PlayStation 3 May Face Downgrades ,Sony May Lower Specs of PlayStation 3

there isnt a game that makes me stand up and buy the xbox360 right now . and also apart from MGS4 im not much interested in the ps3 also(infact its the only reason), so till the systems get better games , reduce their prices and have no technical problems as such only then will i buy a next gen console
btw: also my not owning a HDTV is a reason too

Ritwik said:
How many "great" games are there for the Xbox 360 anyway ? Not many. And the ones that are in the pipeline are several months away.

And MS has been inundated with complaints about its reliability. There are reports of problems even after many months of release.

This is not to blindly defend Sony, what they're doing with the PS3 is seemingly quite stupid, however the Xbox 360 is not a very great console either.
Well it not like I'm going to go out and buy 10 games. I think 2 'great games' is enough to whet my appetite. Oblivion is also a great game which I havn't purchased. :)

PDZ can hardly be called a killer app and oblivion is also available for the pc with mods patches etc and what other game were you tokin bout
only worthwhile 360 games are
PGR and maybe dead or alive

kmk1284 said:
PDZ can hardly be called a killer app and oblivion is also available for the pc with mods patches etc and what other game were you tokin bout
only worthwhile 360 games are
PGR and maybe dead or alive
Well it depends what sort of games you like then.
Different amounts of games will be available for different genres. Simple. :)
If you are a first person shooter fan, then you will be over the moon about the amount of games there are for the XBox 360 for that genre for example.

but the thing is that most of them are available on the pc right now, infaqct some were released on the pc before the 360, also regarding exclusive titles ,as the developement cost has increased considerably more are more games will surely go multiplatform

Actually Ritwik sets high standards for himself, and expects others to follow suit too.:D

Unless there are 100+ good games for XBox 360 , Ritwik wouldn't be satisfied...

blackleopard92 said:
Unless there are 100+ good games for XBox 360 , Ritwik wouldn't be satisfied...

Absolutely. Maybe not 100, but I'd want atleast 10 (at the very least) games (of whatever genre) that would really inspire me, and provided that they're also not available at the PC at the same time. This is because I buy around 3 or 4 games at a time, and like to play them all simultenously during one "period" of play, lasting about a 2-3 weeks. I am not the type of person to play just one game for a week, and forget about everything else. I wouldn't buy a 350 dollar console, and get bored after a month :o

Any ways, as KMK points out, all games are going multiplatform, so the only area where Xbox should score over a high-end PC is Xbox Live, which has sadly been the biggest dissapointment (technical and innovational) of the 360. You can't compromise on your USP and then expect a great console!

Its not been implemented very well. It is highly dependent on the region your in, and even in some places in the US, it sometimes doesn't connect at good speeds. Also, more importantly, some games have not integrated support for XBOX Live! properly, thus nullifying its benefits.

Ritwik said:
And anyway, sony have apparently dismissed the allegations levelled by the "source". Sounds like tripe fed to the media by MS or nintendo.
Exactly as i said!The price for the PS3 is ridiculous at $835 for a 20gig or $1000 for a 60gig.They are bound to loose cistomers with that kind of price...

are you taking inm aussie dollars.
about the xbox live xbox 360 is launching officialy in india in diwali but surprise surprise there is no (absolutely zilch) support for xbox live here in india.microsoft major service isnt even listed on their website or anyplacde else.
also about having 100 good games , trust me when i say the ps2 has more than 100

sachin, it's more like $850 for the Ps3 Pro pack. $1000 seems WAY too outrageous.

But there is no telling how much it'll be because of possible delays and I'm willing to bet someone as soon as the Ps3 comes out, Xbox 360 will drop.

IloveGilly said:
sachin, it's more like $850 for the Ps3 Pro pack. $1000 seems WAY too outrageous.

But there is no telling how much it'll be because of possible delays and I'm willing to bet someone as soon as the Ps3 comes out, Xbox 360 will drop.
Well thats what it said on some PS3 cost site...And some other guy on a PS3 forum confirmed that.Really aweful price.

kmk1284 said:
where as i know the premium ps3 is available for 600 us$$ flat.
$499,OR $599.

Users who are viewing this thread