Review Playtest Review/Preview(Review Links, Updated in First Post)

just saw a wii version gameplay

its exactly look like a BLC07. Animations are the same. Bowling action, batting actions & stance all are same. Player models are almost same. Bowling & batting action look bit cartoonish.

Indian team have playes have funny names. like dhabi...telnkar..pathak..etc. & Indian kit is total different.

Commentary is very rare. Not much of commentary. Only during main things.

Great thing was only stadium & ground graphics. Electronic adboards & screens

just saw a wii version gameplay

its exactly look like a BLC07. Animations are the same. Bowling action, batting actions & stance all are same. Player models are almost same. Bowling & batting action look bit cartoonish.

Indian team have playes have funny names. like dhabi...telnkar..pathak..etc. & Indian kit is total different.

Commentary is very rare. Not much of commentary. Only during main things.

Great thing was only stadium & ground graphics. Electronic adboards & screens

Also the batsmen stand and freeze like statues after they play the shots.

The biggest problem for me has been the AI in all the cricket games. The patched version of cricket 2007 offers a reasonably good batting experience on hard levels in tests. The problem is that bowling is a bit of a bore especially in one days when the AI doesnt try to play according to the situation or the required run rate. I think if that is fixed to a certain degree, we will have a good cricket game on our hands ... for now C2007 is still good, though bowling is a bit of a bore

A few questions for our playtesters:

How many overs did you get to play it for?

How old is the PC demo build likely to be, same as Xbox 360? While it's good, there is work to be done, most notably on the edges. How were they in the build you played?

Finally, were there any crowd chants in the build you played?

Edit: How were the outfields in the build you played? In the demo, they seem a bit on the slow side.

How many overs did you get to play it for?
Chopped and changed through game types a lot, so never got really far in to a game, which is why I put that as the big unknown in my review.

How old is the PC demo build likely to be, same as Xbox 360? While it's good, there is work to be done, most notably on the edges. How were they in the build you played?
The PC demo is installing on my PC now so can't say for sure just yet, it would likely be newer than the 360 demo because the PC controls were being implemented on the day of the playtest, and the 360 demo had obvious issues I didn't see while playtesting on a 360 with the then current game.

Users who are viewing this thread