World Cup Quarter Finals Discussion

I wonder how many of NZ fans are still missing Neesham in the team for Elliot now that they are virtually confirmed in the semis.

India have done well in this World Cup bowling short most of the time. During our QF game, they even showed the pitch map of India's wickets and at that time, 21 of India's overall wickets in the World Cup had come from short deliveries. Shami, Yadav and Mohit have just not mindlessly hurled it short. They have used it very effectively. I think India using the short ball tactic against Australia might not be a bad idea at all.

No the point is there is effective short and there is pointless short bowling. India fr the most of the summer have been bowling the pointless short deliveries, mstly as they got carried away with the bounce.

In World Cup they improved their lenght and were more effective. I do worry that in the urge to bowl short again, India may get carried away a little bit.

im more worried about hiding ashwin from maxwell to be honest and give him the least amount of deliveries against him

im more worried about hiding ashwin from maxwell to be honest and give him the least amount of deliveries against him

I am actually not worried. And it would be ridiculous to think of hiding Ashwin from Maxwell. Yes, Ashwin has got a bit of stick from Maxwell but I back the current Ashwin who has reduced his speeds drastically, is flighting the ball more in the air and is back to relying on his stock delivery which is the off spinner. And another thing is, Ashwin loves the challenge against these big bashers like Gayle, Warner, Maxwell, etc and is a guy that Dhoni often turns to in Powerplay overs because he invariably gets you the wicket.

In fact, Ashwin v Maxwell is one battle I am really looking forward to in the semifinal. It could be a battle that could potentially make or break our World Cup prospects. But its one that we need to get into because our chances right now is 50-50 and if we don't get into it, our chances could be 30-70.

Im still not sure ashwin would be the best way to confront maxi despite the improved new version of ash, any other day i would have loved to watch a ashwin maxwell battle, but on this day its high risk, short pitch peppering may give us the best chance against max. Like you say getting out maxwell may not get us a win but if he stays on he will put the match further out of our reach.

Im still not sure ashwin would be the best way to confront maxi despite the improved new version of ash, any other day i would have loved to watch a ashwin maxwell battle, but on this day its high risk, short pitch peppering may give us the best chance against max. Like you say getting out maxwell may not get us a win but if he stays on he will put the match further out of our reach.

I back the spinner more vs a fast bowler banging it short, when it comes to bowling against Maxwell. Maxwell loves spinners, but I believe you have more chances as a spinner against a batsmen like him than a fast bowler bowling it short. These Australians are born and bred against fast bowling and always they will find playing fast bowling a lot easier than spin. More so Maxwell who is a very fast paced player and doesn't mind taking risks to get the game moving quickly. A slower bowler will have better chances against a fast paced batsman like Maxwell.

That game was well worth the flight down to Wellington[DOUBLEPOST=1427105583][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wonder how many of NZ fans are still missing Neesham in the team for Elliot now that they are virtually confirmed in the semis.

I don't think there were many fans who thought that, most people were wondering why Henry wasn't in the squad instead of Boult/Mills. But he's there now so...

Users who are viewing this thread