored a massive 372* against Warwickshire as the team scored over 700. 10 First Class centuries through the season to make it now a total of 11 career centuries to go with his 6 career half centuries in 29 innings (20 matches). He is still yet to make a OD century but got close with 88* once. What can he do in his second season. Is an English callup coming his way? Find out soon.

Hmmm... I just got a regen promoted from my youth team with a 2nd team batting average of 125.
At the end of his first half season, he's averaging over 60 in FC cricket and over 40 in OD cricket, while his form is only hovering around 50%. :laugh

Just won the CC for the fifth season in a row, not having much luck in OD and T20 cricket though.

wow. Keep us notified on what happens with him!

Users who are viewing this thread