Random Thoughts

Inside cricket are located in Sydney... I tried for fourfourtwo, so so so badly wanted to get there. Also tried Big League, but I wanted to get Inside Cricket more. So stoked for it. Gonna be great.
Sigh :( I'm doing it at the Herald Sun though, so should be pretty good still. Although I hear the 'slow times' are pretty dull.

Just applied to UK myself. Got offers from Warwick, Manchester, Kent and Leicester. Yet to make up my mind on which two unis to hold on. Any suggestions, as some of you probably know much more about them then I do

Warwick and Manchester are very good uni's, don't know about Leicester and Kent is a rather random one, not sure why you would want to go to that one?

Yeah, I've heard good things about Warwick and Manchester. Some people don't like Warwick's location though? I think it's Warwick, can't remember.

Mock exams atm. Horrid stuff. Considering...it's tons harder than the boards.

Warwick and Manchester are very good uni's, don't know about Leicester and Kent is a rather random one, not sure why you would want to go to that one?

Well, Kent was my back-up option, last year they came to my school for a presentation and said their usual offers are ABC, so I was kinda looking for that :p. Manchester and Warwick are the better Unis of the four, and some family friends of mine, who have lived in UK, told me that Leicester is also a good option. Atm I am planning to go for either Warwick and Manchester (1st and 2nd Choice respectively) OR Manchester and Leicester (1st & 2nd).

Warwick and Kent have asked for 2 A's and B, whereas Manchester and Leicester want an A and 2 Bs.

Btw I am planning to do Law, thought I'd mention it. What would you recommend?

Yeah, I've heard good things about Warwick and Manchester. Some people don't like Warwick's location though? I think it's Warwick, can't remember.

Mock exams atm. Horrid stuff. Considering...it's tons harder than the boards.

Mocks, done with them, just passed through :p Althought they are alot easier than the real ones for me. For us, the teachers usually give a past paper or so and I kinda predicted the paper which was gonna come for the mock and I was right :D

Meh, I'm doing AS and A2 of 2 subjects in one year(those doing the British system may understand that). Both subjects are what we classify as the 4 hardest subjects in our school, Physics and Pure Maths. The other 2 would be Biology(because of the amount of portion) and Economics. It's pretty bad, I haven't gone out a lot this year. But, the mocks end one day before my Birthday and boards in a month, so parteyyyy. :D

This new A* thing is pissing off though. A is easy to get, but the A* system this year means we need to work some. Teachers claim that Unis won't take it into consideration however. Not to mention, USA Unis consider A* and A as the same grade...so yeah.

I'm doing what LL's doing. To get an A*, you need a minimum of 80% in your 3 modules that you cover in AS, and 90% in the 3 modules done at A levels. So I need to nail these board exams, and I'm getting A*s in Chem and Phy.

Meh, I'm doing AS and A2 of 2 subjects in one year(those doing the British system may understand that). Both subjects are what we classify as the 4 hardest subjects in our school, Physics and Pure Maths. The other 2 would be Biology(because of the amount of portion) and Economics. It's pretty bad, I haven't gone out a lot this year. But, the mocks end one day before my Birthday and boards in a month, so parteyyyy. :D

This new A* thing is pissing off though. A is easy to get, but the A* system this year means we need to work some. Teachers claim that Unis won't take it into consideration however. Not to mention, USA Unis consider A* and A as the same grade...so yeah.

So you are giving A Level Pure Maths and Physics? Which Board?

I am giving CIE board exams, did my AS Maths, Chem. and Physics last year, giving Physics complete A Level again and Chemistry and Maths A2.

Edexcel.

But, I'm sure I'll pass my mocks. :p 70s, if I'm lucky 80s. Haven't studied a lot really. But, then, I go through this every year and achieve distinction in the finals, so all's good. :p

Before A Levels, it used to be 90s with ease, with or without studying. Not the case anymore though. The board jump in my school is huge from 11th to A Levels, since we switch from a mixture of GCSE/IGCSE to GCE.

Just applied to UK myself. Got offers from Warwick, Manchester, Kent and Leicester. Yet to make up my mind on which two unis to hold on. Any suggestions, as some of you probably know much more about them then I do

Warwick is the best uni speaking academically, but it isn't the most thrilling place in the world.

Manchester is probably the "best" city out of the lot, and it's also the second best uni academically, I'd pick there. And where I'm from I'm supposed to hate manchester.

My IB exams start on May 4th. Joy.

I am planning to go to University of British Columbia in Vancouver next year.

My Board Exams start with M1 on 24 May. My next exam after that is on 16 June.

Between 16 June and 29th June, I have 6 exams. Between 24th May and 16th June, just one.

Such a silly timetable :p

My IB exams start on May 4th. Joy.

I am planning to go to University of British Columbia in Vancouver next year.

Oh, UBC is very scenic. Pretty good Uni too, although not as good as McGill, and maybe, Waterloo(some courses).

Yeah, Zorax, I have a 15 day break in the middle too. And then like 5 exams the next 4 days or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread