Really giving up with batting?!!

I have yet to do this.. yet again, working up the confidence to try first before I put it into my arsonal.

mate, its actually quite easy - LAS = up, RAS = down! your batsman will even do this on a straight ball headed for middle stump as long as you time it. The only problem is that you start to overly premeditate lol..ie. I'll be telling myself 'watch the ball...watch the ball'...then when the bowler bowls, I'm automatically selecting the late cut...but the ball is going legside! lol.

Anyway, works with every bowler except maybe the spinner (I've purposefully avoided using this on spinners because its almost a guaranteed knick, but may still work). Mind you, the cut shot works perfectly for spinners (LAS = up, RAS = right).

Mind you, the cut shot works perfectly for spinners (LAS = up, RAS = right).

Yeah, that's now my go to shot with a open off side field when he pitches out wide. Of course, it's not long before they shut that down and I have to go for something else.

I've figured out part of the reason I have problems. The trigger for playing a stroke is _very_ early in the movement of the stick - so sometimes when I go to play a stroke, I get a different one because I moved the stick in a curved fashion, rather than straight to the edge.

I'd quite like to have a dead spot in the middle of the travel.

I've figured out part of the reason I have problems. The trigger for playing a stroke is _very_ early in the movement of the stick - so sometimes when I go to play a stroke, I get a different one because I moved the stick in a curved fashion, rather than straight to the edge.

I'd quite like to have a dead spot in the middle of the travel.

I wonder if you can use control of a fielder to find when the game kicks in to movement. I also wonder if there is a setting in the PS3/XBox that allows you to adjust it like you can with a controller plugged into the PC.

This could be the main reason for mis hits, because I too find that I'm curving my stick instead of going straight.

Yeah, that's now my go to shot with a open off side field when he pitches out wide. Of course, it's not long before they shut that down and I have to go for something else.

Wait, are you talking about a front foot cut?? against a spinner? and this works?? blimey, im not sure about that, when do you play the shot, because this seems real risky

and also

the Late cut, you guys are saying left analogue = up and right analogue straight down will play this??

----------

Jee, there are alot of frustrated people out here.....

all I can say is if you think your frustrated now, wait until you git international level lol!!

anyways, im not giving up on things, yet I do understand everyones frustrations, every time i think i got the hang of it, i will spend a night getting out for single digits every time

and Im in my 5th seasons with over 4,000 first class runs, and i still struggle!!

the front foot late cut could be the answer to my issues. if i can get the AI to park fielders down there, my strengths will come into play everywhere else. and before they park fielders down to 3rd man, easy runs down there should boost my offside/backfoot weaknesses.:clap

gonna try this tonight

I wonder if you can use control of a fielder to find when the game kicks in to movement. I also wonder if there is a setting in the PS3/XBox that allows you to adjust it like you can with a controller plugged into the PC.

This could be the main reason for mis hits, because I too find that I'm curving my stick instead of going straight.

Good point. I'm an old school PC player from the days where anything and everything in a game could be done on a keyboard. Other than the variable power that you can get on a block shot from playing around with the right trigger, there is no reason why you can't play it on a keyboard, similar to many cricket games of the past. I think I might even be more precise in my shot selection than I currently am. It actually drives me crazy when my batsman gets bowled/caught ect. and when I look down I see that I didn't press straight up like I intended to do, but more like 30degrees on the left stick. If the analogue sticks are actually put to good use e.g. determine the power of the shot, this will be a different story, but for now they are not being used any better than what you can do on a keyboard.

Sigh, I do not but then I don't play test cricket in Don Bradman either....

mate, its actually quite easy - LAS = up, RAS = down! your batsman will even do this on a straight ball headed for middle stump as long as you time it. The only problem is that you start to overly premeditate lol..ie. I'll be telling myself 'watch the ball...watch the ball'...then when the bowler bowls, I'm automatically selecting the late cut...but the ball is going legside! lol.

Anyway, works with every bowler except maybe the spinner (I've purposefully avoided using this on spinners because its almost a guaranteed knick, but may still work). Mind you, the cut shot works perfectly for spinners (LAS = up, RAS = right).

+1 to you on that. This shot has become my go-to shot when I first come to the crease - gets me 16-20 runs (99% of the time) . Usually I also press the left trigger, so this ends up becoming an uppercut. The other useful benefit like you'd mentioned is that the AI moves in 1-2 fielders to that area usually opening up the mid-off region.

Like you advice on using the cut shot to the spinners - never tried it until now. Relied only on drives (as per the line of the ball) with reasonable success. But will not hurt to be able to manipulate the field better. :D

I am just getting the feel of this game in the batting section.. The way they have developed is just amazing and HATS Off to big ant.. i was cursing initially when i dont see a fielding map while batting.. but that adds an extra value to your wicket.. very good AI as well.. it just waits for couple of balls and if i play the same stroke a fielder is placed there.. i am forced to think in this game.. what else would you want.. think and be patient.. im in my second year of the career as a finger spinning All rounder and got my first 50.. of 21 balls :) 11 fours and 1 six.. and 5 of the boundaries came over the third man region.. which spread across 4 overs and 3 different bowlers.. and this tastes so well coz my average for last season in county was 2.75 and OD was 5.75 ...:cheers

No probs. I batted this evening in a 4 day match and got to 66 without much effort before being runout at the non strikers end even though I hit 'cancel run' twice. I've raised this before. I had NOT called for a run, but the ball was hit straight to the bowler.

Part of this stupid runout issue is the fact that BA purposefully put the batsman outside the crease (non strikers' end) before the ball is even bowled. If they had left the non striker in their crease, you would've saved a lot of silly runouts.

C'mon Big Ant....most of these silly issues should've been picked up by you guys before being rushed out the door. The career mode is currently an exercise in joy and frustration at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread