IPL Royal challengers Bangalore (SEASON 5 : Evaluation))

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
2w2op37.jpg

Discussion thread for Royal challengers Bangalore
Royal Challengers Bangalore 2012 IPL campaign

358t17s.jpg

01. Virat Kohli (VC)

02. Cheteshwar Pujara

03. Saurabh Tiwary

04. Mohammad Kaif

05. Zaheer Khan

06. R Vinay Kumar

07. Abhimanyu Mithun

08. Sreenath Arvind

09. Mayank Agarwal

10. Muralidharen Gautham

11. Arun Karthik

12. Vijay Zole

13. Karun Nair

14. Raju Bhatkal

15. S Thaigarajan

16. Asad Pathan

17. Ryan Ninan

18. Jamaluddin Syed Mohammad

19. KP Appanna

20. Harshal Patel

21. Abrar Kazi

22. Ronit More

15vzw3.jpg

01. Daniel Vettori (C)

02. Muttiah Muralitharan

03. AB de Villiers

04. Chris Gayle

05. Tillakaratne Dilshan

06. Charl Langaveldt

07. Andrew McDonald

08. Luke Pomersbach

09. Rilee Rossouw

10. Dirk Nannes

33ws5tw.jpg

OWNER : DR.Vijay Mallya
COACH : HEAD COACH - Ray Jennings, SUPPORT COACH - Sanath Kumar, BOWLING COACH - Venktesh Prasad
PHISYO : Evan Speechly
MENTOR : Anil Kumble
CEO : Brijesh Patel
MANAGER : Avinash Vaidya
MASSEUR : Ramesh Mane
ANALYST : Prassana Agoram

OFFICIAL TWITTER PAGE : RCBTweets

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK PAGE : RCB-FB

Last edited:

RPHKR

National Board President
RCB gonna rock this season as they've got awesome players with Kohli in peak-form.

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
One or two players cant win the title its team work which does it , so 1st match RCB VS DD its going to be a good match , DD bowlers vs RCB batsman's

Now lets go with RCB's find of the season

I will go with Vijay Zole and Harshal Patel (2 time 8for boy) :thumbs

jacobfelix

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I wonder who will keep wickets for our team....CM Gautam was hopeless this Ranji season so much so that he was dropped for quite some matches

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
@Dipak : yup da they are in great form guess you forgot gayle and people tend to forget our bowling heros and on the spell i will correct it once i login from my pc and please change my spellig add h @ jacobfelix : dude in my guess i think both will be getting even chances the better performer sticks with the final XI and its hard to pick both as pujara is back and ab may handle the glove and whats your line up for the 1st encounter against dd remember no dillu for rcb and no kp and mj for dd ...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think Kohli should captain RCB pretty soon. In fact, RCB owners should have appointed him captain for this season itself. He is the future India captain, and being such a big star Indian player now, he should lead this Indian franchise. Would be good experience for him at the captaincy job.

With Gayle, Kohli, DeVilliers, Dilshan, etc in their batting lineup, this side should ideally find batting to be ridiculously easy. Opposition should look to have RCB bat first, because that could be the best way to beat RCB. You give Gayle, Dilshan and Kohli a target to chase and they will chase it down pretty easily....

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
I think Kohli should captain RCB pretty soon. In fact, RCB owners should have appointed him captain for this season itself. He is the future India captain, and being such a big star Indian player now, he should lead this Indian franchise. Would be good experience for him at the captaincy job.

With Gayle, Kohli, DeVilliers, Dilshan, etc in their batting lineup, this side should ideally find batting to be ridiculously easy. Opposition should look to have RCB bat first, because that could be the best way to beat RCB. You give Gayle, Dilshan and Kohli a target to chase and they will chase it down pretty easily....

Yup i agree with you he is capable but, people wont take risk over experience right, so they opted for Vettori over Virat, never mind who is the captain when they are playing as a team and doing well, @ Opposition should look to have RCB bat first i will say yes we are good chasers and we are not capable of defending modest 140-160 scores i have hope in our bowlers this time since the Karnataka trio are back together along with experienced zak and young and grooming harsha patel with the likes 4 formidable spinners Murali, Danny , Appanna & Syed mohammad :thumbs

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Dan and Zak are no mugs with the ball. I wouldn't say that their bowling's bad. RCB ought to win this edition.

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
Dan and Zak are no mugs with the ball. I wouldn't say that their bowling's bad. RCB ought to win this edition.

Every fans hope is the same they are very much capable of doing so the only thing is they need to get their bowling right and find some one like arvind who came at the later stage and bagged bunch of wicket and at a key intervals so i hope this time it would be harshal patel who will do so

jacobfelix

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Jennings was saying that out of the 4 overseas slot in the playing 11, one will be occupied by Danny boy and other one by Muralitharan....
so the other 2 slots, I think for Gayle/Villiers/Nannes......and then of course, the rotation policy as the league progresses....

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
So based up on Ray Jennings verdict i guess the XI would look alike

RCB XI

01. Mayank Agarwal / Vijay Zole

02. Chris Gayle

03. Virat Kohli

04. AB de Villiers (?)

05. Cheteshwar Pujara / Mohammad Kaif

06. Saurabh Tiwary

07. Daniel Vettori (C)

08. R Vinay Kumar

09. Abhimanyu Mithun / Sreenath Arvind / Harshal Patel

10. Zaheer Khan (Not sure that he will be available for all the matches)

11. Muttiah Muralitharan

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles