Quick question about the grounds...

STLIndian

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
To each their own, just because you do not have the capacity to appreciate baseball does not mean it doesn't exist.

I don't have the capacity to appreciate baseball? ROFL.

I watch plenty of baseball. Im a diehard Cardinals fan. I play fantasy baseball obsessively. I know more about it than 99.9% of Americans do. But that doesn't mean going to the games isn't boring.

Last edited:

6ry4nj

International Coach
Foul ball nets? are comparable to riot cages to keep crowds in line, thanks for the laugh

Lol thanks right back atcha, but they're not really for foul balls, are they? A foul ball speared into the crowd might hurt someone, but lobbed a mile in the air? Similarly they're not trying to hold onto their balls - they give dozens of balls (including foul balls) away every game. We were talking about missiles and the real reason for those high fences is to prevent missiles from being lobbed at the nearby players, officials and dugouts.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
To each their own, just because you do not have the capacity to appreciate baseball does not mean it doesn't exist.

I'd say it would be the other way around, most Americans don't have to capacity to appreciate cricket.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Though I know not a question to ask, but still I would like to know that should I go to watch out the 2nd Quarter Final at Motera?The ticket price is 2800 INR including the transport.Its for the pavilion.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
England vs WI game was 2 days back. It was by far one of the greatest days of all time.

The experience was phenomenal. The ground and the facilities are simply world class, everything is pristine inside, just great. our seats were brilliant, right on the ground just behind long on/fine leg/third man and absolutely right next to the English dressing room. I could see right into it, and the players walking in and walking out too. Such a great match to boot, I was rooting for the Windies but i will take the English victory (as long as it doesn't affect india) as you can see as they are all just great blokes. Windiens are cool as well, Pollard was regularly fielding next to us as was Russel who turned out to be the surprising star of the match. Tredwell too, and he was MOM! I guess I was just lucky :p.

Food was great and clean, bathrooms were clean, and it was surprisingly cool in the stadium. It is right next to the beach so the cool breeze is so refreshing. Like you are on the beach.

Graeme Swann is such a boss. When walking off after the victory, I yelled to Swanny 'Sprinker, Swanny!' and HE ACTUALLY DID IT. Not even kidding. Graeme Swann and I shared a moment... I think he has easily elevated himself to my top bracket of favorite cricketers. I am talking Dinesh Karthik level here folks.

And GAYLE!! What entertainment! After a scrappy English innings it was so fantastic to see someone hit a ball like that. So many fours came near where we were sitting and they thudded into the pavilion terrace and the adboards at such a great speed... amazing.

Tomorrow is the India-WI game and I am pumped. I won't be sitting in the pavillion however so the experience will be totally different. I won't be as close to the players but this the beauty of watching India play in India, in the real crowd. Gonna be awesome.

oh and i was just at the Nike store and I bumped into Darren Bravo. Great guy.

I'm having an amazing time here in Chennai. I have 6 hours of HW to do tonight and my grades have dropped tremendously, but it is totally worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread