Release Date-August 7 ( New Trailer, July 16 )

AI and gameplay are linked to animations. Poor animations = poor AI and gameplay.
Couldn't be more wrong to be fair, animations have nothing to do with AI and gameplay, completely separate entities. The batsman still hits the ball in the end, with the correct timing, and to the same spot as he would if the animations were better. The AI has absolutely nothing to do with gameplay; just because the animations are a tad off, doesn't mean the batsman won't block the ball, or play the same shot or run the same amount of runs as he would if the animations were proper...

Couldn't be more wrong to be fair, animations have nothing to do with AI and gameplay, completely separate entities. The batsman still hits the ball in the end, with the correct timing, and to the same spot as he would if the animations were better. The AI has absolutely nothing to do with gameplay; just because the animations are a tad off, doesn't mean the batsman won't block the ball, or play the same shot or run the same amount of runs as he would if the animations were proper...
The gameplay is more than just the scores and whathaveyou to me. It is about making the game feel and play like cricket. If the animations are as bad as they seem in the video, it just won't be a good game no matter how good the AI is.

The gameplay is more than just the scores and whathaveyou to me. It is about making the game feel and play like cricket. If the animations are as bad as they seem in the video, it just won't be a good game no matter how good the AI is.

But you said "Poor animations = poor AI and gameplay". That doesn't make sense.

All I know is. Accurate animations make the game feel so much better and are a big big part of the game.

But you said "Poor animations = poor AI and gameplay". That doesn't make sense.
It does make sense. If the AI is good, it will be made poor by the presence of poor animations.

I'm tired of people falsely claiming 'I don't care about anything else but gameplay'. No one truly believes that.

I'm tired of people falsely claiming 'I don't care about anything else but gameplay'. No one truly believes that.

Why do you think the Wii is such a success? What about the retro console movement with people playing snes and megadrive games?
Graphics aren't everything; I'm a bit suprised that not only do you seem to think that but that you doubt people who want good gameplay over good graphics.

It does make sense. If the AI is good, it will be made poor by the presence of poor animations.

But animations have absolutely NOTHING to do with AI in the first place, the AI is all about what shots are played, what balls are bowled, how many runs are made and what the fielders DO, not how they ACT.

I am with the gameplay folk here, its all about how the game plays. That being said if a batsman plays a back foot punch towards cover and the ball goes to mid wicket (Clarke in the video) it does sort of ruin it.

^ nope mate, i thought it was dreadful, but what are we going to do, its the only cricket game in 2 years. I am buying it even if its worse than the video,

its all in the gameplay , everything else follows:D
Gameplay and animations are linked, far more than graphics and extras like that. If the animations are like they are in the video, that immediately equals a bad game.

Did you actually read the thread? Everyone thinks it's not a great video; we're just optimistic that it's not an indicator of the game itself.

No, as if i can be bothered. But i flicked through and the general vibe seems to be that its 'okay' providing the gameplay is good.

But for an official trailer promoting the game they really did a bad job. Everything looked poor, including shots, bowling, everything!

Users who are viewing this thread