Player of THIS Decade?

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Who do you think will be a star player this decade. Anyone have any predictions. I think Hamish Rutherford will play well for NZ, and Corey Anderson should have a good long career. Who should we look out for this decade?

Shaun and Mitchell Marsh, Umar Akmal, Mohammad Aamer, Virat Kohli, Dale Steyn.

These are the guys who I think will be the contenders for the player of this decade.

I don't know about other countries but I expect Virat Kohli to really make a name for himself. I've been really impressed by him so far.

Its hard to say any of the current greats will complete THIS decade as they are too old. And the young ones are just too new. What Umar Akmal is doing has been seen over and again but consistency is what will separate him from others. Aamer has potential but so had Irfan Pathan when he announced himself on the scene. Consistency is what will define the careers of these guys. Saying how talented is fine but saying how consistent one will be is actually impractical.

Lets just watch the Under-19 World Cup ;)

Missing out some great players like AB de Villiers and Micheal Clarke. Both of them will be the players to watch out

In terms of youth, I'd go for the locals Aamir and Umar Akmal (I dont know much about the rest), but agree with MuchMore's statements. Rilee Rossouw is another talented player, enjoyed watching him in the CLT20

Kevin Pietersen I expect to have a Ponting-esque decade but as far as young players are concerned I expect Rohit Sharma, Kane Williamson, Umar Akmal, Mohammed Aamer, Stuart Broad, James Taylor, Virat Kohli, Adrian Barath, Wayne Parnell, JP Duminy, Phillip Hughes, Callum Ferguson, Luke Pomersbach (if he sorts himself out) and Adil Rashid to all be class players.

Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja (if he stays consistent) Pragyan Ojha, Kane Williamson, Irfan Pathan (Yes, he'll be back), Shaun Marsh, Zaheer Khan, JP Duminy, Shahid Afridi, Jerome Taylor, KP, Dilshan :)

A few of the established names not mentioned in the thread yet. Ross Taylor, Jesse Ryder and Tim Southee all will be around for most if not all of the next decade.

Most have named the ones I would have said. Adding some Aussies, Usman Khawaja, Steven Smith, Mitch Marsh, James Patterson, Josh Hazelwood, Mitchell Starc.

Users who are viewing this thread