Rise of Rome - On the threshold of affluence

PC Username : AkshayS
Roman Name: You can chose it for me
Role 1 (Pre-bronze age) : Villager
Role 2 (Post-bronze age) : Legion.

Well, story development is going fine Varun. But I am really hoping that you will include more than just the actions you are taking in the game.
A good story always has strong character development.
Maybe a bit more about the personalities of each person in each chapter you write. Maybe go into their history a bit even.
I know it will mean that you might have to do more work and give more detailed updates, but hey that is what makes a good story right?
Everyone living peacefully together within a tribe is boring :p
Why not start developing some internal politics between the tribesman?
Its always important to to engage the reader!

haha, hope to be introduced into this story soon but I guess I will be at some stage.

And yeah, I agree with ARay, you should make things more exciting.

Well, story development is going fine Varun. But I am really hoping that you will include more than just the actions you are taking in the game.
A good story always has strong character development.
Maybe a bit more about the personalities of each person in each chapter you write. Maybe go into their history a bit even.
I know it will mean that you might have to do more work and give more detailed updates, but hey that is what makes a good story right?
Everyone living peacefully together within a tribe is boring :p
Why not start developing some internal politics between the tribesman?
Its always important to to engage the reader!

Why not, sure?
But firstly I didn't go into deeper details because we're still in the stone age, and I thought perhaps their thinking wasn't that developed during this age, there will be deep studies of characters and politics, but I guess we should let us reach tool age first, for we don't even know we have a enemy country lying about there.

Come on, built a Barracks already. :p

(Because that's where my guy is created)

you cant build any war thingy in the first age. :facepalm:p great our dock is finally done, i think we need atleast one temple at some point before we advance.

I haven't played this game in like five years, give me a break. :p

In saying that though I did used to fiend it, so I should have really remembered that.

Come on, built a Barracks already. :p

(Because that's where my guy is created)

Probably in the next update or the next one after that.

you cant build any war thingy in the first age. :facepalm:p great our dock is finally done, i think we need atleast one temple at some point before we advance.

We don't get temples until bronze age. And that's a lot of time ahead.

----------

The next update will probably be the last update of the stone age, unless some enormous meteorite blows us apart. ;)

Why not, sure?
But firstly I didn't go into deeper details because we're still in the stone age, and I thought perhaps their thinking wasn't that developed during this age, there will be deep studies of characters and politics, but I guess we should let us reach tool age first, for we don't even know we have a enemy country lying about there.

If its Age of Empires, there will be an enemy :p
I mean when I mean politics, I dont mean it in the modern sense of like a senate or house of representatives.
I mean there could be characters who are power hungry and are friendly rivals or something like that.
I mean its human psychology, some people just don't like to be followers :p
Anyways I am sure you will do a decent job at it :)
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread