Random Thoughts

Our school fees break down that we pay 43p per minute we are at school.

Can't go wasting money now Ollie, we've only just come out of a recession :p

Student Finance can suck my dick. Just found out I won't get the full grant because you submit financial details from 2 years ago, not one. My step-dad had been out of work for almost a year and my mum worked part-time for little pay. Would've got the full grant, now it looks like student loans for numerous years after Uni.

Not happy :mad:

Student Finance can suck my dick. Just found out I won't get the full grant because you submit financial details from 2 years ago, not one. My step-dad had been out of work for almost a year and my mum worked part-time for little pay. Would've got the full grant, now it looks like student loans for numerous years after Uni.

Similar for me. Only my dad had been in and out of work, for 2 years, but worked for the all the year they were basing it on.

My mum wrote a letter explaining it and I got more of a grant than if it was based off the stuff from 2 years ago. I think.

That's madness. I hate how these things work. The most deserving people never end up getting the help they need.

Similar for me. Only my dad had been in and out of work, for 2 years, but worked for the all the year they were basing it on.

My mum wrote a letter explaining it and I got more of a grant than if it was based off the stuff from 2 years ago. I think.

May just write in a letter then. It was the same thing with EMA this year. When we applied my step-dad was out of work but they took it from a year before, so even though in that situation I should've got ?30 a week I only get ?10.

Down with labour!

treva added 6 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

It now seems like ?33 more of household income will cost us ?1k grant...

I wasn't entitled to any EMA at 6th form.

Despite being not that well off, and a lad whose parents made a lot of money and are retired and living off got it.

Also the lad whose dad worked away from home a lot, yet raked it in got ema.

I don't actually agree with EMA anyway, and the way it was dished out was farcical.

My brother got 5 pound a week about 3-4 years before I started 6th form, honestly. 5 pounds a week. what is the point? didn't even cover the bus fare for the week.

Woah hang on a second. You are only getting ?10 a week so about ?40 a month right? Is that all you get?

For going to college.

Right, well it's all sorted on my behalf. Just need my mum and step-dad to fill out the household income applications. My mum's going to write a letter explaining the situation so we'll see what kind of reply that gets.

Our household income for 2008/2009 was ?30,033. This put us ?33 above the band below which would is the difference of a fair amount of money. We'll see how it goes, but it aint half farcical.

Seeing your story made me ask my mum if she sent off her/dad's side of the deal.

Wound me up something rotten, told me she forgot.

Users who are viewing this thread