Release Date-August 7 ( New Trailer, July 16 )

They should release Demo cause Its been to long since the last cricket game released
somebody pls tell Codies that to not strech fans hopes too much!!!!!!!!!
we r expecting this since announcement of this game , H W requirments looks gr8 graphics looks gr8 too not sure abt the game play,but hope is the key
lets hope for the best and prepare for the worst !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NSFCE

samvaze added 9 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

dont know if they have addressed the issue of stationary posture of batsman after playing the shot (BLIC05,BLIC07 Batsman stands steady like Dumbass) it gives weierd look. eyesight
is not aligned with ball whilest playing shot
Fielder Throws Ball To The keepers End Facing Towerds Boundry Rope :D
these small errors makes it even worst.
i think these all flaws will be there in this version too so dont expect too much.
abt bowling: bowler runs like he is running on guided path with no rand movement in mocaps
or variation whatsoever.

Last edited:
hmmm ive just watched the trailer and as i mentioned before, eyes dosent follow the movement of the ball(having a close look at clarks shot - ball goes to the leg and he is looking towerds off side, what a shame!!!!) almost 2 yrs and still ....................... theses things make game even joyful
i will not buy this 1 b4 review's. graphics looks good but what abt minor details? they r still missing !!!!!!!!!!!!since 2005,
and they said that they built this1 form the scratch i guess they porbabely talking abt BLIC2007 cause its a scratch
these kindaa tech. mistakes since last 5 yrs,i mean if batsman is not looking at the ball how can he hit? they should do some thing like (look at sys.,Aim) for batsman,bowler and fielders.

samvaze added 17 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Hardware Req. For ASHES 2009 PC DVD

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
-Windows XP/Vista. (if running Windows Vista SP1 or above is recommended)
-DirectX 9.0c
-2 Ghz Pentium or AMD™ equivalent
-1 GB RAM
-Graphics Card: GeForce 6800 / Radeon X1600 or above Shader 3.0 256MB RAM card
-DirectX Compatible Sound Card
-Dual layer DVD-ROM Drive
-2.5 GB Hard Drive Space

RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS
SUPPORTED GRAPHICS CARDS
ATI Radeon x1600, x1650, x1800, x1900, x1950, HD2400, HD2600, HD2900, HD3450, HD3470, HD3650, HD3850, HD3870, HD3870X2, HD4850, HD4870, HD4870X2, HD4890

NVIDIA Geforce 6800, 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950, 8400, 8500, 8600, 8800, 9600, 9800, 9800GX2, GTX260, GTX280, GTX285, GTX295

NETWORK/INTERNET PLAY REQUIREMENTS
OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Not compatible with all integrated sound/graphics solutions (inc.Laptops)

This product uses a copyright protection system.

Last edited:
^^ dont tell me it doesnt look the same....the gameplay might have improved but you cant really tell from the trailer....

so now less than 20 days to go..
if someone is goin to buy the game on day 1,please try to post a brief review on your first day experience..
i know its still early to talk of all this but still just reminding.

people said "ooh no info on the game,give us something,where is the trailer etc" (am one of 'em) :D
now when they got the trailer and release date , they say "bad trailer,release date too long,bad animations,similar to BLIC07,bad gameplay=bad AI etc"

so it cant be stopped i guess.comments on whatever they think will be posted.
just leave it as it is.they'll shut up when they play the game as i personally think its worth the wait (from the previews).

so be optimistic and wait for the game and till then watch the series.its going really well.i mean the spark of the series is at its peak.

Last edited:
tbh the video looks rubbish because all the batsmen are playing attacking shots !!! wait till a video or demo is released showing a proper test game with defensive shots and quick singles. cant slag off the game when you have only seen one 40 second video

tbh I after a while start skipping these animations as they get repetitive..
If the gameplay sucks, then we have an issue.. these animations don't do much for me.. as far as they are decent enuf like BLC07, i'm happy.. The AI has to be better than last two times..
I remember there were way too many fake promises by Codies last time and the way refused to comment post release, I almost didn't wanna buy any new cricket game from them, the support was a big let down..

I guess beggers can't be choosers.. I just hope its a good game that we can play for a while..

tbh I after a while start skipping these animations as they get repetitive..
If the gameplay sucks, then we have an issue.. these animations don't do much for me.. as far as they are decent enuf like BLC07, i'm happy.. The AI has to be better than last two times..
I remember there were way too many fake promises by Codies last time and the way refused to comment post release, I almost didn't wanna buy any new cricket game from them, the support was a big let down..

I guess beggers can't be choosers.. I just hope its a good game that we can play for a while..

Remember, the guys have played this one. They didn't play BLIC 2007 pre-release.

Edit: I've just watched the trailer again. Codemasters pitchads and Codies/Transmissions stumps: yuck. Surely if they've got the licences for the Npower Ashes series they could put Npower/Ashes pitchads on the pitches and proper stumps as well? Hope these can be edited as easily as EA's Cricket games could.

Last edited:
Remember, the guys have played this one. They didn't play BLIC 2007 pre-release.

Yeah man.. I am just going on their word now.. I have pre-ordered it and will collect it as soon as its out.. I like many others really want this game to be good enuf to last a few months at least.. I am sort of a person who followed the threads last time till the release and then followed the threads that everyone posted to set the fieldings and bowling in order to get realistic targets..

If the bowling sucks then I can still live with it and will generate their batting to get nice scores.. If batting is too easy with AI not testing you out, then it will be a big disappointment..

At the risk of sounding insane, I request the mods to put up a count down clock in anticipation of the release of the game.:happy

Users who are viewing this thread