World Cup Quarter Finals Discussion

I am expecting Pakistan to play better against Starc becuase Starc is sort of a Pakistani fast bowler. He swings late, bowl excellent in-swinging yorkers and can bowl reverse swing. Pakistan batsmen falter when the ball is seaming or swinging in the air. To me Mitchell Johnson is the most dangerous Aussie bowler for Pakistan.

So you don't think Sri Lanka have a chance?
In all seriousness I think that tie between South Africa and Sri Lanka is the only one where it could go either way, maybe more towards Sri Lanka because of the South African's 'Choking' tag.

In all seriousness I think that tie between South Africa and Sri Lanka is the only one where it could go either way, maybe more towards Sri Lanka because of the South African's 'Choking' tag.
Perhaps it's like a double negative, because we expect South Africa to choke, they'll choke on choking and win.

So u r sure of B'desh beating India? Like not even 1% doubt.
Well obviously I was on the wind up, thanks for biting though :p

Of course I expect India to win but seeing as Bangladesh have some genuine pace in their side now I don't think it'll be as easy as some of you guys think.

Well obviously I was on the wind up, thanks for biting though :p

Of course I expect India to win but seeing as Bangladesh have some genuine pace in their side now I don't think it'll be as easy as some of you guys think.

No I am cool with ppl saying B'desh will beat India, I mean why the hell not, they are in the QFs have done well to get there and have looked good in the last two fixtures.

However to say that its a 100% thing, was I felt pushing the boundaries of logic a little bit, and hence that is when I posed the question, or well bit, as u put it :)

I believe SA will be the first side to straight go back home in the Quarters followed by B'desh and maybe Pakistan.

I believe SA will be the first side to straight go back home in the Quarters followed by B'desh and maybe Pakistan.
Sri Lanka have got no bowling to control world class Batting! I believe SAF won't choke this time
(except Final)

I am amazed how easily everyone is writing Srilanka off specially against South Africa. Srilanka batted very well against Australia which is the best inform bowling lineup right now. Unless SA bat first and score 350+, it will be very difficult for South Africa to contain Srilankan batting line.

South Africa has to bat first if they want to stay in this WC. The moment they have to chase, they are gone. They showed it against both India and Pakistan in this tournament where they bunk under pressure when chasing.

South Africa has to bat first if they want to stay in this WC. The moment they have to chase, they are gone. They showed it against both India and Pakistan in this tournament where they bunk under pressure when chasing.

Actually its a fair point. If SL get near 280 batting first, and with their batting line up why shouldn't they, then it will be tough for SA to get there, especially with the extra pressure of it being a KO.

Though I suppose the same could be said of all sides.

Users who are viewing this thread