PLZ Help

afreedee

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey Guys,

i need help in setting up a forum for a website i will be making but i do not have a clue how.

i will be using phorum (click here to see Phorum site)

i can do everything apart from setting up a mysql database (something i have never heard of). can someone please help

Thanks in advance

cheers

Last edited:
You are asking a bit too much, its like someone wants to install Linux but doesn't even know how to install a program in windows.
Do a google and find some free tutorials and start from there.

Are you setting it up on a server somewhere? If you are, then you will need to have MySQL databases available on your plan. If you are setting it up on your own computer, you will need to get your hands on some server software (preferably Apache) and a MySQL installation. You will likely need PHP as well. If you are developing on your own computer (don't know why you'd want to do that seeing that no one else can access it unless you have some sort of dedicated internet and want to serve your own website) you can download an executable called "Netserver" (google it) which unpacks into MySQL, PHP and Apache ready-to-go.

If you are hosting your site elsewhere (such as a free host, or something), find out if they give you databases. If they do, then you will need to get further instructions based on what sort of host you are on. Let me know.

siddharth2002 said:
You are asking a bit too much, its like someone wants to install Linux but doesn't even know how to install a program in windows.
Do a google and find some free tutorials and start from there.
That's a pretty harsh analogy. :D

If you have a cpanel + fantastico, go to fantastico and it will automtacially install ( i doubt if it has phorum there ).

Also, to create a my sql database, if cpanel, then go to my sql database create a new one

Tell us your host . That would help you in turn :)

Users who are viewing this thread