Random Thoughts

Yup, less reliability for a job as a Journalist. You are going to struggle a lot, especially in the initial years, and I can't do that.

I'd loved to have studied Eco, Psychology and English too, but hey, I'm good in Math and Physics and enjoy those subjects too. Might as well become and engineer and keep my writing/psycho-analysis/economic following as a hobby ;)

Not pay the bills? Journalism is a well paid job here in the UK, and I imagine even more so in America. I suppose sport in the Middle East isn't as iconic as it is here.

It's such a fragile job market though. Not easy at all.

True, it is, that's why I hope to do a TV & Film Production and Journalism course at Lincoln. Gives me more option, although both markets are quite small. Still, I'd rather do something I love. Screw money/a lifestyle :p

Just inherit lots of money and your problem is solved. Dunno what all the fuss is about

:p

Haha, I reckon that's going to happen to me, eventually.

But, you know...I'd rather have my own legacy and do my own thing and make my own money. It's just more satisfying. Not depend on what my parents have achieved in their lives.

You would expect it really. People wouldn't have signed up to a cricket forum to write about their opinions if they didn't enjoy mixing the two concepts. I for one would love to write for a website or newspaper, combines everything I've learnt really: Media, English and PE.

I want to go in completely the other direction; want to do TV/Radio.

Maney2k9 said:
I want to go in completely the other direction; want to do TV/Radio.

Trouble with that is that most of the jobs are researches, it'll be very difficult to actually be the one on air. Would be fantastic if you could though. I'll slate your comments in my future newspaper ;)

I have every confidence I can blag my way in front of the mic/camera. These looks come with benefits ;)

I think they will have his school grades already. He shouldn't really know anything about engineering before doing the course. It's not something you get taught at school.

But they'll want people who take an active interest in engineering i.e. students who have learned things about it without being spoonfed.

And as for the topic of inheriting money if I made millions I probably wouldn't leave much/any for any potential kids I may have.

I'd definitely leave all my money to kids. But under conditions. X amount after graduation from college, Y amount after obtaining a Masters degree, Z amount about getting married, etc.

And yes, that's what I'm worried about. In a 15 minute interview I'll have to appear smart, mature, confident with a good grasp of English and an active interest in Engineering. Oh, and I'll need to show that I'm good with people too.

Ok, shake his hand, do a maths equation on a chalk board whilst explaining it in fluent English before explaining your interests in Engineering. Then talk to him about his hobbies and shake his hand once again. That about covers all of these things :p

Seriously though, good luck with it.

I'd definitely leave all my money to kids. But under conditions. X amount after graduation from college, Y amount after obtaining a Masters degree, Z amount about getting married, etc.

:laugh

That sounds horrible, trust fund when your 18 ftw!

Users who are viewing this thread