MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The qualifiers finally decided, so we get a shiny new thread!

Sri Lanka v South Africa - Wednesday 18th March at the SCG
India v Bangladesh - Thursday 19th March at the MCG
Australia v Pakistan - Friday 20th March at the Adelaide Oval
New Zealand v West Indies - Saturday 21st March at Westpac Stadium Wellington

Anyone think we'll see a big upset?

The qualifiers finally decided, so we get a shiny new thread!

Sri Lanka v South Africa - Wednesday 18th March at the SCG
India v Bangladesh - Thursday 19th March at the MCG
Australia v Pakistan - Friday 20th March at the Adelaide Oval
New Zealand v West Indies - Saturday 21st March at Westpac Stadium Wellington

Anyone think we'll see a big upset?

One of the two hosts to get eliminated in the QFs. You heard it here first.

I believe We Won't Give it Back.

Watching Pakistan's sudden revival, that QF between Pakistan and Australia will be interesting to see. Especially If Pakistan are bowling under lights, their 4 fast bowlers will make it tough for Australia to chase a target above 250.

Edit: Sri Lanka, India, Australia, New Zealand to go through to Semi finals. NZ and Australia will be in finals and NZ will win the WC. Bring on the IPL.

Last edited:
South Africa, India, Australia and New Zealand are easy to predict but Pakistan and Srilanka have enough firepower to beat any team so I'll go with Srilanka, India, Pakistan and New Zealand just to have different prediction.

I think the QFs have thrown up some very interesting games.

SA vs SL

This is perhaps the pick of the QF matches. SA have flattered to deceive and while they have been ruthless against the weaker sides, they have lost both the matches to sides even remotely capable of challenging them (Ind and Pak). In SL they definitely face a side more than capable of challenging them, and I tihnk SL should have enough to upset the pre-tournament favorites.

WINNERS - SL

IND vs B'desh
I think B'desh have done tremendously well to reach the QF, especially after a long period of stagnation to say the least. While this is definitely is a new start, but all said and done this is perhaps the easiest of the QFs. India should have too much for Bangladesh and should really coast to a victory. Bangladesh just don't seem to have the bowling and their slow left arm spinners will struggle to have any real impact against the Indian batting line up.

WINNERS - IND

AUS vs PAK

Pak have done very well to turn around their campaign after a terrible start. However in Aus they face a side that is just too good, and ultimately should win the match. It would be exciting if Pak won though, as that would set up an epic encounter in the Semis against India, but all said and done, Australia should win this one easily.

WINNERS - AUS

NZ Vs WI

WI have been poor and that they barely snuck through only on NRR ahead of Ireland. Its hard to see them posing any kind of a threat to the Kiwi sides who have had everyone running out of superlatives. Their bowling has been lethal, and This one really should be an easy win for the Kiwis. WI do have plenty of X-Factors though, and none of the igger than Gayle. On the short grounds, if Gayle gets going, then he will be hard to contain. DR Smith is another and Sammy is mre than capable of playing the finisher from lower down the order. Ultimately though, unless one f them produces the performance of their careers, its hard not to see the Kiwis getting into the semis.

WINNERS - NZ

Thug life of Shahid Afridi
My ***** comment by an Asian to a white man? :facepalm

BTW I must say I am not surprised I see us in QF. That said it will be incredibly difficult to win it since nz are playing exceedingly well. We will need to come out all guns blazing and wi require someone like Holder to step up with the ball and support Taylor.

SL should be able to overcome South Africa.

Cant see Pakistan being able to get pass Starc.

Hopefully Bangladesh can send the Indians packing, they're riding high on confidence so the time is right for complacency to set in on the former champions.

The NZ/WI match will be either a close shave or victory by a wide margin by the Kiwis, cant see the likes of Gayle and co. playing out the the Kiwi fast men.

SL should be able to overcome South Africa.

Cant see Pakistan being able to get pass Starc.

Hopefully Bangladesh can send the Indians packing, they're riding high on confidence so the time is right for complacency to set in on the former champions.

The NZ/WI match will be either a close shave or victory by a wide margin by the Kiwis, cant see the likes of Gayle and co. playing out the the Kiwi fast men.
You are 3/4 right.

Users who are viewing this thread