PS3: Ranji Trophy Competition | Punjab Warriors (Kushari) WIN THE LEAGUE

I'm discussing the fixtures with Ishaan and it should be out in the next few days. I have the fixtures planned, once Ishaan approves we can select dates. Ishaan will communicate the pre-match options such as weather, venue, etc.

I'm discussing the fixtures with Ishaan and it should be out in the next few days. I have the fixtures planned, once Ishaan approves we can select dates. Ishaan will communicate the pre-match options such as weather, venue, etc.

@arjwiz but if the online play was as buggy as it was our game yesterday, I am really doubtful of how a competitive game is possible till a proper fix come out with 2nd patch..If T10 has so many issues, think what will happen with Test Match online..I think online game will be 50% skill and 50% Luck..Most importantly, we have to make sure, we dont bowl consecutive no balls/wides in a short span or else game may be awarded to opponent after 02/03 warning..Lets hope for the best..

Markkk suggested that to figure out if you are playing against an edited team, look at the stars of the opposition before you start the game. If there are more than initially created (such as if he has a 4.5 or 5 star batting or bowling), then assume there has been an edit.

I think this is a fair enough solution. Especially since we can all trust each other not to cheat (because if we do edit our teams, we will be EASILY found out!)

Ishaan and I have agreed on the fixture format. I will announce the matches and the dates soon. Ishaan will then announce the match conditions.

----------

@Ishaan k when are you going to upload Kerala, Jharkhand and Delhi?

Uploaded Kerala already

----------

Jharkand is half done

----------

Then my internet crashed

@arjwiz but if the online play was as buggy as it was our game yesterday, I am really doubtful of how a competitive game is possible till a proper fix come out with 2nd patch..If T10 has so many issues, think what will happen with Test Match online..I think online game will be 50% skill and 50% Luck..Most importantly, we have to make sure, we dont bowl consecutive no balls/wides in a short span or else game may be awarded to opponent after 02/03 warning..Lets hope for the best..

The biggest problem was the auto-forfeit. I haven't heard this happen any other time. This is what BigAnt just said:

There is no auto forfeit feature. We are attempting to reproduce this issue in our offices but are as of yet unable to.

There should be no such point at which the game automatically accepts a forfeit. You should be able to continue as normal.

Since that is unlikely to occur again, we should be ready to go with our tournament. So let us hope this doesn't happen during any of our games, rather than waiting. We don't know when a Patch 2 will come out, and what bugs it will really fix.

Let us start the tournament and see how we all felt after the first round.

I have made the fixtures, just need to decide the dates. It is a single league with each team playing 4 other teams.

Ishaan and I will post detailed fixtures and rules soon. It will be a 100 over per team match, spread over two innings per team. So if Team A bats 75 overs in their first innings, they will only have 25 overs in their next innings.

@Ishaan k @azad @honu999 @kushari @bradthelad @Solomon @Sarvesh_aus @valerian140

THE TOURNAMENT WILL BEGIN ON 3 MAY 2014. PLEASE BE PREPARED!

Use the upcoming days to practice your game with your teams and to set up online practice games with other teams.

Almost all teams are uploaded. Skill verification will be done by me and completed by the weekend - hopefully there are zero changes required. @Ishaan k please upload Delhi, Kerala and Jharkhand by Friday 25th.

Kerala is up Jharkand is done but not up and Delhi is also done but not up will be done when I get home today

@arjwiz & @Ishaan k .. Hats Off to you guys!!
Good Luck to all of us. I hope I will have the game by tomorrow. I will be taking crash courses from you guys if required :wave

RANJI TROPHY FIXTURES

The tournament is divided into four matchdays (rounds). There is one single league, with each team playing four other teams pre-selected at random. All this was fairly complex to set up, so please do not request changes unless absolutely necessary.

The winner of the tournament is the team that gets the highest points after their four games.

Details of points system and of match rules are in the first post of this thread.

Matchday 1: 3 May to 16 May

Punjab Warriors vs Royal Bengal Tigers
Tamil Super Lions vs Karnataka Cyborgs
Mumbai Scorpions vs Delhi Diamond Cutters
Baroda Giants XI vs Jharkhand Heroes

Matchday 2: 17 May to 30 May

Punjab Warriors vs Tamil Super Lions
Royal Bengal Tigers vs Karnataka Cyborgs
Baroda Giants XI vs Mumbai Scorpions
Delhi Diamond Cutters vs Jharkhand Heroes

Matchday 3: 31 May to 13 June

Punjab Warriors vs Jharkhand Heroes
Royal Bengal Tigers vs Baroda Giants XI
Tamil Super Lions vs Delhi Diamond Cutters
Mumbai Scorpions vs Karnataka Cyborgs

Matchday 4: 14 June to 27 June

Punjab Warriors vs Mumbai Scorpions
Royal Bengal Tigers vs Delhi Diamond Cutters
Tamil Super Lions vs Baroda Giants XI
Karnataka Cyborgs vs Jharkhand Heroes

Matchday 5: 28 June to 7 July

Punjab Warriors vs Baroda Giants XI
Royal Bengal Tigers vs Mumbai Scorpions
Tamil Super Lions vs Jharkhand Heroes
Karnataka Cyborgs vs Delhi Diamond Cutters

Match details such as venue, weather and pitch conditions will be provided for each match by Ishaan (Ishaan please send me these details in a PM or via email and I will add it to this post). If you don't have these details, randomise playing conditions.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Last edited:
Well done!! Looks great. Just a few queries

1. How many overs in a session or a day
2. When can we opt for a new bowl?
3. At what stage should there be a mandatory save game so that there won't be any chance of exiting while not doing well / Power Failure / Freeze etc...

Well done!! Looks great. Just a few queries

1. How many overs in a session or a day
2. When can we opt for a new bowl?
3. At what stage should there be a mandatory save game so that there won't be any chance of exiting while not doing well / Power Failure / Freeze etc...

1. 70 overs
2. I didn't know the game had a new ball, wow! 35 overs?
3. That should be up to the managers. I would do it every 10 overs.

Detailed match rules are still to come, these are just the fixtures. But feel free to ask your questions since it will bring up good points such as the ones you raised.

1. 70 overs
2. I didn't know the game had a new ball, wow! 35 overs?
3. That should be up to the managers. I would do it every 10 overs.

Detailed match rules are still to come, these are just the fixtures. But feel free to ask your questions since it will bring up good points such as the ones you raised.

@arjwiz Looking forward to detail Rules and playing conditions...have the rules and conditions ready by this weekend, so that we can ask you if anything needed to be clear out.

Users who are viewing this thread