Random Thoughts

Yeppers. Love the SFS, best stadium. Great place to watch football. I usually stand about 4 rows from the front in the Cove, just next to the top left hand corner of the goal. Great view. When Aloisi ran from halfway and thundered the ball into the top left hand corner from outside the box, that was simply amazing. Had the best view ever of the ball going in.

No, ANZ would be more like that I suppose. SFS seats 47k, it's a nice little stadium. Has an awesome atmosphere.

At the SFS you are real close to the action too.

That would be like Telstra Dome. The viewing is a lot better than at the G, because you're closer to the action and a full crowd gives you great atmosphere.

Full crowds at any stadium gives you great atmosphere. Even down here at Belelrive Oval, it's brilliant if it's a full house.

Wait, is Etihad stadium the Telstra Dome?

mattfb added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Full crowds at any stadium gives you great atmosphere. Even down here at Belelrive Oval, it's brilliant if it's a full house.

Depending on the stadium, it doesn't need to be full. SFS with 25k on Sunday was my best sporting experience ever. The home end was full and so the noise being made there was amazing, and because of the ground structure the noise stays in the stadium - unlike ANZ (Unless it is like 60k+ full) - so the atmosphere was the best I have ever experienced.

Agree with you. Another example is the Big Bash game down here against w.a, I think 5,00 turned up but that was the game Rana was fantastic and the crowd was going berserk.

Agree with you. Another example is the Big Bash game down here against w.a, I think 5,00 turned up but that was the game Rana was fantastic and the crowd was going berserk.

Yeah, I remember watching that game. Some stadiums have some amazing atmosphere, even when theres not a huge crowd.

mattfb added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

I always find the sides are too far away fom the action at Etihad when watching the Victory. That's what it looks like from TV at least.

Nah, I've been to the footy there, and even if you're on the top tier it feels as if you're 10 metres away.

Fair enough. I really wanna go down there one day to see Sydney vs Melbourne. The atmosphere always seems good on TV. When I'm older it's something I'll definetely do. Wouldn't cost much.

You better do it soon! We're gonna move to the rectangular stadium in a season or two.

Ah, I'll probs never get it done then. I wouldn't be allowed to go down by myself within a year or 2. Oh well, I just wanna go on a Sydney vs Melbourne away trip ;)

Users who are viewing this thread