Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Nathanbrooks

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anyone agree?

Ashes 2009 has too much of a Brian Lara 05/07 feel. I felt those titles were too cartoonish to be taken seriously.

Doesn't look like too much, in terms of animations and gameplay, has changed. I want the feel of Brian Lara '99, best cricket game of all time.

Just my thoughts anyways...

The version you may have seen in the wii version and it does look to be based on blic 2007. It is a completely different story with console as per reviews of very ardent cricket gaming fans at PC.

Got The Game Finally

Been reading these pages for a few weeks in anticipation but thought would sign up now ive finally got the game. Pre-ordered from shopto for ?31

If anyone's got any questions regarding any stats or whatever post up and ill try to answer

As a few of us will be getting the game today thought that it might be prudent to start a new thread where impressions from the final retail version can be posted.

My copy should be here within the next hour, first things I am going to check for is the bowler speeds and run outs.

More Soon.

What:eek: you are one lucky man. Please play and tell us about the run out bug? Hurryy

first thing i noticed is graham swann is classed as all rounder even though he has batting 56 and i would have thought more of just a bowler

wow man, it cant be,,, cant it??? you must be a very lucky man. tell as how is AI game play, runout bug, if u cant send us some screens as well :banana2

Ordered from Shopto.net, was dispatched yesterday so it should arrive this morning. It will be the Xbox 360 version.

played 2 overs with flintoff and anderson, australia have 1 run. went for a straightish drive and edged just short of what i think is mid off area.

the first ball they hit they run one run then thought about the second but stopped even though fielder was about a metre or two behind the ball running after it.

Yeha shotp were sending out xbox orders yesterday, hopefully they will be getting the pc stock in for dispatch today.

Let us know if any of the mentioned bugs exist man.

Users who are viewing this thread