proof - slip catching exists

woosaah

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Just thought I would post my proof that slip catching exists.

its in the game its just few and far between.

This was my 18 year old career player batting, he still isn't very good but hopefully he will get there eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slugger

Club Cricketer
nice video mate, i love that the keeper STILL went for it and it flew to about a 3rd or 4th slip

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Slightly off topic but I had a leg slip catch a second ago, someone hit it into their pad and it just popped up, umpire gave it not out, I was quite sure it had come off the bat so reviewed it and guess what, I was right :D.

Alberts

International Coach
There are plenty of slip catches when you're batting. The issue is that on pro it seems that the AI either completely misses it or middles it, meaning that they are very are when bowling to them.

I don't think anyone is doubting that there are edges occurring. There is nothing wrong with the physics, I'd go as far as saying that's it's absolutely brilliant, it just seems there needs to be some minor tweaks to how the AI batsmen play. I think if they played at it a bit better, but toned down the amount of times they got it perfectly (which is a bit over the top as is) we would see more edges and less of them being clear bowled trying some ridiculously flamboyant shots.

That however is something that they really need to take their time with that though, acting too quickly on it could unbalance everything. It's a really fine balancing act, and whilst not ideal at the moment, it is certainly better than other cricket games in recent memory were on release in that regard.

PokerAce

Banned
Whoa look at the keeper dive. I am sure this game has a lot to offer, but those tiny irritating bits, like the Keeper dive there, are one of the reasons I have not bought it yet.

ellgieff

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Whoa look at the keeper dive. I am sure this game has a lot to offer, but those tiny irritating bits, like the Keeper dive there, are one of the reasons I have not bought it yet.

FWIW, while I understand the irritation of seeing something like that it has no genuine impact on the gameplay - and you're missing out on the best cricket game (imperfections notwithstanding) to date.

I hired it to check it out. I'm utterly impressed. The only reason I haven't bought it is because I don't have an income. When I do get an income, some of my first pay is going to buying this game.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Slightly off topic but I had a leg slip catch a second ago, someone hit it into their pad and it just popped up, umpire gave it not out, I was quite sure it had come off the bat so reviewed it and guess what, I was right :D.

So the umpire gave it out finally?

woosaah

Club Cricketer
There are plenty of slip catches when you're batting. The issue is that on pro it seems that the AI either completely misses it or middles it, meaning that they are very are when bowling to them.

I don't think anyone is doubting that there are edges occurring. There is nothing wrong with the physics, I'd go as far as saying that's it's absolutely brilliant, it just seems there needs to be some minor tweaks to how the AI batsmen play. I think if they played at it a bit better, but toned down the amount of times they got it perfectly (which is a bit over the top as is) we would see more edges and less of them being clear bowled trying some ridiculously flamboyant shots.

That however is something that they really need to take their time with that though, acting too quickly on it could unbalance everything. It's a really fine balancing act, and whilst not ideal at the moment, it is certainly better than other cricket games in recent memory were on release in that regard.

That wasn't the point of my post. It is actually the first slip catch that I have seen, and i have only had 2 or 3 days of not playing it since I got the game (5th April)

Plus I was just playing with the cameras. I am hoping for the career patch to come out soon so I can restart my career player.

currently 19 years old high score of 50 in a T20 average of 12, list a top score of 40 at an average of 9 and in first class 36 top score at an average of 7.4 but i have scored 537 runs in 72 innings LOL.

phil1987

Club Captain

Yeah ball physics around the bat is great no doubt, which is why i think they will be able to fix the lack of batpads and edges to the slips/gully in future patches or maybe future titles. The inside edges look so natural and unscripted, you never know when it will hit the stumps,going to the wicket keeper or going for 4.

As for it being i minor tweak i think it might be a little harder than that especially with batpad dismissals. No other cricket game has ever even come remotely close to getting realistic animations and ball physics when it comes to batpad dismissals.

kasabian21

International Coach
Had two edges off my bowling in my very first match - one would have been down 3rd slip's throat and the other an easy catch for gully...sadly I only has a 1st slip in!

Users who are viewing this thread