Rugby League 2

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Think you mean Josh Graham, never been a Jamie that I know of.
Might get myself back into playing, hopefully I can get some team updates so that my team has Zillman and stuff.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
i know of josh graham... im really good at this game, i win easily on the hardest level which you have to unlock

Brett_Lee

International Coach
I just won the Grand final against the bulldogs in franchise mode in second season.

About to enter season 3 :D

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
*Bump*

Been playing this lately. Tried to make a recent dragons team. Made Brett and Josh Morris.. Got rid of Ennis for Woolford... Got rid of Thompson for Scott and got Isemonger (Not sure how to spell it) and Soward for Head. Got rid of Barrett and play Hornby in the halves with Brett Morris fullback and Josh winger. I tried to get the team we had last year. What annoys me is unless you have control of the player in defence they run around like headless chooks and passes are to lobbed. I would like to see better attacking with the players that your not in control of would read the situation better.

When your defending on the line there would be a 3 on 3 then the centre would run inwards and they would have a huge gap then the wing would run out and the gap gets bigger and they score. Bloody annoying. I wish a Rugby League 3 was out.

Last edited:

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I don't have RL2 but I have played it. Seemed a lot better than RL1 but boy I wish there was a Rugby League 3.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Yeah. I dont know if Sidhe are even making one :( I wish EA sports would make one.

Yep, true. They're not making one, no one is planning on making one and the license for the game seems to be lost somewhere. So no new Rugby League game for at least 18 months with no producers on the line you would have to say. Disappointed no one has it.

I use to have it, I had it for like 2-3 months until I decided to trade in into EB for a smashing $56-$60 and maybe buy it back later, still hasn't enticed me. In fact I met Brett_Lee before PC and on those RL2 forums.

Producing Australian made sports into games seems like too big of an ask. AFL has been in a dilemma for a long while now and the Rugby League 2 wasn't exactly shone like what EA can do.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Can't see EA picking up the title they could have had it ages ago after their ARL 97 game but choose not to. I can see why the market is too small for them.

rabbitoh rob

International Cricketer
Yeah. I dont know if Sidhe are even making one :( I wish EA sports would make one.

HES own the rights at the moment. So if they dont make it (looks like the wont) noone else can. Oh can you guess who i support :p
The head of Sidhe has stated HES are in discussions with them, however with the market in transition (next gen consoles) no development is likely to start till 2009 - 2010.

Last edited:

IloveGilly

HES own the rights at the moment. So if they dont make it (looks like the wont) noone else can. Oh can you guess who i support :p
The head of Sidhe has stated HES are in discussions with them, however with the market in transition (next gen consoles) no development is likely to start till 2009 - 2010.

According to the Rugby League forums, they have no idea what they're going.

But Australian sports games have always been in trouble.

Brett_Lee

International Coach
Yep, true. They're not making one, no one is planning on making one and the license for the game seems to be lost somewhere. So no new Rugby League game for at least 18 months with no producers on the line you would have to say. Disappointed no one has it.

I use to have it, I had it for like 2-3 months until I decided to trade in into EB for a smashing $56-$60 and maybe buy it back later, still hasn't enticed me. In fact I met Brett_Lee before PC and on those RL2 forums.

Producing Australian made sports into games seems like too big of an ask. AFL has been in a dilemma for a long while now and the Rugby League 2 wasn't exactly shone like what EA can do.

Yep on the RL2 Forums!

I think that Ea are afraid of the game not being popular as their Rugby Union games are renownd worldwide

But Rugby League 2 was quite popular as it was the number 1 game for a few weeks and stayed in the charts so i dont understand what they are afraid about!

I wouldnt mind if Ea made one as long as it wouldnt be soo buggy!

Along with this they would allow a higher budget which could secure more rights for the game such as names on jerseys, more stadiums and along with this they would prob feature more playing modes. But i would wander how their graphics would be

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
The problem with Rugby League (other than it sucking) is that it's not very popular worldwide. The only countries which it is popular in are really England and Australia. Australia is probably the only country in the world that it beats Union in terms of popularity. In huge rugby countries such as New Zealand and South Africa, League is almost non-existent.

Rugby League games would be popular in Australia, but elsewhere they would struggle.

Can't see EA picking up the title they could have had it ages ago after their ARL 97 game but choose not to. I can see why the market is too small for them.
They did the same with AFL, they basically gave them up when the 2000's rolled over because there was not enough international appeal.

Last edited:

IloveGilly

They did the same with AFL, they basically gave them up when the 2000's rolled over because there was not enough international appeal.

And we can see how well that's going. Probably some of the most glitchiest and low budgeted games anywhere. No one will step up to the plate with any Australian sport unless it's a small company looking for a break-through.

Users who are viewing this thread