Ponting open to Clarke taking the reigns

That would have hut Ponting badly,but there were hardly any reactions from him that day (for that particualr blow in his face)...He is a tough guy...

Clarke, who is in charge as Ponting rests for the next two weeks, would not consider the idea as a realistic option. "No," he said firmly when asked whether the captaincy should be split. As the Test vice-captain, Clarke would be next in line, but he is not in a hurry for promotion.

"At this stage, we only have one leader and, in my opinion, 'Punter' is my captain," Clarke said. "I've only had one captain in my career. Ricky is my leader

Clarke in no hurry to take over captaincy | Scotland Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Clarke earned my respect.;)

I'm not surprised he is open to it, after all it's how he got the job. Plus, he's a better ODI batsman than his predecessors, so it's unlikely that they can cut him without hurting the side.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO Don't sack Ponting!!

Please, please, please do NOT sack Ricky Ponting!

We just love watching him throw his dummy out the pram at the slightest excuse, and his captaincy is so bad that as his batting declines his presence is vital to us holding on to the Ashes for the next couple of series!!! Who else would have had North lobbing dollies at Panesar and Anderson for 45 minutes and let us off the hook in the first test - and in doing so gift us some much-needed morale and eventually the Ashes?

And that 'England can't come back after Headingley' jibe - BRILL, just what our guys needed to find some backbone !

The UK say Keep Punter! (PLEASE!)

Users who are viewing this thread