Rise of Rome - On the threshold of affluence

Its pretty decent Varun. I am actually quite interested to know what will happen as time progresses.
I think your real test in story writing skill will be when you describe the battle scenes. I think that is where you might potentially make or break your story.
Good job though!

A nice start. The presentation is fine IMO. It looks simple, neat and clean and that's they way I like it.

And I am on a secret mission for discovering gold. I do that every night! :spy

Good presentation and writings there Varun, it's an exciting topic too.
What you are using is fun too.

Can I still join?? If not, then still I'll follow it.

aoebanner.jpg

Chapter 3 - On the threshold of affluence

The ensuing days were full of toil but also came with much astonishment. No sooner than two days, our workforce augmented, for we were reunited with two more tribesmen of ours, whom we had long lost on our nomadic course, and had shed every hope of ever-seeing them again - considering them killed by an fierce animal or something. It was a moment full of elation and they were hugged cordially by everyone and welcomed to our so-called residence.

They were both men of jovial character. Marcius [Meet] was a tall one and could lend a helpful hand in any work whenever needed The second, Decius Brutus [Dipak], wasn't a really helpful hand in general work but had a research prowess. Soon, they became a part and parcel of our lives and we started working harder than ever. This was given a boost when Decius, while exploring, discovered a enormous water body with a lot of fish in it and stipulated to built a dock - a place enabling us a connection to the body - there. Servilius [Bevab] with assistance from Marcius [Meet] and Rutilius [Riz], took little time to build the dock and consequently, a boat was also constructed, by Servilius himself, to catch us the fish. Albius and Rufius [Yudi and Roofrom] dug up another storage pit to accomodate the increasing amount of food.

empiresx201101101659190.png
empiresx201101101659280.png

(left) Toiling hard, both for food and wood. (right) The dock built, it was a boost to our food stock.

Thus, retrofitted with the new equipment, things seemed to augur well for us. Our food stock proliferated and we built another shelter for us to live in, and it all seemed we were on the threshold of prosperity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Storage Stats

Wood : 80
Food : 448
Stone : 150

The discovery of Decius is something we must be very happy for. And it feels good to work together, especially if you are with your brother. Things seem to be going smooth for us now.

This was given a boost when Decius, while exploring, discovered a enormous water body with a lot of fish in it and stipulated to built a dock - a place enabling us a connection to the body - there
I am a genius alright;)

Anyways we have adequate quota of food so why not advance to the Tool Age

They were both men of jovial character. Marcius [Meet] was a tall one and could lend a helpful hand in any work whenever needed
I enjoyed the most with both the brothers-Albius and Rufius.
And I even had a quite a good time with Riz giving the necessary assistance to the bevab.

Users who are viewing this thread