Your Cricket Playing the wristy flick shot

With the bat? :laugh

I did that trying to hit a tennis ball as high as I could with a racket. Hit myself straight in the face. :(

my advice, dont flick balls to leg off your off stump. but if your detirmind to do it then get your hands on a bowling machine, set it to your off stump and just go for it, spend hours doing it and you will pick up your own way of doing it. record yourself and look at what your doing wrong, and look to improve it the next time you do it

my advice, dont flick balls to leg off your off stump. but if your detirmind to do it then get your hands on a bowling machine, set it to your off stump and just go for it, spend hours doing it and you will pick up your own way of doing it. record yourself and look at what your doing wrong, and look to improve it the next time you do it

Good idea, but where can I get myself one of those.. :idea

Nice sig btw, awesome blending, who made it?

Good idea, but where can I get myself one of those.. :idea

Nice sig btw, awesome blending, who made it?

im not sure what you have around your area, but there would be cricket training centres around with access to a bowling machine, you can usually book them in half hour periods.

thanks, i made it :)

I was watching IPL 2nd Semi today. And did you see how Vijay got out, ya thats what happens when you play across the line.

Was absolutely n00b at this, always used to get out lbw playing this. And then this season, was my most profitable shot. Especially as an opening batsman, scored about 75% of my early runs on the flick.

I suck at it too. I always get hit on the pad or thigh pad, front or back foot.

2 seasons ago I was dismissed 6 times flicking, caught, lbw and bowled, however you like I sucked. Last season I don't think I got out doing it, but I didn't get many runs off it.

I missed so many of these down the leg side, which either hit my pad or just went through to the keeper. And eventually this just really pissed me off and I got out playing a rash shot. But yeah, I generally hit them now.

The best way to practice Tum is just throw a tennis ball at a wall, let it come to you and play the shot. Did this the whole of winter for both the flick and sweep shot and it helped a lot.

Yeah I'm getting better at it now.

I also have a killer reverse sweep :D Time it perfectly every time, such a fun shot to play off the spinners.

I made myself 3 techniques: KP style when playing spinners, Ponting style when playing the Pull/Hook shot and Sachin style for the rest. It has worked well for me so far.

I am piss poor at hitting anything leg side. Anything on or down my pads I just miss. Off side is for the classier batsmen anyway ;)

I've only seen about three successful reverse sweeps in juniors. I don't have the balls to play it, my coach would massacre me if I stuffed it :S

I've never been game enough to try a reverse sweep, but I wouldn't mind practicing it until I know it like any other shot.

Users who are viewing this thread