Player Editing Tutorial

I'm an idiot, so i apologise.

I believe there is a walkthrough of how to use Artmoney isn't there?

the basics of using ArtMoney can be found either in the first post or in a different thread.

for actually editing players i posted a tutorial a few pages back. however there is a difference between ICC/Ashes 06 and ICC 3/2008 regarding the location of cells. we are trying to figure that out.

batting ability and nationalities are the same for both ICC/Ashes 06 and ICC 3/2008.

contracts should in theory be the same.

bowling ability is 4 rows lower for ICC 3/2008 than for ICC/Ashes 06.

other stuff we will eventually spot the difference. Cottager is supposed to be getting ICC 2008 in September so once he gets it then the locations should be sussed.

Contracts are the same. I'm not so sure about bowling being 4 rows lower though. Also I don't think player type, i.e. allrounder, opening batsman, etc are in the same place either.

I still can't find Pietersen or Sidebottom in the spreadsheet no matter how I type the date in. I found Flintoff but when I type in the 4 values it gives me no result

I still can't find Pietersen or Sidebottom in the spreadsheet no matter how I type the date in. I found Flintoff but when I type in the 4 values it gives me no result

you are following the instructions?

i know KP's DOB is 27/06/1980. unless you've edited the spreadsheet inadvertedly.

I got it right. In the instructions it says DD/MM/YYYY but it's actually MM/DD/YYYY

I got it right. In the instructions it says DD/MM/YYYY but it's actually MM/DD/YYYY

:confused:

not sure how you managed that. i'm assuming you've copied my spreadsheet onto another spreadsheet or office application, or your excel is configured to auto-convert any dates into MM/DD/YYYY.

it can be easier to manually look if you know what the third number roughly translates as.

changing the subject, i've managed to suss how batting preferences work, their split between two separate cells.

link to updated tutorial should be in my siggy.

Last edited:
I've tried editing Stuart Hole (can't remember his first name) of Warwickshire on ICC 2008 but for some reason I can't change his nationality to West Indian. All the other nationalities work fine though but when I select 50 (for West Indian) and refresh his profile, it simply shows his team as Warwickshire (as opposed to Warwickshire & West Indies).

If I do it with Australia, for example, I get Warwickshire & Australia. Any ideas as to what might have been wrong?

Have you checked that when you pick your team for West Indies, he's there? And are you sure you're editing the right player? As there may be a number of people with the same birthdate. It can be checked by editing the age and making sure that the player in game has had his age changed as well.

I seriously can not find players in ArtMoney.

Using Ben Harmison as an example - his birth date is 9/1/86 which means his code is 64-175-22-64, right?

If I type that in search in ArtMoney, it comes up with 241,030 addresses. If I do it without the hyphens, it comes up with 0.

Any help?

When searching you have to select 'sequence of values', number of values = 4, Type = integer standard, and Address range = All

Then when you press ok, four boxes appear and put the numbers in order in there.

Users who are viewing this thread