Player of THIS Decade?

Virender Sehwag had started playing in International Cricket in 1999, and the start of his career was quiet similar to Virat Kohli's these days.

Just a Sehwag was the Player of the Decade, my prediction is Virat Kohli.:hpraise

Sehwag is not even close to being the player of the last decade.

I totally expect him to end his career as the highest run scorer in tests.

That is being overly over-optimistic.

Tendulkar is touching 13,000 runs and Smith hasn't even reached 7,000.

Smith is already 29 (well, almost). So even if he goes on to play for 6 more years and score 1000 every year, which is actually virtually impossible given the lack of test matches, he still won't challenge Tendulkar's record.

Moreover, Smith has scored 1000+ runs in only 2 out of 12 seasons and his previous three seasons' tally is not great either.

So, he is waaaay off from what you think of him. Seriously.

That is being overly over-optimistic.

Tendulkar is touching 13,000 runs and Smith hasn't even reached 7,000.

Smith is already 29 (well, almost). So even if he goes on to play for 6 more years and score 1000 every year, which is actually virtually impossible given the lack of test matches, he still won't challenge Tendulkar's record.

Moreover, Smith has scored 1000+ runs in only 2 out of 12 seasons and his previous three seasons' tally is not great either.

So, he is waaaay off from what you think of him. Seriously.

hardly virtually impossible, he's just entering his peak, and I think he'll play beyond 35, easily.

Even if he plays till the age of 38 and score 750 runs per season on average, which will actually put him in the league of greats like Bradman, Sachin, Lara or Ponting.. even then he would only get to 13,250 approx. which I think will be short of Sachin's tally anyway.

Sachin wasn't the player of this decade. The last one maybe...

Gambhir could definitely be the best of the coming one though...

Gazza_11 added 13 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Gazza_11 added 0 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Virat Kohli is definitely one to watch out for in the coming decade. He's looked very good with the bat in ODI's recently, he's averaged 50+ in the last 6 matches he has played and after watching him score a century in the recent ODI against Bangladesh he really does have the potential to flourish into a world class batsman.

He does bat at no.3 so he could may well be the ideal replacement for when Sachin retires.

AB DeVillers , M.Clarke,V.Kohli might be one stars in this decade.

chiranjitpathak added 4 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Sehwag,KP,Dilshan
Don't think Dilshan because he is already 30+, he might be a star player don't think he will able to play for most part of this decade

Users who are viewing this thread