Release Date-August 7 ( New Trailer, July 16 )

I hope our PC playtesters and reviewers weren't somehow drugged into submission in the course of consuming Codemasters' soda and paninis.

mate you are spot on. This has the makings to be a humongous disaster. Codemasters has no shown no interest in promoting this game, even on their website they have the same description that they released on announcement and only the same 7 screens.

To be honest, I do not personally know any of the PC members who reviewed it or what their intentions are. I will still go by the assumption that they were impartial reviewers who think a good product is on the way.

HOWEVER besides the reviews of the PC members, everything I have seen has indicated this game will probably be a ████ fest. No demo, no gameplay footage and just a whole lot of propaganda. Quite fitting that the first trailer actually came out in the Sun then.

EDIT: Of course I will still buy it being a cricket starved gamer. However my expectations have dropped from being ecstatic (when the PC reviews came out) to now just hoping its a bit better than EA07.

The most telling sign of all is the lack of advertising and gameplay footage, I get the feeling that Codies thinks its a piece of crap and want to cut their losses short by not spending any monies on advertising and just taking whatever revenue they get from the copies that will sell to the niche market. (all of this is rampant speculation)

EDIT again : Max_Dillon is no more, he was found guilty of perpetrating one of the largest vcash frauds in PC history :)

Last edited by a moderator:
wow maximumdillon really is a cartoon villain! Could this be him?
EDIT: Scroll down till you get past the stolen playtest article

Ashes Cricket 2009 First-ever Hands On Preview - TechEnclave

The part about the brothers is excellent. Ladies and gentlemen, presenting specimen 1, a Caucasian man with 50% genetic identity to specimen II, a man from South Asia. Specimen II must have spent too much time in the sun.

Last edited:

QUOTE]

it could well be him WATCH OUT!!! :D

On serious note i think this game will be decent may be there is something else that we don't know about this. I think the website will be hopefully updated and codies might come up with new gameplay video with their announcement (I Wish this happen).....

From aforementioned forum:

"They are not idiots. IT is an insult to idiots to call mods of PC idiots. They are bunch of teenage racists. There were other people too who were asking questions but they banned me, earlier a english guy used swear words against me and when i replied i got banned for a week for swearing whereas that other guy didnt got any. Most of the time they enjoy the fight between Indians and Eng-Aus. But the moment any indian comes on top. Bam, he is banned and thread is closed.

Thats why i would be posting my mods on this forum from now on. It is run by some matured peoples. I was banned here too but they explained me why i was banned and removed my ban after 2 days coz i didnt know all the rules of the forum..."

scroll down to the middle
Ashes Cricket 2009 First-ever Hands On Preview - Page 2 - TechEnclave

Secret agent Maximum Dillon may be moonlighting as Jason Bourne. You have been warned!

kdudala added 2 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

QUOTE]

it could well be him WATCH OUT!!! :D

On serious note i think this game will be decent may be there is something else that we don't know about this. I think the website will be hopefully updated and codies might come up with new gameplay video with their announcement (I Wish this happen).....

Lets hope so mate. I just hope they haven't uncovered some fatal flaw or been unable to fix any of the issues they said were "under development" when the game was playtested. It is possible to $$$$ up a game post playtest by attempting something that ends up breaking the gameplay. But then I'm a paranoid cynic.

Well at the end of the day i am not expecting really an proper cricket sim. If its decent then i i will be happy. I have pre order the game only due to no other cricket game releasing in near future. Again a trailer does not exactly tell you how the game will turn out to be. There are bound to be bugs in the game but hopefully overweight by all the posetives.

codies might a very cynical marketing strategy which we still have not come across. I think the website should be updated tomorrow and hopefully an microsite for AC2009 and maybe a demo as well :p with their press release (As if that's gonna happen) LOL....

max_dillon is such a knobber. He said he "convinced" lazy to go to the UK testing. LMAO and there are countless posts on that forum from people who are telling him to "calm down" and take "a chill pill"
I guess a @$#$@ on one forum is a @$$#$ on any forum

Ashes Cricket 2009

Above is the Codies official site going live tomorrow with some exclusive content. Check back later if it's still redirecting to the Codies homepage.
Sun trailer and release date are official so we can take the ? out of the thread title. :)

I won't be disappointed by the game even if it looks like BLC'07.. the only issue wiht that game was poor AI and easy batting.. It was arcadey..

They couldn't patch it last time neither they designed it to be patched.. Anyways, if they have redesigned it to get patches and have updated the major flaws, whats so bad about the game..

I am not sure why some people make so much fuss about it.. Honestly, it won't please everyone.. It will never..

I am eagerly waiting for the release..

Is anyone from here appear as 'DRAVID' in codies forums?

DRAVID in Codies community said:
Sorry Helios i was not being rude or anything. What i meant was i would like to see proper in game footage By the way the trailer looks amazing though.

i have a really important question to Helios i wonder if you can help me out. Why is this not being promoted very well likewise DIRT2 and other. Why is codemasters not promoting the game on the actual website? There is no MicroSite nor there is fresh information about the game on the site. There 7 screenshots since launch of the game back in may on codmasters website. Why is PR really BS when it comes to this game? Please answer this question as it is really important. I am not here to argue i am just trying to see if there is a logical explanation for the strategy of marketing. thank you HELIOS.

Even I also wonder the same why there is some lack of interest shown by Codies? Why they are not releasing in their own site? Why they seem to take a step backward? Has anything gone wrong in the last minute? :sarcasm :p

Anyways, this

16/07 - First Ashes 09 trailer released and release date confirmed - Codemasters Forum

officially confirms the release date as well. So, yeah it's time to pre-order. :) Are anyone pre-ordering in India? If so, where are you guys doing that?

mate you are spot on. This has the makings to be a humongous disaster. Codemasters has no shown no interest in promoting this game, even on their website they have the same description that they released on announcement and only the same 7 screens.

To be honest, I do not personally know any of the PC members who reviewed it or what their intentions are. I will still go by the assumption that they were impartial reviewers who think a good product is on the way.

HOWEVER besides the reviews of the PC members, everything I have seen has indicated this game will probably be a ████ fest. No demo, no gameplay footage and just a whole lot of propaganda. Quite fitting that the first trailer actually came out in the Sun then.

EDIT: Of course I will still buy it being a cricket starved gamer. However my expectations have dropped from being ecstatic (when the PC reviews came out) to now just hoping its a bit better than EA07.

The most telling sign of all is the lack of advertising and gameplay footage, I get the feeling that Codies thinks its a piece of crap and want to cut their losses short by not spending any monies on advertising and just taking whatever revenue they get from the copies that will sell to the niche market. (all of this is rampant speculation)

EDIT again : Max_Dillon is no more, he was found guilty of perpetrating one of the largest vcash frauds in PC history :)

I disagree. I think the LACK of hype could in fact point to this being a great game. Usually when something is overhyped it has turned out to be rubbish.

I hope you are right. Any idea who the blond fellow bowling in the trailer is?

The bowling actions look very disappointing, look jerky and not fluid. The batting shots also dont look very fluid, hope the real game is better. Thought the bowling actions in EA were better

It's a sad state of affairs when your comments for the next cricket game are "I hope it's not too crappy". One day there will be a cricket game that will blow everything else out of the water, but I don't feel that the game being released in August is the one.

^I can understand the pessimism. Cricket gamers have been disappointed by below average games for such a long time. Ashes cricket 2009 may not be THE Game that many of us seek, but as long as it is a step in the right direction, we should give it a try.

This is my first post in this forum, but i have been regular visitor since 2005.

After going through the playtest reviews, i can understand the amount of hardwork put in by Transmission games team and their interest towards game of cricket. but, codies may have undone their good work by the pathetic marketing strategy.

After seeing the trailer and video, Few of us are already thinking that this game may not be a standard one which we were hoping for the past few months. I hope gameplay holds good to make the game a success.

Users who are viewing this thread