Random Thoughts

Anyone know where I can get the full list of smileys available on PC? I sometimes see people post smileys that are not in the post box (guy smashing head on wall, whipped etc)

EDIT: Found it, I am a ******

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8573565.stm

Steamy text messages have resulted in a three-month jail sentence for a Indian man and an Indian woman in Dubai.

This is the latest in a series of cases where foreigners have been found to have broken Dubai's conservative laws.

Earlier this week, a British couple said they would appeal a one-month jail sentence for exchanging a passionate kiss in a restaurant.

In 2008, two Britons were sentenced to three months in jail for what authorities described as sex on the beach. The sentences were later suspended.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was bad. It doesn't help that I was out last night and spent a couple of hours dancing in a club. But I'm up now and ready to go for my run just a shame it is totally pissing down outside but at least it will keep me cool

That was weird. Rain stopped the moment I stepped outside and I got to witness an amazing sunrise. Was hard though with 3 pints of cider rumbling around inside me and I swear whatever direction I ran was uphill and into the wind, but the body is no longer hurting and I am recovering quicker. Think I have got the hardest bit (i.e. the start) out of the way now, all about getting into a routine :)

End of week 3 of uni and I am already mentally tired. Just let this end :crying A huge fliping assignment (that is always scrutinised) due Monday (every bloody fortnight :noway) and I haven't even started working on my year project yet :facepalm

At least you know what an "inside the park home run" is. :)

:banana

Oh Snap.

Laws are Laws. UAE is a very conservative country. Public displays of affection are a HUGE no-no.

But the SMSing thing - WTF?? I've never heard of anything like that, like, ever. It's insane. Nothing's being spoken about that here, nothing in the newspapers (and they've reported the other stuff). I'm not so sure that part is exactly true.

Oh Snap.

Laws are Laws. UAE is a very conservative country. Public displays of affection are a HUGE no-no.

But the SMSing thing - WTF?? I've never heard of anything like that, like, ever. It's insane. Nothing's being spoken about that here, nothing in the newspapers (and they've reported the other stuff). I'm not so sure that part is exactly true.

They were charged with and found guilty planning to "commit sin." I don't think basing you're laws on the concept of "sin" is appropriate in the 21st century. But hey, some parts of the world are still morally and mentally in the 16th century.

John Terry and Ashley Cole would be spending life in jail in the UAE:D

a) Not my laws. I'm not Arab, I don't like UAE. I just live here.

b) I'm pretty sure that planning to 'commit sin' isn't illegal in UAE. IE you can say and do what you want at home and over the net or the phone, as long as not in public. + I haven't heard anything about this story, so I don't think it really happened, or that there is more to it than reported in the article. I'll ask around and see, bound to find out what actually happened over the next few days.

a) Not my laws. I'm not Arab, I don't like UAE. I just live here.

b) I'm pretty sure that planning to 'commit sin' isn't illegal in UAE. IE you can say and do what you want at home and over the net or the phone, as long as not in public. + I haven't heard anything about this story, so I don't think it really happened, or that there is more to it than reported in the article. I'll ask around and see, bound to find out what actually happened over the next few days.

Ohhh Zorax, Zorax, Zorax "You're" meant the country you live in not "You're views" :p

I know you don't agree with a lot of the laws there. It wasn't meant as an attack on you. Chin up champ :)

Zorax why are you in the UAE? Are you living with parents or there for university?

Users who are viewing this thread