Review Playtest Review/Preview(Review Links, Updated in First Post)

Thanks heaps for the feedback and your gracious comments guys!

Just a few quick things:

- The stats for the players do update match by match.
- There are instant replays, which can be set to display after 'highlights', 'wickets only' or turned off. There isn't an option to view a replay of the last ball at the moment, but that doesn't mean we don't have plans for it in the future. ;)
- There are 18 stadiums in the game.
- You can edit one of the four custom teams to create a new team. Instead of just putting blank slots, we gave them default line-ups and names, but you can get in there, change the name, uniform, lineups etc.
- You don't have to press a button to pick up the ball - fielding is automatic. You can hold the right stick in a direction (up or down) to choose which end to throw to, to override the automatic choice.
- You do have to press a button to catch the ball.
- As a pace bowler, you can bowl a slow ball or a fast ball by selecting slow ball or fast ball deliveries. Also, for non-spinners, the further down the meter you execute the delivery, the slower it will be. For spinners, it will be slower the further up the meter (since slower gives you more spin).
- Not sure why return to crease was unresponsive for you Matt, but it -should- be immediate if you've danced down the wicket. The batsman will take slightly longer to get back if you've made him dance down the wicket, than if you've just played a front foot shot, since you have further to cover.

Cheers guys, thanks so much again for all the kind words and honest feedback!

Heath

we , members of PC are very delighted that you are constantly looking after the threads.hope to see more from you guys.
it would be nice if details about the demo and release date are given within a week or so.(i know its off topic , but still)
and thanks again guys.continue the good work.we are so hoping for a bug free game.:cheers

Excellent reviews from you guys! :clap
I have certainly fixed my mind that this game is going to be the best till date!!!:banana2
I now just hope that codies continue with Transmission for atleast another game or two!!

Just a question out of anxiety.
Can we decide where the keeper stands ? For in reality we do occasionally see the Keeper standing up to bowlers such as Vaas,Pathan,Bracken etc.

already been answered, NO sorry.

thanks for all the reviews guys, now we wait, would like to see some official gameplay footage rather than more screens or a "trailer"

Just thought of something.

I'm sorry to be the one to throw a nasty, soggy, freezing cold wet blanket over all this, but weren't the playtest reviews from BLIC 2007 equally positive?

Feel very free to prove me wrong! In fact, I'd love it if I was completely wrong and talking utter BS! :D

Has anyone got links to last year's PC members previews of BLIC 2007? Or am I being unnecessarily pessimistic?

I went to one of the preview days, but it was ages before 2007 was released. What we wrote before the game came out was without having played it, and having been told a load of rubbish by the game's designer. This time we have played it and the people we've spoken to have given honest answers.

I went to one of the preview days, but it was ages before 2007 was released. What we wrote before the game came out was without having played it, and having been told a load of rubbish by the game's designer. This time we have played it and the people we've spoken to have given honest answers.

in whitehornmatt's review he said :

"I felt like you had to hit the button much earlier to play shots than on BLIC07, so I have the slight worry that once you get used to the game it will be just as easy"

wat do you feel about this.
from his review it can be said that he wasn't as excited as you were about the game even though he liked it.

i know these aren't important questions to be asked.still to keep the thread moving:D
we'll talk something like this about the gameplay.

for me graphics is important enough , so am really excited that all of you gave the new graphics engine a thumps up.really want to see some video of the in-game engine soon.

reply to these comments if its worth it.:D

:cheers

The AI defaulting to back foot could be a game killer in single player mode. Is it too late to fix this ? or will there be a patch ? (pc version). Otherwise it looks fantastic.

There are bound to be bugs but I doubt there will be a patch released. One was going to be made for BLIC 2007 but in the end all that happened was a small fix to problems with Xbox Live. Patches for the consoles also take a while to get through Microsoft and Sony.

Excellent, Lazy! Thank you for proving me entirely wrong! (I don't often say that... :D )

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

The AI defaulting to back foot could be a game killer in single player mode. Is it too late to fix this ? or will there be a patch ? (pc version). Otherwise it looks fantastic.

Yes, that is my last remaining major concern for this game. Sort that, Transmissions, and its full speed ahead for Lords!

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Yes, that is my last remaining major concern for this game. Sort that, Transmissions, and its full speed ahead for Lords!

You've played it, Lazy, does the backfoot shot thing spoil singleplayer?

Ooops, double post, sorry. :o

seems like a lot of you guys are in it to just play single player, i have yet to have a game thats online so I imagine ill be spending most of my time playing human counterparts.

in EA 07 I know virtually every single way to get the comp out, and can take 4-6 wickets in a row consistently on the hardest level. i think no matter how hard they make games, we will always figure out ways to exploit the AI, thats why playing against humans is the best

They said that there probably would be, but most likely not before release, especially for the console versions, as there are a whole lot more hoops through which to jump with Sony and MS.

The feeling I got from Jamie was that a PC demo is more likely to come out earlier. He did mention the potential problem of demo expanders and the like, so I wonder if we could help this by agreeing not to discuss expansion of the demo on these forums?
You just mentioned it! :p Sssh! :p

In all honesty I don't see how an expanded demo can cut it, they could probably have something like the BLC 99 demo then where in you chase a target - even if you expand you can't do much than just bat and bat and bat, so one will buy for extended experience anyways! :)

I have a little question, hsmith said that the stats are updated in the game. By stats did he mean stats like runs,matches,centuries or does he mean abilities of the player???
Though either way it would be awesome. Imagine Husseys batting points decreasing in the game while he is going through a lean patch and see Anderson to become best bowler in the game due to back to back solid performances. If i understand correctly,then the stats of player relate to the rating of the team. So if the stats are updated after every match then Ratings of the team should also be updated. This owuld be so cool. This would eventually mean that if we whitewash Aus in Ashes then the English team would have a higher rating than aussie.

Another thing i noticed in the reviews is that the confidence of batsman or bowler vary according to situation. So expanding this thought a little bit. Let us suppose a team has lost 2 matches in a 5 match test series. Then does his batsman have lower than normal confidence when they come out to bat on the first day of third test match due to pressure??

Hsmith said we can edit 4 custom lineups and their kits. Does that mean there are 4 teams create by developers containing random player which we can edit?

Can a batsman come to the crease an hit the first ball for six?? I know that would be very difficult, but is that possible if we get the timing right? In real cricket it does happen. Remember Yuvraj in T20 against England this WC. He came to bat and smacked the first ball over the bowler's head for six.

Does the reverse sweep have new animations this time around or still the same like BLIC 07 where batsman turns the bat in his hand in a split second like a feather and smacks it?

This question is for developers: Have you made the game easily moddable? Or you have also gone to the lengths to encode the files in a newer format so that modders have the hard time figuring it out. I wish you hav made it easy coz modders would eventually find a way.

Do all the slips clone each others motion like they are in some sort of band? In BLIC 07 if there was a catch to first slip then other slips would do exactly the same motion. Do the other slip fielders look toward the catcher or they just stare towards the umpire?

I think thats all for now.

Users who are viewing this thread