World Cup Quarter Finals Discussion

By suggesting it was something Bangladesh should have reviewed, which implies teams need to have a review in hand to get a height no ball checked when that's not necessary for front foot ones. A basic umpiring mistake should be resolved without the need for teams to use up reviews.

No I am not implying that BD (or anyone) should have/need to refer for review on waist high no balls. I already said that the decision should have been made after a look the replays and not before it. However even with this error BD could have had the chance to get him had they left themselves with a review.

I don't care who the match was against - wrong umpiring decisions are wrong umpiring decisions. We have abundant technology to be able to make these decisions correctly - I want them to use it and for the third umpire to be empowered to reverse on field decisions without being called upon.

This is my biggest problem with DRS in its present form, and this is what drives me mad when a DRS review error is made. We clearly have the tech !! Why can the ICC not just clear up the grey areas that still exist. In fact why should there still be grey areas, we have had DRS for years now. Just take the time, define everyone's roles, clearly set the rules for interpretation and standardise everything, tweak a few things that need to be tweaked and we are good to go. Sadly ICC just doesn't seem to care.

I think Bangladesh would have lost regardless, but it was so easy to correct this umpiring mistake that I think they are right to complain about it. Stupidity for anyone to suggest there was fixing involved, which just distracts from the legitimacy of the complaint about umpires not double checking a crucial call.

Its really not about whether BD would have lost or not. They probably would have but who knows. The point however remains, that the Umpires made a mistake, but even so it could have been corrected had BD got a review left. What I do have a problem with the light in which the initial comment was made that started this those discussion, which kind of tried to show it in the light of - oh there go India and BCCI again benefiting from a poor decision as they do 90% of the times, or whatever that made up stat was. That was just an insensible thing to say.

Its nonsense from Pak fielders. You cannot keep grassing catches against the WC favorites, when defending a parltry total of just over 200. Not the greatest shot from Maxwell either. But the fielding has been terrible today.

Sets up a good SF. India vs Australia. Aus go in as favs, but if India hold on to the catches and score like 50 more runs for a start, we could be in for a cracker.

Pakistan has been going through a lot off-late with quite a many things, Bunch of Injuries, musical chair game for the top spot at PCB for the entire one year and some of the team management members and players fighting for captaincy throughout, while the other nations were busy preparing for the mega event. That's not an excuse for their performance, these are just facts, Nevertheless Pakistan was never prepared to win the WC. I have always felt right from the start that the team just wants to qualify for the Quarter-Finals or maximum Semi-Final. They never had the objective to go for the cup. The self-belief which is key to success in my view wasn't there in the first place. I have all the praise for Misbah-ul-haq for his brilliant batting performances over the years but under his captaincy Pakistan has never been an attacking side. Being a captain & being a batsman are two different things altogether, but then again you didn't have any choice except him to lead the side. Teams win with collective efforts under a strong leadership. You don't expect to win against the most strong cricketing side by dropping a dolly catch while defending such a low total, Its not a joke simple. You have to earn your place. Top teams won't give you cup in your hands. The top find out for Pakistan is Wahab Riaz. While Starc a new find few years ago for Australia has really become a top bowler now. Always expected from him to be one of the top bowlers one day.

PS: Never ever seen such a defensive coach like Waqar Younas. He should not have been Pak coach in the first place

Misbah has been one of the most solid character that has come out of Pakistan cricket in recent times. He wasn't the best captain but he brought a sense of calmness in an otherwise chaotic environment. His batting was ever reliable but they just did not have the team to compete this WC. It was just sad to see him getting so much criticism even though he has basically carried this team for last 4 years. Wahab Riaz's spell was brilliant today but again, Pakistan fielding is absolute shit and they are not even ready to improve it. 40 years old Misbah is more fit and a better fielder then the whole Pakistan team. Pakistan have some very good players but now they don't have anyone with leadership qualities. So I am not sure who will be their new captain? May be Maqsood? They also have to bring Fawad Alam back in their middle order. Pakistan will definitely miss Misbah for sure because now, they won't have anyone who can save them when they are in trouble.

Could someone remind me who was the person who lined up for National Anthem in todays game at Adelaide?

For more details regarding my question, please find the photo attached :) .

Regards,
Prithvi Raj.

Attachments

• upload_2015-3-20_21-20-27.png
    upload_2015-3-20_21-20-27.png
    222.2 KB · Views: 19
Well done Misbah and Afridi on their great careers! Again, both are so influential for Pakistan's performances that its going to be very interesting to see how Pakistan cope with this twin losses.

Wanted Pakistan to come to the semis but their batting was so weak that their bowling had too much to do to save them. Now just one more left, and ideally this should be a cakewalk of a QF for New Zealand. And I want them to win coz it will set up two crackerjack semifinals - NZ vs SAF and IND vs AUS.

Translation please?

lol, not sure i should be translating that video.

i love the part where the guy goes "sahi baat hai yaar", and just throws his friend under the bus when he was probably abusing rohit with him like 2 mins before that. classic indian brown-nosing.

Translation please?

Its hard to translate word for word. However the essence is that some Drunk Indian starts abusing Rohit and presumably calls him a failure.

Rohit takes offence and goes, okay if he is a failure then who the fk does the fan think he is. Rohit tells the fan he is drunk and should p*ss off. Of course there are a few choice curse words and abuses used by Rohit.

Praveen then joins them and he tells the fan that the fan should say what he has to say to Praveen and that Praveen will break his arse.

Rohit then ends by saying that fan is an Indian too, and should be more careful about what he is doing and instead the fans keep disturbing the practice. They neither let them play nor practice. The squabble ends at that.

Users who are viewing this thread