Real Cricket Real Cricket '14: Live: iOS & Android!

How do you guys rate Real Cricket? 14 Vs the Rest?

• The Best

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Better than Some

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • At Par

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • The Others are Better

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
Don't worry you don't need to do that ... I will let you know when we get approval from GPlay.
Once that happens you can wait couple hours and then start breaking your F5 key...thats also if you enjoy the experience. Or else I can let you know when it reflects on the store.
Any idea about the size?

^ Around 45-50MB

1. Although I cannot commit the exact size of the final build as we are still adding resources to the build but it would be hovering in the 50s could be less.

Last edited:
Right so most things in place. However our latest addition (saving feature) causing all sorts of headaches and random crashes. Trying all kinds of fixes but as it stands it causes quite a lot of time to load matches etc.
Looks like we're gonna have to write it all over again. Tempted to delay the release, but don't want to fall into the category of the many cricket games who have never stuck to their guns on their release date. Hence think we will release the game with the less than perfect implementation of the saving feature or just get rid of it for now and update with a brand new implementation of the saving feature in 8-10 days time.
Will release the game sometime on the 31st for sure (exact time depends on google play store's mood)
That's absolutely fine, take your time. I'd agree on adding up the save feature in the future updates as I think we can still manage without the save game feature .:thumbs

That's absolutely fine, take your time. I'd agree on adding up the save feature in the future updates as I think we can still manage without the save game feature .:thumbs

As long as the game does not crash on the 19th over of the 2nd innings of a T20 match ;)

As long as the game does not crash on the 19th over of the 2nd innings of a T20 match ;)
Maybe I misread his post? I thought he's saying the saving feature is what is causing problem and is a add on and there's already a default one for its purpose. Confused.

The game will be within 50 MB. More around the 45 MB mark to be precise.
I can confirm there will be a save feature in the game. And there will be a ball by ball autosave.
However, we were running into problems with regard to optimization.
So as it stands you will get an around 45 MB build (Not easy fitting in this much in that size in the first place!) with ball by ball autosaving in any match mode. The game will also have an autoplay (5 over) and autoplay (full innings) option. However the repercusion of this is that the game's overall load times are higher than i would like and the current implementation were causing crashes.
We have managed to fix the crashes to a larger extent but because of the timing of the issue cropping up (few hours before release) I am not certain that they 100% gone - do not have time to play entire game now.
We will be working on a brand new saving implementation which might do away with the ball by ball saving and switch to an over by over saving which would effectively help us by assuring much better build stability and performance.

^^Sounds great. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Ball by ball saving? seems pretty impressive. If Im able to play the helicopter shot.. I wouldn't mind facing few or some crashes. I feel that this game is going to get an awesome response. Take your time, implement the new features. :). All the best guys!!

Looking forward to this game. Fed up of playing Stick Cricket over and over again. All the Best. :)

Delay in Release

Hi Guys

With deep regret I announce that there would be a delay in the release of Real Cricket'14. This delay has been caused by last minute issues which started popping up yesterday (mentioned some in a couple of posts in the evening).
We thought we managed to overcome those issues but several continuos days and nights of pushing ourselves actually caused us to err more and create even more issues.
As of this moment, we have withdrawn our approval request to google play. The RC'14 team would like to apologise deeply for letting all of you down and falling down the barrel of other cricket games who never seem to have met their release dates.
That said, the delay being mentioned here would not comprise of a month or anything like that but would be more in terms of days. I would be in a better position to give you a more clear update tomorrow evening considering the situation being so sudden and unanticipated.
At the end of the day, the call was mine and I have chosen the wrath of several people eagerly awaiting the release/ staying awake all night instead of releasing a game which would not live up to their or my expectations.

Once again, apologies

We will be back, just need some time to get "Real"

Stay tuned in for an update towards the evening tomorrow.

Hi Guys

With deep regret I announce that there would be a delay in the release of Real Cricket'14. This delay has been caused by last minute issues which started popping up yesterday (mentioned some in a couple of posts in the evening).
We thought we managed to overcome those issues but several continuos days and nights of pushing ourselves actually caused us to err more and create even more issues.
As of this moment, we have withdrawn our approval request to google play. The RC'14 team would like to apologise deeply for letting all of you down and falling down the barrel of other cricket games who never seem to have met their release dates.
That said, the delay being mentioned here would not comprise of a month or anything like that but would be more in terms of days. I would be in a better position to give you a more clear update tomorrow evening considering the situation being so sudden and unanticipated.
At the end of the day, the call was mine and I have chosen the wrath of several people eagerly awaiting the release/ staying awake all night instead of releasing a game which would not live up to their or my expectations.

Once again, apologies

We will be back, just need some time to get "Real"

Stay tuned in for an update towards the evening tomorrow.

All the best @mav77mortal.....I hope u will come up with a good game..

Disappointing for sure, but I think it's a good decision in the end. As they say, first impression is the last impression - you wouldn't want to have a "bad" initial version in the market. We have DBC14 which will take most of our time and attention over the next few days/weeks, so few more days waiting for this should be fine. Good luck :)

Actually,I guess it was the need of the hour...It is better to release your creation with perfection rather than releasing a standalone version and receiving criticism and lowering your ratings.I know you guys have the potential to blast past the top game devs.You'll do awesome...Good luck!:)

Understandable. No worries. I for one wouldn't mind waiting for some more time if that means getting a balanced game. Hope you guys get things sorted out soon :thumbs

Just now found out about the game. Finally something to keep me glued to until DBC arrives in June on PC.

Users who are viewing this thread