Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

England 266/7 after 50 Overs

Flintoff hit a fluent 30 of 22 balls. Steyn got the last Wicket with Flintoff finding the man in the deep. On the whole it was a good innings from England. Although I think the AI could of easily got about extra 20-30 runs

Pros

AI pacing seems realistic although sometimes for 1-2 overs they go ultra defensive

Ball swings in early overs then the swing dies down. In the later overs reverse swing comes available but I didn’t notice it very much and it just seemed a normal delivery. Not sure if the pitch had a part to play with that

Edges thick and thin are very realistic

Flaws

Bowler speeds are wrong

Only Pietersen seemed to think where to score when I changed the field around. Whereas Bopara was just defending and taking the odd single

If I held all the catches and got direct hits with run outs England would have been out for under 200

I am pretty bad in batting. So I will take a break now and then later on post how the AI reacts when you chase a total

On the whole so far Ashes Cricket 2009 is a great game and is one of the best cricket games in a very long time

So the lengths haven't been fixed then. That's annoying.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

England 266/7 after 50 Overs

Flintoff hit a fluent 30 of 22 balls. Steyn got the last Wicket with Flintoff finding the man in the deep. On the whole it was a good innings from England. Although I think they AI could of easily got about extra 20-30 runs

Pros

AI pacing seems realistic although sometimes for 1-2 overs they go ultra defensive

Ball swings in early overs then the swing dies down. In the later overs reverse swing comes available but I didn?t notice it very much and it just seemed a normal delivery. Not sure if the pitch had a part to play with that

Edges thick and thin are very realistic

Flaws

Bowler speeds are wrong

Only Pietersen seemed to think where to score when I changed the field around. Whereas Bopara was just defending and taking the odd single

If I held all the catches and got direct hits with run outs England would have been out for under 200

I am pretty bad in batting. So I will take a break now and then later on post how the AI reacts when you chase a total

On the whole so far Ashes Cricket 2009 is a great game and is one of the best cricket games in a very long time

Which version are you playing? And are you saying that the edges are fixed? Any sign of the 'runout bug' yet?

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

im playing ashes test match at cardiff.

other annoyence is the bowlers stamina, anderson was down to about half after 4 overs so i took him off and now its the 15th over and he is still on 3 quarters fit. All 5 of my bowlers are knackered

Uh-oh, that sounds very much like the retarded stamina 'feature' in Fifa 09 PC. One question though - did you keep bowling in the yellow zone? That's supposed to tire them out faster.

What are the bouncers like: any venom to them now and is the bowling faster overall?

Good thing about this though is no matter how better you get... you cant change if it will be direct hit or not so thats fine!

Very realistic score!! and from what you said a varied style in dismissals!!:happy

So the lengths haven't been fixed then. That's annoying.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Which version are you playing? And are you saying that the edges are fixed? Any sign of the 'runout bug' yet?

Im playing the PS3 version on hard. Im not saying the edges are fixed the edges I got didn't carry but I was talking about Inside edges. I managed to get Collingwood play on to his stumps

The run out bug, I got one run out in the innings but I could of quite easily got more tbh

How long would it take to get to Australia from Shopto?

It could take a week I think. I think you should just wait until Thursday. Im lucky im currently in England when I got this game. So I will be taking this game with me when I leave for New Zealand on Thursday

Last edited:

Did you not say at the same time that KP was attacking Bopara was ticking the score over..... This may be a case of superb realism with the set batsmen attacking and the other playing it safe!!

Yes but with Bopara being 33 or something off 65 balls is that realistic? I thought Bopara was aggresive

Any chance of someone posting the Pakistan squad please? :)

Yes but with Bopara being 33 or something off 65 balls is that realistic? I thought Bopara was aggresive

Oh ok yeah fair point.. a lil over defensive! However in some way it rectified itself with others attacking!

Fingers crossed the run out misses on direct hits is purely to add tension.. some may hit many wont! I can live with one or 2 run outs in a one dayer!!:D

Im guessing very enjoyable... working for the wickets and getting the top edge to keeper off shah for example!!?

Wow the run rates sound very encouraging!
Jazz is there music when you hit boundaries?

It was the role needed at the moment, so Pieterson could score from the other end :). Are there any cheergirls in 20 20 ? :laugh:rtfl:happy

Yep wickets sometimes are very hard to get I mean I had soo many LBW shouts to be turned down. It would be nice if you could get more bowleds and caught behind.

The key is to get the batsman out when they are not settled, if you drop a catch off Pietersen then you really feel youve missed a chance as I did. I dropped him on 8 and he went on to score 99

Wow the run rates sound very encouraging!
Jazz is there music when you hit boundaries?

I think thats only in T20 im not sure though as I was too concentrated with the gameplay and talking with my friends the same time and keeping you guys posted

Last edited:
PK, has the speed of Anderson/broad been fixed or they were still bowling at 110-125 km/s?

And if not, can we fix them ourselves in the editor?

I just got caught behind to the keeper via inside edge it looked very realistic. I have to say edges have been implemented very well. Inside, outside, thick and thin

Bowling speeds look impressive. Brett lee I have seen clock about 95mph, Siddle about 87 and Johnson 89

They look good on the clock, how do they look on the screen? Does it feel like the bowling is physically faster and do the bouncers have some venom in them now?

Maybe the PG ace guys could fix it :crying

I don't think so. Only one group can sort out the runout bug (if it's still there) and that's Transmission themselves.

2 run-out's isn't soooo bad, but anymore than that per innings and F UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

I agree - after getting six or eight per innings in the demo, I can totally live with two runouts. It might not be completely gone, but it's obviously better people, so relax! :)

How do top edges work now - do they sometimes go straight up in the air like they should and are there more edges to keeper? I didn't get one of those in the demo! Not one. :eek:

How about the cameras? Are there different options and if not, is the default better than the demo?

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Yep wickets sometimes are very hard to get I mean I had soo many LBW shouts to be turned down. It would be nice if you could get more bowleds and caught behind.

The key is to get the batsman out when they are not settled, if you drop a catch off Pietersen then you really feel youve missed a chance as I did. I dropped him on 8 and he went on to score 99

That's similar to real cricket, as long as they're not completely invincible once they're set.

If i purchased from shop to today will it be sent today.

Have u played a 20/20 yet?
what's it like floodlight?
and do the AI play attacking when its a free hit?
also is Luke Wright in the England squad ?
and what stuff can you buy?

this sounds awesome
best way to improve the atmosphere is to go to the sound options, and turn up the crowd MAX, tweak the game sound fx and turn down the commentary and menu music.....now turn up the master volume, so that the adjusted menu music is good, and when u enter a match, the crowd is now extra loud.........the idea is to widen the gap in volumes between the crowd and everything else with the game....its a must with all sports games!!

Users who are viewing this thread