Post Steve Waugh

Jarryd

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
While i'm on the world tour as the kiwis (see the thread), i've decided to go on the post Steve Waugh era as Australia, touring the sub-continentinent.

What i'm using:

50 Over 1 Dayers

Hard Difficulty

Ai Patch V8

New Exe

The touring party

1. R.Ponting*
2. A.Gilchrist+
3. M.Bevan
4. N.Hauritz
5. M.Hayden
6. J.Langer
7. G.McGrath
8. A.Symonds
9. B.Lee
10. J.Gillespie
11. I.Harvey
12. B.Hogg
13. S.Katich
14. D.Lehmann
15. B.Williams
16. S.MacGill
17. N.Bracken
18. M.Love
19. M.Clarke
20. D.Martyn

First Test will start soon (as in minutes) so wish me luck and will keep you posted.

Test Match vs. Bangledesh

Conditions: A Hot day with no clouds

Pitch: A dry, dusty pitch with cracks to suit the spinners

Australian Lineup

1. J.Langer
2. M.Hayden
3. R.Ponting*
4. A.Symonds
5. S.Katich
6. M.Bevan
7. A.Gilchrist+
8. J.Gillespie
9. B.Lee
10. S.MacGill
11.G.McGrath
12th man: M.Clarke

Toss: Australia won and elected to bowl.

MacGill in element

A Killer over from Stuart MacGill has torn Bangledesh apart in the first session of the one off test. The 19th over went .W.W.W as he claimed Sarkar LBW, Bashuir Caught and had Ashradul C&B. It saved Australia from what could have been a long first session after a 67 run opening stand, something that quickly went from 0/67 to 4/73. With McGrath, Gillespie and Lee all failing to strike MacGill teamed up with Symonds to halt the scoring at lunch.

Bangeldesh 4/79

Hussain 4*
Kapal 2*

G.McGrath 0/17 (4ov.)
J.Gillespie 0/27 (6ov.)
B.Lee 0/15 (3ov.)
S.MacGill 3/11 (7ov.)
A.Symonds 0/9 (6ov.)

All out at tea

Australia have bowled Bangledesh all out for 129, 4 deliveries after tea. Apart from the opening stand of 69 they coule never get a partnership going facing 37 straight overs of MacGill, debutant Symonds, Katich and Bevan. The highest scorer of the innings was Sarkar with 46 and the best bowler was MacGill with 4/21, backed up well by Symonds with 3/25, Katich claimed 2 in an over and there was a runout. Now the Aussies get there turn on a track that is turning a lot and they will hope they won't have to bat last on it.

Collection of pics from the first dig, check out the vanishing Gillespie and the bull**** no-ball call.

Attachments

• first-innings.jpg
    first-innings.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 63
Bevan relishes return

Micheal Bevans return to Test Cricket is complete as he made it to 8 not out alongside Matthew Hayden on 57 not out as, at stumps Australia were 2/126. After bowling out Bangledesh just after tea, Langer and Hayden piled on 85 runs for the first wicket until Langer was bowled. When Ponting was out LBW 5 balls Bevan entered the arena as a test match batsman for the first time in 7 years and showed his teammates just how to deal with the spin of the Bangledeshians taking 8 of his first 5 balls.

Bangledesh All Out for 129

Australia 2/126

M.Hayden 57*
M.Bevan 8*

Very bad calls.

I'd be looking at some match fixing going on there.

No balls (hmmm).......what us with that LBW.

LOL, a mysterious virus will hit the team know and the line up will change.

Yes,I thought the same but the fix was in. Whose side was Gilly on? His feet are planted.

I believe he is wearing glasses so his eyes dont decieve him.

Users who are viewing this thread